1.    #1  
    Does anyone have an idea of who will be first to offer the 700P, Sprint or Verizon?
    Sprint.

At least we have seen a Sprint 700P beta. Verizon is busy with the W for now.

One man's guess.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Should be Sprint.
    Consensus seems to suggest Sprint...but until it's officially announced no one knows for sure.
  5.    #5  
    Being a Verizon customer that is not good news for me. After following all the guess-ta-mating it should be fun (or maybe I should say painful) to see how this whole 700P thing plays out. Thanks for the input.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I heard from my neighbor's dog's therapist that it would be an exclusive to the new AT&T sometime next year maybe.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    I couldn't see Verizon having both the W and the P before Sprint gets at least one of them.
    Even if it hasn't been officially announced we all know that Sprint is getting the 700P first.
    God, I hope it's Sprint!!!
    It will definitely be Sprint before Verizon.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by originalminds
    God, I hope it's Sprint!!!
    It is Sprint, they are due in store by May 15th (reliable source sprint manager). Original date was May 1st, however a severe cardboard shortage has forced a 2 week delay in shipping to regional distribution centers for deployment to stores (made up while I typed).
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  12.    #12  
    Do you think Verizons offering of the 700P will be a long time (6 months or longer) after the Sprint release. I have got to believe/hope it is not that long.
    Dunno. Sprint might have the same 6 month exclusive on the 700P that Verizon got with the 700W.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I think its going to be like the 650 was for Sprint, if you remember they had it for something like 6 months then it trickled down to other carriers like Cingular,VZW, and of course the little carriers like Altell and such. I think unfortunatly us VZW customers will have to wait a while for it. Even if it does come out for Sprint first at least we would know that its going to come to us eventually, or so we can hope, right?
    Went into a Palm store over the weekend asking general questions about 700P and the guy said it would be a couple of weeks and it would be for Sprint. When I pushed him more about that he said he didn't know for sure if it would be two weeks but that it would be very quick. I asked about Verizon (since I am with them) and he did go far as to say the 700P wouldn't come out with Verizon until later this year-definately Sprint first.
    Quote Originally Posted by rkirkr
    a couple of weeks and it would be for Sprint. When I pushed him more about that he said he didn't know for sure if it would be two weeks but that it would be very quick.
    2 Weeks =)

I'm liking that idea.
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
    There you have it -- Anywhere between March 15th and June 15th -- all from Sprint or Palm store sources.

Gotta Love Silly Season !!
  18.    #18  
    And Silly Season it has been!