1.    #1  
    "Forty-five percent of consumers who use a cell phone and other mobile devices say too many product choices prevent them from making a purchase decision, a survey of 1,001 U.S. adults released by RBC Capital Markets found.

Fifty-six percent said rapidly changing technology deters them from buying new handheld technologies."

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/b..._phone_choices

Thought Process of typical TC Reader

1. Does it say Treo on it ?
    2. Is the numb rnext to the word Treo bigger than the one in my pocket.
    3. I'll take it.

I don't fit the mold as I'm likely only to get every other one.
    I agree somewhat. What irks me is that the newer models sometimes dont have significant enough improvement to make me buy them. Why come out with a so so replacement model? How about they go on the forums and read about common problems and fix them.

Too many companies dont listen to their bread and butter, the educated consumer. Sometimes the problem is significant enough to drive you to another company's product.

This is especially important when you can release firmware that can fix certain problems. Keep your release date obligations, but continually improve the operational performance through firmware updates.

But, I guess that makes too much sense, huh.

The typical TC reader is not going to shy away from new technologies nor be too confused to want to make a purchase.
    I agree. With all the fixes we've had for the 650. I find myself thinking that it will need to be a BIG difference in features to make me step up to anything else!
    The reason civilians have a problem with'too many choices' fouling up their ability to make a decision is simple.

They think phone choices are 'or' choices. TC readers think of phone choices as an 'and' question. Thank you, I will take the Treo and the MDA.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Apanther
    I agree somewhat. What irks me is that the newer models sometimes dont have significant enough improvement to make me buy them. Why come out with a so so replacement model?
    Cause everyone is complaining on TreoCentral that some other manufacturer has this feature and WTF is wrong with Palm for not keeping up ?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedeas
    I agree. With all the fixes we've had for the 650.
    As oppossed to say Windows ? If we can get used to "Patch Tuesday" with our desktops, I can't complain about 3 patches in 14 months, 2 of which had no real impact on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    "Forty-five percent of consumers who use a cell phone and other mobile devices say too many product choices prevent them from making a purchase decision, a survey of 1,001 U.S. adults released by RBC Capital Markets found.

Fifty-six percent said rapidly changing technology deters them from buying new handheld technologies."
    To the number baffled by the phone, add the number baffled by the carrier (CDMA? GSM? EV-D'oh!), and the further number baffled by the calling plan. Unlimited calls during periods when no decent human being would phone another, unlimited data except for messaging, pictures, or anything else that might require bandwidth for which the carrier can pluck a few more pennies), and a two-year commitment with draconian penalties. All delivered by a fast-talking somewhat shifty-eyed salesman who was pitching aluminum siding only last week.

What my mother needs is a phone that has a twelve button keypad, and a pay-as-you-go plan with a national carrier. That's it. Until she can get something she can understand, she'll do without.

-- Bill