Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just came across another San Jose Area Craigslist treo prototype sale... Who's going to take the plunge this time, and share some pics?

http://www.craigslist.org/sby/ele/140506742.html
    I'm in Michigan, do they deliver?
    Merlyn! Go get it tiger.
    Quote Originally Posted by treofan7
    Just came across another San Jose Area Craigslist treo prototype sale... Who's going to take the plunge this time, and share some pics?

So, you're a big Craigslist fan eh? Self promoting, eh?
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Merlyn! Go get it tiger.
    Haha....sorry, my treo's gotta have evdo.
    Quote Originally Posted by treofan7

Heh...I hope you're using a bs email you just signed up for with yahoo for that ad, b/c it's gonna get hammered.
    It just keeps getting better and better............GSM with Palm OS. LOL
    I suspect you signed up today, after they cut you off under another alias. No more jokes, please!!

How many handles are you allowed to post under here? Maybe I'll make my new handle Gadget Diva, LOL! Or I wonder if the Mod can change your handle for you.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Gimme a break - "650 or 700?" So I get to pay $800 for a 650, assuming I get anything at all?
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    "Prototype Treo, GSM Unlocked, no antenna, cobalt blue, Palm OS

Best offer. Cash only in person. 408 area code only

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests"

The msg read "cobalt blue" the one that Merlyn had was black. Not saying that it will for sure be black but it is most like a 650 based on color alone.

Weird
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  11. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    I'm hoping someone goes for this and we can verify it like Merlyn and Shadowmite did (provided, of course, that this is genuine)--and see if it supports UMTS/HSDPA, and whether for Europe, the US and both. And I'm still working out how to square it with the "4 Treo models for 2006" statement and the rumors/scoop so far.

Palm does seem to be doing "musical colors"--Sprint's 600 was close to black, then their 650 was blue, now the 700w is black and this rumored GSM one is blue...
    Last edited by Q; 03/09/2006 at 10:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Merlyn! Go get it tiger.

I have a friend who could get it locally!

I live in Texas but I have cousins in San Jose!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I'm in Michigan, do they deliver?

Perry what should I offer?

J.G.

I may try to get it for play!
    Maybe we could all chip in?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I'm sure Handspring corporate security would be interested in "talking" to the seller.
  16.    #16  
    Actually, that's not my treo at all... First time poster, but long time reader here and came across the post in my daily CL search to track down a 700p a bit early. I dont have GSM service, so it's not much use to me - but nevertheless, I emailed the dude but he never got back to me. Im guessing it's because I am in 415 and not 408.

No need to flame... I was just trying to help, and would prefer to see this go to someone here who would share the scoop on this phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducsingle
    I'm sure Handspring corporate security would be interested in "talking" to the seller.
    What makes you think that? Are you with Handspring corporate security?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    What makes you think that? Are you with Handspring corporate security?
    As Merlyn

Palm now has his "old" 700p.....and from a few posts up, it can't be a 650 as it has no antenna.

Wouldn't be surprised if Palm jumped this guy already after finding out how Merlyn got his.
    I like in the Bay Area. San Jose is a just a quick drive down for me.

Hmm.... very tempting.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Tried to contact the individual, I will be going through San Jose on Saturday. Wanted to at least see what he had. I could always play along with his "I got this hot new prototype" plan and find out he has a 600 with the antenna removed.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast