Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There might not be as many conflicts with the 650 settings being brought forward to the 700P as there was from the 600 to the 650, but just in case:

(Just change the numbers in the linked scenario below, 600==>650, 650==>700P)

(An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.)

http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...ad.php?t=99450

Oh Ya -- the flashing golden bell thingie -- it is an alert to inform you of a new message or e-mail. Tap it.

There, we got all that out of the way.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/09/2006 at 08:45 AM.
    Hehehe

The damn thing hasn't even been officially announced yet, and already you're preparing for it...

OK OK...you're right. I've been preparing for it too! Squat thrusts and lots of canola oil! No, actually, I've been preparing for it the entire time I've had my 650

And I think I'm ready for the transition
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Oh Ya -- the flashing golden bell thingie -- it is an alert to inform you of a new message or e-mail. Tap it.
    You know what I hate about the flashing asterik(and what I'm sure to hate about the bell)? I hate that I can't select it with the 5-way, without pulling the stylus out, or without touching the screen. That's really annoying.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  4.    #4  
    Maybe they fixed that . . . .
    Hold down the center button on the 5-way and you get pop up with all your alerts when the asterik is flashing.
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    Maybe they fixed that . . . .
    I hope so. I'm on the go a lot when I use my Treo, and that asterik can be a big pain in the arse sometimes. If I'm walking around for instance, stylus use isn't accurate, so instead I'll try and hit the asterik with my finger, but the only problem is that since it's in the corner it's kinda hard to get at it so I'll instead use my thumb, and then I'll accidentally tap the screen when the asterik isn't there(because it's flashing), or I'll not apply enough pressure, and I'll instead open up a menu. Argh. My biggest Treo beef right now is the flashing asterik. And I already hate the golden bell thingie
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlissner
    Hold down the center button on the 5-way and you get pop up with all your alerts when the asterik is flashing.
    You may have just become my personal hero...

I love this site
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    You know what I hate about the flashing asterik(and what I'm sure to hate about the bell)? I hate that I can't select it with the 5-way, without pulling the stylus out, or without touching the screen. That's really annoying.
    I don't get it. All you have to do is hold down the center button.

Doh! Never park yourself on the reply screen, someone is bound to beat you to the answer.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I didn't know that! Sorry for my n00bness. I hope you can forgive me and spare me the wet noodle lashings

(You have to admit though, at least I didn't go starting a new thread about it or anything)
  10.    #10  

Doh! Never park yourself on the reply screen, someone is bound to beat you to the answer.

We do now!!

Love this site.

(Talk about several posts in a row crossing in the void.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I didn't know that! Sorry for my n00bness. I hope you can forgive me and spare me the wet noodle lashings

(You have to admit though, at least I didn't go starting a new thread about it or anything)
    It must be all the milk you drink.

Perry, does the 700p have anything to fix that?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Oh, BTW

(An ounce of pervention is worth a pound of cure.)
    What is pervention anyways? Sounds like behavior I've been known to partake in.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  14.    #14  
    Oh, BTW

What is pervention anyways? Sounds like behavior I've been known to partake in.

Probably is. . . . .except the dictionary decided to leave it out . . . probably for censorship reasons.

You have heard of MACE. . . . . . . . . . PERVENTION is a new pepper spray for ridding yourself of perverts.

(If I could invent a spell check program for a pen, I would be a very rich man.)
    Ok, so I stay away for a few weeks (Ok, ok months. What do you want? There wasn't anything new being talked about. I got bored.) and Perry's got a "how to" thread up? Somebody needs to point me to a thread that gives relatively reliable info regarding the immenent "launch" of this device, because I've skimmed, and all I see is a few vague ones, and the bull**** one Slinky started (Didn't we ban him?).

So perry, Munk? Whaqt gives? Where do I start my "primer" course? What's the 411? Somebody clue me in!!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  16.    #16  
    Hey Doom!

Good to have you back.

The Vegas spread on the arrival of the 700P is from 3/15 to 6/28.
    An actual beta was in hand for 2 days before Palm came and got it from Merlyn.

Go to www.treonauts.com
    scroll down the right side to Archives
    Click on February 2006
    Scroll down 5/6ths of the way to the bottom to the Article:
    Treo 700P -- First Pics

Some pictures and a good summary of what is rumored of the four 2006 Treos.
    Andrew has March/April for the 700P -- who knows.

SILLY SEASON has been loooooonnnnnggggg.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/09/2006 at 10:18 AM.
    Hey Doom!

Good to have you back.

The Vegas spread on the arrival of the 700P is from 3/15 to 6/28.
    An actual beta was in hand for 2 days before Palm came and got it from Merlyn.

Go to www.treonauts.com
    scroll down the right side to Archives
    Click on February 2006
    Scroll down 5/6ths of the way to the bottom to the Article:
    Treo 700P -- First Pics

Some pictures and a good summary of what is rumored of the four 2006 Treos.
    Andrew has March/April for the 700P -- who knows.

SILLY SEASON has been loooooonnnnnggggg.

Cheers, Perry
    I haven't been gone THAT long! I call foul! None of that is new! And NONE of it points to an actual date or anything. I thought we had something "new". RIP OFF!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    March 23 is the earnings report, I'm going out on a limb and saying something will be mentioned as far as 700P, as it is a open to public conference call in.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Has anyone else noticed that ShannonElements posts in twos
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Shannon, seems to post a lot of messages in two post. Guess that is one way to boost post count.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast