Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I agree this board is mainly for the Treo, but you can't really stop people from expressing other opinions.
    By the same token, I'm free to disagree with those opinions and counter with my own.

You know, discussion.
    We never said everyone was supposed to agree. Don't put words into our mouths. We never complained about - nor have we tried to stop- people expressing their opinions. All we're saying is, that if all these other devices are so fantastic, and you're SOOOO disappointed with the Treo, then just move on already, and save us all the constant whining.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Wow. A bit lactose intolerant?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I rest my case. Your post is contradictory. Until the Mod tells people to stop discussing other devices, we still have a right to.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Palm just "forgot" to break down the memory for us. They added it all together, thinking average people won't know the difference.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    What are you, a lawyer? Care to explain how my post is contradictory? I'm not saying I have a problem with you discussing other devices(although this is the 'Treo General Chat' section of the forums). I just don't understand. If you like these other devices so much more, and you don't think the Treo can cut it anymore, why not just move on to these other devices? Am I missing something?
    Last edited by ShannonElements; 03/11/2006 at 07:09 PM.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I know this is all rather inconsequential, but you mean to to tell me that people actually had to take the 700 apart to see how much RAM it had? And that Palm is lying?
    No. In fact we knew from the memory applet how much ram it had to have, but people like you appear to need physical proof before you can accept that Palm shortchanged the Treo 700w. It was pretty obvious, with the Treo 700w having 20MB less memory free than the ppc 6700, that it could not have a 64 MB SDRAM chip.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    No. In fact we knew from the memory applet how much ram it had to have, but people like you appear to need physical proof before you can accept that Palm shortchanged the Treo 700w. It was pretty obvious, with the Treo 700w having 20MB less memory free than the ppc 6700, that it could not have a 64 MB SDRAM chip.

Surur
    "People like you"? What the hell does that mean? I don't need physical proof, it's just a little confusing because I've heard so many different things in regards to how much RAM the 700 has(due to Palm clouding the issue I guess?), I was just wondering why there's such a discrepancy. Of course, I don't even own a 700, so it doesn't matter to me one way or another. I'm just curious is all.
    You basically said we should shut up about comparing the Treo to other devices.

Maybe the Mod should move this thread to "Other Handhelds".

BTW, I did move to several other devices. And might again if the 700p is too much like the 650. Or maybe I'll sell the 650 to pay for the 700, not sure yet. But I still have the 650 because it is the best Palm OS phone ever.

"People like you"? What the hell does that mean? I don't need physical proof, it's just a little confusing because I've heard so many different things in regards to how much RAM the 700 has(due to Palm clouding the issue I guess?), I was just wondering why there's such a discrepancy. Of course, I don't even own a 700, so it doesn't matter to me one way or another. I'm just curious is all.
    I guess "people like you" shouldn't be curious.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    That is NOT basically what I said(although this IS the 'TREO GENERAL CHAT' section of these forums); that's basically how you perceived what I said. Damn internet. And my comment wasn't directed just at you LT. I know you've moved on to other devices(your sig makes that pretty obvious, after all). But there are so many people who HAVEN'T moved to other devices who are constantly complaining about being disappointed with the Treo, and I'm just a little baffled as to why they don't jut move on already. Maybe it's because they're not as disappointed as they say?
    I never said shut up. I also never said it's not alright to discuss anything.

What I was commenting on was the constant whining, by several posters, about how Palm is not keeping up with all these "other great devices" and how the Treo is lacking X or Y, especially when many of the "other great devices" are not even available on the marlet yet. I don't see the point. If YOU think another device is better...use it. Simple.

Now, discussing technical differences....WITHOUT THE WHINING....is an entirely different matter, and can be fun. But it does belong in the "other devices" forum...not that I really care.

On a different note...the munk avatar sandwiched between the two, far more attractive avatars, is just....out of place. No offense monkey boy, I'm sure you wouldn't be objecting to that.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    If there are "better" devices on the market...as in, available to purchase today...I suggest you go buy one and live happily ever after.

Seems simple to me. Why does this need to be discussed ad nauseum?
    This comment pretty much sums it up for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo

On a different note...the munk avatar sandwiched between the two, far more attractive avatars, is just....out of place. No offense monkey boy, I'm sure you wouldn't be objecting to that.
    I can't think of many better places to be, then sandwiched between LT and Sung Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I can't think of many better places to be, then sandwiched between LT and Sung Hi.
    And a nice glass of milk. All we need are some chocolate chip cookies!
    My Treo 650 is the best PDA/Phone I've had yet, and by a huge margin. I've had several Blackberries, a few Windows Mobile phones, and quite a few non-smart phones like the Sony-Ericsson T610, V800, Panasonic G55, Nokia 3220. My Treo (upgraded most recently from the Treo 600) does more than any other device, and does it better. But having said that, my Quest for the Most Amazing Phone Everô doesn't end with the Treo. I'm very curious about this new Asus phone. I'm no fan of Windows Mobile, but this thing looks to be packed with features. The WiFi part jumped off the page at me. Yeah, I'll take a good hard look, maybe even buy one. Of course, by the time it actually ships I may be so enamored with my Treo 770p that I won't want to mess with a Windows device.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I would still like the ROM/NVRAM question answered as I too am curious
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I guess "people like you" shouldn't be curious.
    Right, because I might not buy a 700w in the future
    Stop being so skeptical then! You come across like that Blazer fellow, always doubting what is obvious to everyone else who has spent some times on the board, asking for extra-ordinary proof when the majority has long been satisfied, and attacking people who know more than you, e.g.

That's what I thought too. And people always talk about the 700w having 60-something megs of RAM. Get your facts straight LT!
    Has it ever occurred to you that people might disagree with you because they know more about a subject than you do? Maybe you should defer to people that have been around longer, and likely know what they are talking about.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk
    I would still like the ROM/NVRAM question answered as I too am curious
    Don't forget, as per Teh Munk, "people like you" shouldn't be curious

It's apparently a 'need to know' basis
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast