Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc
    Who else likes Lady Treo's new avatar picture?
    Avatar? I never even noticed to old ones...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I think it is an underhanded attempt to make it hard for the all the guys on here to argue with her....a typical female ploy!

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Avatar? I never even noticed to old ones...
    I almost spit my coffee all over the place when I read this...the avatar king never even noticed....good one.
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    I almost spit my coffee all over the place when I read this...the avatar king never even noticed....good one.
    OMFG!!!! LT is a female??? Holy crap!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    OMFG!!!! LT is a female??? Holy crap!
    Lawrence Taylor is a female ?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Lawrence Taylor is a female ?
    No, it's Ladanian Tomlinson now...
    - Albert Einstein
    I started to believe you until you said this :
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    And this it not just cheerleading on my part.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I started to believe you until you said this :
    It's not just cheerleading, get my drift?

May/June, at the latest.

And that is not 2007.

Cheers, Perry.
    THIS JUST IN...

There will NOT be a new Treo until Palm releases one!

Hope that clears this up for everyone.
    - Albert Einstein
    Palm is has slowed down "major" releases. Someone please correct this:

Treo 300 released: 2002?
    Treo 600 released: Oct 2003
    Treo 650 released: Nov 2004

It's been over a year since a new Treo (Palm OS) has come out.

I guess the "minor" Windows version took all their resources.

So right now, 2007 doesn't sound so far-fetched.

I suppose we may see a Palm version (or Linux or whatever) this year with EVDO and BT 1.2 (should be 2.0, but you take what you can get) and maybe a better camera. But I think that's about it. I hope I am wrong and there is more.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Palm is has slowed down "major" releases. Someone please correct this:

Treo 300 released: 2002?
    Treo 600 released: Oct 2003
    Treo 650 released: Nov 2004

It's been over a year since a new Treo (Palm OS) has come out.

I guess the "minor" Windows version took all their resources.

So right now, 2007 doesn't sound so far-fetched.

I suppose we may see a Palm version (or Linux or whatever) this year with EVDO and BT 1.2 (should be 2.0, but you take what you can get) and maybe a better camera. But I think that's about it. I hope I am wrong and there is more.

Hi Mikec!

Access stated that ALP Developer Kits would not be available UNTIL LATE IN 2006. Palm has said it takes a year from having an OS in hand to bring a Treo to market. So it will probably be early 2008 before we see a Palm/Linux Treo -- if they decide to build one. Palm has also stated the would release a PalmOS Treo this year. We have seen the Sprint Beta on this forum. Sprint stores now have it in their computers.

I think May/June 2006 is a done deal for the 700P Garnet version with EV-DO.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/12/2006 at 01:49 PM.
    So a 650 re-hash with EV-DO.
    $600 for the same device with a new radio. Us early adopter suckers will eat it up....

I fear the Linux Treo will be a pipedream (commercially) if it's not here until 2008. Other players will not sit idly by...
    Palm gets to bide their time, see how sales continue for the 700w, and make a decision later as to what OS they want to run with. If sales of the WM version far outpace the Palm version, it's possible that the Treo line will transition completley to Windows Mobile. I think Palm is very much in the "wait-and-see" mode, trying to judge what direction to go in.
    I just heard from a very reliable source that Palm is coming our with a new product THIS YEAR. The details are sketchy but it might involve a TREO of some kind. It just so happens that a high level employee of Palm who is involved with product management owns a parrot. The parrot was in a vetrenarian's office and blurted out "It will definitely happen this year!" in front of the whole waiting room population. I think this is all the confirmation we need.
    I think the Sprint Stores must now be getting some sort info on the upcoming release, as we are seeing more and more "I just talked to. . . . . . . . . . .at Sprint. . . . " posts, but due to employee NDAs, no one is going to come right out and say it.

The noise level is getting higher, which is a good thing -- but as the more time that passes -- my mind, as well as my heart now, is grudgingly giving into Shadowmite's speculation on a May release, which he based on where Sprint was on the testing path at the time he made the speculation.

Cheers, Perry.
    You sound like you work for the Department of Homeland Security talking about noise level and chatter! How about you just wire tap P1 or HTC (they're not even in America) to find out the excat date and specs?
    Last edited by treozero; 03/13/2006 at 09:53 AM. Reason: icons not working out right
    Quote Originally Posted by treozero
    You sound like you work for the Department of Homeland Security talking about noise level and chatter! How about you just wire tap P1 or HTC (they're not even in America) to find out the excat date and specs?

LOL

IWIIC,BIC,SIW.

Last edited by gtwo; 03/13/2006 at 10:10 AM.

Quite Becoming!
    It's not just cheerleading, get my drift?

May/June, at the latest.

And that is not 2007.

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry tell Palm we need it announced on your daugther's BD. I don't want to wait till may.

If Sprint got the Motorola Q; I would try the phone. Sprint does not have enough Smart Phones or PDA's
    I don't like these "friend who knows something" posts, but I can see why they are so common: a lot of people work at Sprint/Palm. A friend of a friend of mine has actually made some crazy accusations about the Treo, and though he works at Sprint, I haven't posted them here because I knew they were wrong. Unfortunately that doesn't stop some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I don't like these "friend who knows something" posts, but I can see why they are so common: a lot of people work at Sprint/Palm. A friend of a friend of mine has actually made some crazy accusations about the Treo, and though he works at Sprint, I haven't posted them here because I knew they were wrong. Unfortunately that doesn't stop some people.
    Suggested new posting test:

If the source is not within five degrees of Ed Colligan, they are barred.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast