Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    By the way Doom, I live on a Marine Core base(KMBH), and I really wish you jerks would shut the hell up with your cadences as you run past where I live at 5:30 in the morning
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hey Vike! If that is in my instructions. . . . we need to remove it ASAP. That would wipe out the PIM desktop databases. My instructions assume that all hotsync conduits are set to "synchronize."

Can you point me to where I have said that? Or is it I need to make it clear where the conduits should be set before the process is started?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...ad.php?t=99450

Hey Perry,

I would just "add" that the conduits have to be set to "sync" and more important it must be set to "Desktop overides Handheld" on the first initial hot sync with the NEW device. After that first hot sync you MAY want to set it back to "Handheld overwrites Desktop" What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...ad.php?t=99450

Hey Perry,

I would just "add" that the conduits have to be set to "sync" and more important it must be set to "Desktop overides Handheld" on the first initial hot sync with the NEW device. After that first hot sync you MAY want to set it back to "Handheld overwrites Desktop" What do you think?
    I think it reverts to 'handheld overwrites desktop' by default.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I think it reverts to 'handheld overwrites desktop' by default.

If you had it set that way on the first sync with your new device would the contacts still transfer/sync to handheld?
  5.    #65  
    I PM'd Bill Gamble earlier about editing the post -- he is going to run some tests to make sure we edit the instructions to the correct steps. . . .

I will let you know what happens.

Thanks, again, Vike!
    If you had it set that way on the first sync with your new device would the contacts still transfer/sync to handheld?
    I don't see why not!
    OK Perry, I could be wrong as I never went from the 600 to 650, but it may be worth getting correct for all to have a happy first day with there 700P.
  8.    #68  
    OK Perry, I could be wrong as I never went from the 600 to 650, but it may be worth getting correct for all to have a happy first day with there 700P.
    Standing Ovation for Vikingjunior!!

Good catch, there Vike. The post has been edited by our own, thanks for the testing, Mr. Bill (Gamble) to include this instruction:

Before you proceed, right click the Hotsync Manager icon in the program tray, choose Custom and check the action of your PIM conduits (Calendar, Tasks, Memos, Contacts); if any are set to "Handheld overwrites desktop", change them to either Synchronize or DT overwrites HH - otherwise, you could wind up deleting all the PIM data on the desktop.

Cheers, Perry
  9.    #69  
    EXCELLENT !!

Looking forward to seeing you back DrDoom!!

Munk has now added being a "medium" to his skill set. I continue to be amazed.

Okay, while you still have that Crystal Ball up and running . . . . . . . when is the 700P for sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Cardio, if it weren't for you signature, I'd call you a big dork(being that I'm in the military and all)
    Hey now 23 years should afford me a little respect.

And I see your posting in triplicate now. Military through and through
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Perry, (and all else here),

Through my Munkee Mind Tricks, I have been able to channel the Good Dr.

That is all.
    Munk, you amaze and scare us all with your talents.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Standing Ovation for Vikingjunior!!

Good catch, there Vike. The post has been edited by our own, thanks for the testing, Mr. Bill (Gamble) to include this instruction:

Before you proceed, right click the Hotsync Manager icon in the program tray, choose Custom and check the action of your PIM conduits (Calendar, Tasks, Memos, Contacts); if any are set to "Handheld overwrites desktop", change them to either Synchronize or DT overwrites HH - otherwise, you could wind up deleting all the PIM data on the desktop.

Cheers, Perry
    Glad I could help............
    That's one of the reasons I prefer the method in message 3:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108492

No way to overwrite anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Hey now 23 years should afford me a little respect.

And I see your posting in triplicate now. Military through and through
    Well, you get my respect regardless
    And...

I'm BAAA-AAACK!

What'd I miss?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    And...

I'm BAAA-AAACK!

What'd I miss?
    Me, of course!

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!

Oh yeah, welcome back.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    And...

I'm BAAA-AAACK!

What'd I miss?

Here at General Hospital or As the Treo Turns, we have only moved forward, say, three rumors and one 700i GSM unit to come out on Sprint.

Good to have you back!!

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/16/2006 at 06:51 AM.
    Shannon - I really liked your previous avatar....
    Bob
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234