Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    My freind is an accessories manufacturer for palm. He told me that there will be no new TREO until 2007. Sorry but htis info is very reliable. He called the the treo 700w in august of last year. From what we hear the Treo 700w sales are way off! Palm considers it a failure.

I dumped my treo 650 becuse it would need replacing every 6 months. I also did not like poor speakerphone and poor cal quality.

oh well. back to my blackberry 8700. love it....
    If he's not with Palm itself, I call it just another rumor.

Though I wouldn't be completely surprised if sales of the 700w are tepid. Because there are so many WM5 devices to choose from, Palm lost it's edge using what everyone else does.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm208
    My freind is an accessories manufacturer for palm. He told me that there will be no new TREO until 2007. Sorry but htis info is very reliable. He called the the treo 700w in august of last year. From what we hear the Treo 700w sales are way off! Palm considers it a failure.

I dumped my treo 650 becuse it would need replacing every 6 months. I also did not like poor speakerphone and poor cal quality.

oh well. back to my blackberry 8700. love it....
    Those stories about your friend and your wife? They're just rumors too.
    Guess Ed Colligan CEO of Palm is lying then.

mmm ya shoud post here.....the BB side ain't gettin much support in the head to head.

http://jeffmatthewsisnotmakingthisup...rsus-palm.html
    Have you seen a public statement on 700w sales? I hadn't noticed one. I'd be curious to know what they are saying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Guess Ed Colligan CEO of Palm is lying then.

mmm ya shoud post here.....the BB side ain't gettin much support in the head to head.

http://jeffmatthewsisnotmakingthisup...rsus-palm.html
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Um...this person only has 10 posts. He's full of it.
    You might want to find new friends........................
    Post count doesn't discount someone. Many known people on here obviously had to start with ONE post.

I just think he heard yet another person speculating. The speculator's "2007" rumor doesn't match the other rumor of "no Palm OS Treos until mid-year". The mid-year one was claimed to have been uttered by a Palm spokesperson. However, I'm not sure of that one either.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    When I joined TC, I was given 7,500 free post counts as a signing bonus...

But how many more of these "friend of a friend who knows somebody" posts must we endure?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Um...this person only has 10 posts. He's full of it.
    Hi Merlyn 3D! How are you doing?

Go gently on the lad. After dealing with 10 differrent CSR's at Sprint last week who had opposing info on the same topic -- I can believe anyone has heard almost anything about the 700P. From suppliers, Palm and/or Sprint.

This was just nuts in November. . . . . .now we might just hear that Elvis is in the building and will be delivering the first 700P to t2gungho. Are you still with us T?

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Here in Singapore, T650 is selling with bundle of goodies with zire thrown in as free. I got one last month as my previous one was stolen. This is a tell tale sign that a replacement is on the way if history of palm in Singapore is observe.
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    When I joined TC, I was given 7,500 free post counts as a signing bonus...

But how many more of these "friend of a friend who knows somebody" posts must we endure?
    Looks like about 3 per week.

Sorry, but I serious doubt this "reliable" friend's story and "no new TREO until 2007".

It just does not make sense. If it was true, Palm would truely be dead by then.

Just my opinion.

BTW - great new avatar vikingjunior! If you have not checked out his link to his avatar, it is worth your time. It is very well done.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Ladytreo,

I just found out that you want Qtek 9100 as your next gadget... My personal experience of that machine is not that good. I hope you remember my post on other thread which you had responded.

The machine is too damn slow due to processor. The keyboard implementation is not as good as T650 eventhough it seems to be larger. It has only 1 shift key on the left side and if you want to write capital A, S ,Q Z or anything on the left side, you need to use your lef finger to hold the shift key and use the right finger to type which can be problematic as the space is too cramp.

The battery is also another issue...

This is ofcourse is my personal opinion thoug...
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc
    Snip
    BTW - great new avatar vikingjunior! If you have not checked out his link to his avatar, it is worth your time. It is very well done.

The Munk has many talents. . . . . . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    The Munk has many talents. . . . . . . . .
    I can't take the credit for the flash file. It was posted on a site a few years back, but has since disappeared. I downloaded it back then, because I thought it hilarious, and came across it in some old files I had. So I posted it in teH Munk forum.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Truth and Humility, as well.

Gosh.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have this love hate relationship with Treo smartphone.

I had Nokia 950. Good phone and great keyboard. Too slow, bad PIM implementation and no chatter email. That is gone.

I had Qtek 9100. Bad OS, bad keyboard, bad battery and too slow. Play with it for 1 week and it is gone. Good implementation on Office Suite and chinese though. I can live with the email program as I can program it to download email on interval basis.

T650 is best suite for me with a bunch of good softwares like agendus pro, chatter email, and bible but I can do with slimmer size,wifi, and no antena. I want Moto Q form with palm OS. I am hooked on this thing and checking daily to see if I can splurge money just to get a stylist form eventhoug the software does not change.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm208
    From what we hear the Treo 700w sales are way off! Palm considers it a failure.
    What's the rational here? The Treo 700w is a failure so...lets not release another phone? That makes no business sense whatsoever, on top of the fact the sales of the 700W actually have nothing to do with the success or failure of a 700P.

As far as sales, we'll all find out March 23rd when Palm releases their financial status as well as, you know...answer questions, probably about sales of the 700W. So we'll see just how reliable this source is...
  20. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sindu
    I have this love hate relationship with Treo smartphone.

I had Nokia 950. Good phone and great keyboard. Too slow, bad PIM implementation and no chatter email. That is gone.

I had Qtek 9100. Bad OS, bad keyboard, bad battery and too slow. Play with it for 1 week and it is gone. Good implementation on Office Suite and chinese though. I can live with the email program as I can program it to download email on interval basis.

T650 is best suite for me with a bunch of good softwares like agendus pro, chatter email, and bible but I can do with slimmer size,wifi, and no antena. I want Moto Q form with palm OS. I am hooked on this thing and checking daily to see if I can splurge money just to get a stylist form eventhoug the software does not change.
    If the Craigslist ad referred to here is genuine, this will be your best bet (and mine). Internal antenna according to the ad. Slimmer size sounds plausible. No word on WiFi.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=109224
    Last edited by Q; 03/09/2006 at 10:44 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast