Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I called today through the business line I have and they told me that I can get Sero and the 650 for $149 with two year contract.

I want EV-DO so the rep was telling me it's a lot faster and available in NYC. offered me a ppc 6700 for 399, but I really dont like the form factor of that phone...(personally I like WM)
    He also said that I can wait until the end of April or Mid MAY they will have the new treo. The 650 is supposedly getting discontinued in april. I dont know how accurate his info is, but he told me he is not allowed to give dates even if they have them (he said he doesn’t have a date on the 700P)

So there you have it, should I wait until the 700p comes out to switch over to sprint from tmobile or should I jump ship on the SERO plan before anything happens? (they have it listed as an offer until 6/2006, is this a revocable offer? Or im afraid that they will tighten things up. (I also get 23% discount because the company I work for has a partnership with sprint)
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

What do you want more? The plan, or the phone? SERO is supposed to end 6/30. That much we know. As to when a new P/OS Treo will come out, do we really know?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Get the 650 and the Sero plan and when the 700P comes out sell the 650 buy the 700P. Then you will have your SERO plan and 700P
    Hi Camel!

Here is my story. I just got signed up for a new line of service on the Sero plan, as well, and wanted to wait to get the 700P. They said I had to buy the phone right then. So I opted for the 19.95 Samsung. ($169.95 - $150 discount) When I recieved the phone I called back and said I wanted to return it. They gave me the authorization and I returned it box unopened. I said I would go into a store and get the 650 -- since the store had a better price than they did. They noted that on my account. I am going to wait for the 700P and fight the battle to get the new contract discount at that time, since the first phone was returned within the 15 day period and the line of service will have been unused in the meantime.

(I went ahead and got the Sero Plan then -- as the CSR was telling me it was ending 2/28. Who knows -- I spoke w/ 10 different people and got 10 different stories but I decided to lock in then. I hope the 700P get's here in April and not June! The savings on the Sero plan for the 2 year contract and beyond, will more than offset these 2-3 useless months.)

We will see how the battle goes when the 700P arrives.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/09/2006 at 07:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. And Perry that sounds just like what I was about to do, but I would probably just get the 650 and keep it. ( I currently own a GSM unlocked 650 -its like new probably going to throw it on ebay for 3 and change)

So the tempting sides are:
    -Sero Plan might vanish into thin air.
    -I hear i can still get my discount on top of sero(seems to be problem for others and some do get it)

Regrets:
    -what if the 700p comes out a couple of months later.
    -ebay price of the 650 will go down hardcore especially for sprint.

the good:
    -even if sero ends I can still get the 23% off the total with any plan and data.

and oh tmobile still has me for 5 more months and those rats took of the $20 plan.
    so i might just go ahead with sprint..test the service..the data, the treo, compare and if i like, i keep. I dont like or still feel that the regrets are heavier i might back out.

Ok. What is SERO plan??? I just went online and cant find any plan listed SERO.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Ok. Sorry. I got it. Man I hate to search but its amazing to find out so many things with it.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    The trick with Sprint is to find a knowledgable CSR. Retention will usually know the ins and outs of what's really going on. The reason most CSR's don't know much is because the more in-depth databases with the most detailed info (like the vision error db) aren't included in sprint's training program (at least they weren't when I was with Sprint) So even though every CSR has access, many simply aren't aware that such resources are available to them.

I used to work for Sprint, so I'm familiar with their computer systems. What I'd give to access the good old sprint databases now I'm sure I could find some nice details. There was one db that always had all the phones coming out for the next 3 months or so
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I'm getting my corp discount (25%) with SERO. The guaranteed way to do it is to add new lines with SERO to an existing accout with the discount added. The sprint rep (added 2 sero lines in store - really cool guy) couldn't believe that the plan existed, that he could find it in the system (took him about 30 minutes, but he found both the 30 and 50 dollar plans), and that I was getting my discount on top of it all. Happy camper! It's well worth it for me to pay the 150 ETF on the one line I had with the money I'll be saving. I decided to get SERO now because who knows how long it will be around, especially with the internet spreading it like wildfire. I strongly suspect they'll cancel it early because of the demand.

Now to wait for the 700p!
    Quote Originally Posted by bwillet
    Now to wait for the 700p!
    Lol

Get in line with the rest of us, though I think that funny-looking pink tent at the front is Perry's and VKJuniors
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
    I'm waiting for the 700P. I got the Sero plan last month and they let me keep my 25% business discount and current phone number and I didnt have a pay any ETF at all.

The rep noted my account and stated that I could switch to Power vision once I get a new phone. Which I told them I would be getting one within the next 3-6 months.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Midknight
    Lol

Get in line with the rest of us, though I think that funny-looking pink tent at the front is Perry's and VKJuniors

Visitors Always Welcome!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I guess i will wait for the 700P.
    I could not for the life of me get the same rep. I have his name and they just would not let me talk to him.."uhmm i cant connect you with..but i can help" "he's on lunch break now." etc. They would not give me the treo 650 for $150, they said its only for business and i would need a tax id.

oh well, i'll get the a900 sell it with the ILL quickness on ebay with a few bells and whistles and someone is going to buy it for $312 shipped and pay via money order or paypal. and i get the treo for CHEAP!
    oh wait i said i was going to wait for the 700P omg what to do this is fun

I looked at SERO plans, they did not seem like that great of a deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    Other than no Family SERO Plan (which I don't need), I see no downside. I did the math, and it saved me $840 over a 2 year contract vs what I have now. I made the jump this week.
    With the money I saved, I'm seriously considering adding a data card for my laptop, with unlimited use. It'll put me back to just above what I was paying, but I get a whole lot more.
    Actually... I have time this afternoon to pop over to my local Sprint Store...
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    Thanks for the info. And Perry that sounds just like what I was about to do, but I would probably just get the 650 and keep it. ( I currently own a GSM unlocked 650 -its like new probably going to throw it on ebay for 3 and change)

So the tempting sides are:
    -Sero Plan might vanish into thin air.
    -I hear i can still get my discount on top of sero(seems to be problem for others and some do get it)

Regrets:
    -what if the 700p comes out a couple of months later.
    -ebay price of the 650 will go down hardcore especially for sprint.

the good:
    -even if sero ends I can still get the 23% off the total with any plan and data.

and oh tmobile still has me for 5 more months and those rats took of the $20 plan.
    so i might just go ahead with sprint..test the service..the data, the treo, compare and if i like, i keep. I dont like or still feel that the regrets are heavier i might back out.
    If you have 5 months left with Tmobile...just wait for the 700p and you won't regret sprint. You just have to B_$%# slap customer service from time to time. I am awaiting. I am patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny

It is great for individual plans but nothing special if you have large shared fair and flexible plan. IMO, it really comes down to whether you want several separate plans or not. Also, included vision on the sero plans is nice, but not necessary if not everyone needs vision on the phones...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Sold my Treo 650 unlocked (for about 550 on eBay, HA!)...I await the new ones...such torture.
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    It is great for individual plans but nothing special if you have large shared fair and flexible plan. IMO, it really comes down to whether you want several separate plans or not. Also, included vision on the sero plans is nice, but not necessary if not everyone needs vision on the phones...
    i still have the plan that includes vision for free. i just cant believe i cannot find a better deal, i have had my plan for 3 years now (the plan i have is pretty hard to beat...)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Other than no Family SERO Plan (which I don't need), I see no downside. I did the math, and it saved me $840 over a 2 year contract vs what I have now. I made the jump this week.
    With the money I saved, I'm seriously considering adding a data card for my laptop, with unlimited use. It'll put me back to just above what I was paying, but I get a whole lot more.
    Actually... I have time this afternoon to pop over to my local Sprint Store...
    Followup:
    Went to my Sprint store, things keep getting better.
    Added the data card, with unlimited use. Normally $80 a month, got it for $60 cuz it was a second line on my account. First month was free btw.
    But wait! There's more!
    I mentioned that when I signed up for SERO, I didn't take advantage of the $150 toward a new phone. She credited it to my account.
    And then I mentioned my profession (I teach), and she said she would apply an additional discount of 18% monthly to my account. She didn't even ask for proof of employment.

Bottom line, my previous plan cost me $71 monthly.
    New SERO plan ($30 / 500 min) plus Lockline, plus my data card, after rebates & service credit applied, $69.97 monthly for 2 years.
    Less money, more stuff.

A bunch of my students have signed on for SERO. I should be getting commission from Sprint.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast