Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Since I have been on disability for my back my Treo 650 has become so much more for me. I always used my Treo for email and web on occassion, and I read all the time on it. I have had a Treo since the 180, and also the 600, but have never used it till its full potential.

Things have changed though, with a back problem I am not as mobile as I would like to be, so my Treo has become very important to me. I have a notebook but sometimes depending on where I am in the house, I would have to get up and get my notbook or move to a chair or what have you, my Treo on the other hand is always there and easy to use. I do all me email on my Treo now, I have TC set to email me whenever someone posts to a thread that I subscribed to. I do almost all my web access on the Treo, between Xiino, Webpro, Blazer and Opera Mini there isn't any where I can't go. Of course as I said, I read all the time on my Treo. Its nice to just be able to grab it and read. No matter what position I am in I can use my Treo. The most important feature and the one that has been draining my battery is text! I love the keyboard for text and it is easier to keep in touch with people through text, I went from 2000 text a month to 5000 text a month.

So my Treo has become more essential to me than I could have ever thought. I am actually typing this from my Treo . If there was one thing that I would say right now is my Treo is what's keeping me from going insane while not working. I guess I made this post just to see if anyone else feels like this about there Treo and to see what things people consider most important about there Treo. I look forward to reading everyone's post about there Treo!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    I had one at a company that I worked at and it had it's up's and downs later fixed by a update to versamail. I no longer work for that company and have been unemployed for almost 3 months now and decided to get a Treo because when I was out at Job interviews, I was missing getting important e-mails by people requesting my resume and so on. Now I'm never without my e-mail and while I'm waiting for the interview, I can brush up on the company again and go over anything that I need to remember for the interview.

It costs me more money then a regular phone but I figure that if having access anytime/anywhere then it was worth it. When I get back to work then I plan on buying one for my wife also so she can keep track of appointments and other important information since she's a nurse.
    I have had a PalmOS PDA for almost 10 years. The Treo 650 is the best re-incarnation yet. It is with me 24/7. I would be lost without it. News, weather, sports, checkbook, calculator, dictionary, email, iPod, camera, contacts, appointments, tasks, notepad, Web, phone, encyclopedia, work main frame connection, clock, stopwatch, timer, reference tool, maps, directions, 411, . . . . . . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/06/2006 at 03:28 PM.
    I really love my treo or any smartphone that I own. I feel lost without having something that can do so much in such a small package. Although sometimes I will swtich to a non smartphone on the weekends, I sometimes cannot wait to gett back into one of my smartphones. I have used palm for many years however, i did just replace my treo with a htc wizard. Although I will probably use both hand in hand the treo gets high marks for, one handed use, battery, reception, and text chat log. I cannot wait for the newest GSM version (although I am hoping that the next version is wm5 for GSM)
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    A smatphone has become very importmant to my life and my work, as my palm and phone together were before the convergence of the two. My PDA and phone, all in one or separately enable me to balance work and play effectively, keep my calendars organized and take advantage of my time whenever and wherever I have it. I can review a powerpoint for work, watch a recoreded movie for fun, check my calendar for available time, email, look up anything, and call my wife all from one device.

How important is that? Simple... it helps me to organize and use my time effectively. This means more of that time can be used for pleasure and work can be integrated without being obtrusive. This is worth every penny I pay for it. Because I can review my powerpoint or email in the car on the way, I can accompany my wife to the kids swim class. More time with my family is the most important thing. The treo helps do that.
    Hmmmmmmmm lesse,

I take my Treo everywhere with me and it is basically my life. The only reason I carry a wallet anymore is for my credit cards.

I keep my checkbook in the Treo (no need for reciepts in the wallet anymore) I keep pictures in my Treo (no need for a wallet pic of my kid or girlfriend)

I keep track of my workouts in the gym WHILE I workout, (no need for a notebook anymore)

I listen to MP3s while I workout

Its my appointment reminder, my contact keeper,

I could probably make the biggest post of all time in regards to how important this thing is to me. But Im assuming you guys get the idea.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I have had a PalmOS PDA for almost 10 years. The Treo 650 is the best re-incarnation yet. It is with me 24/7. I would be lost without it. News, weather, sports, checkbook, calculator, dictionary, email, iPod, camera, contacts, appointments, tasks, notepad, Web, phone, encyclopedia, work main frame connection, clock, stopwatch, timer, reference tool, maps, directions, 411, . . . . . . . . .

Perry, maybe you should try leaving your Treo home once and look up at the world around you!
    On the other hand mine is with me pretty much 24/7......my excuse is that I have 2 young kids
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    Perry, maybe you should try leaving your Treo home once and look up at the world around you! SNIP

But it's Pink, Padded and now octagon shaped.
    Mine is indispensable-always with mine. Once I started using a pda in 1996 (PalmPilot) it changed my life. It was great to get rid of my Franklin Planner.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Toilet-time wouldn't be the same without the Treo and TCPMP/Opera.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Mine is indispensable-always with mine. Once I started using a pda in 1996 (PalmPilot) it changed my life. It was great to get rid of my Franklin Planner.

What he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    Perry, maybe you should try leaving your Treo home once and look up at the world around you!
    On the other hand mine is with me pretty much 24/7......my excuse is that I have 2 young kids
    I'm sorry, I thought that was directed a me...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Franklin Planner!!! I remember those days. Do any of you remember going to time management seminars with the huge and expensive time mgmt organizer? For corporations, that thing was about 350.00. You can get a treo now for 200.00. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apanther
    Franklin Planner!!! I remember those days. Do any of you remember going to time management seminars with the huge and expensive time mgmt organizer? For corporations, that thing was about 350.00. You can get a treo now for 200.00. Wow.
    I've attended one to many organizational (including Franklin and FranklinCovey), motivational, team building, on and on, seminars in my life.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I love my Treo. I've known that for a while now, but was confirmed of this when I accidentally left it in a cab not too long ago, and then proceeded to panic like I had forgotten about my kid or something. Thankfully, I got it back.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Mine is always with me like a bad habit.
    Before work I use it at the gym to record my workouts as I go and to listen to .mp3's. I have a video I'm watching this week of Stevie Ray Vaughan live in Austin in 1983 and 1989 (i think). That's motiviation to keep improving myself!
    At work it keeps me on time to meetings, and since I'm on time I usually get to be the one to call the late guys since I have all of my corporate contact info stored.
    I use it to hold books, pictures, directions to friend's houses, shopping info (HandyShopper - what a great app!), games and more.
    My favorite use is when I go birding. I have recordings of bird songs and calls, life list, lists of birds I'm expecting to see in the area I'm birding that day, maps of the areas, pictures of hard to ID birds and bookmarked links in Blazer for extra ID help.
    What a great device.
    Honestly I am getting tired of mine. I love getting my emails on demand (thanks Chatter) and all the other stuff it will do but I am just getting tired of it as a phone. Seems I strain to hear some calls and any more itjust feels like a brick. I have had it since 11/04 and a treo 600 for a year befoire that so maybe I am just in need of a change.
    Still a great phone though.
    I do like my Treo and it is very important to me, but the more I use it the more functionality I need out of it, in particular I need WiFi and the Enfora Sled nor anything with any incarnation of Windows on it (like the 700w) is not the way I want to go. So I'm hoping Palm gets WiFi in the next PalmOS-based Treo soon, even if via SDIO, so I'm not forced to go elsewhere...
    ---
    Handspring Visor Pro + Samsung 8500 (Sprint PCS) -> Handspring Treo 600 (Sprint PCS) -> Palm Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Sony-Ericsson P990 if S-E releases a North-America version
    If mine was lost or stolen, I'd have no choice but to go out that same day and buy a new one. (Would I go Sprint again, or Verizon? 650 or 700p if available? Hmmm.)
    I love my treo more than life itself.

OK, second to life, since if I were dead, I couldn't use it.

There are still some things that my ancient Psion does better than a Palm, but my Treo650 is the best PalmOS device I've yet used.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast