1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I just got my first treo ever (pretty awesome new experience might I add), but I've never even touched any part of the Palm OS world. I have a Treo 650, was wondering where you guys would go from here...

This thread screams n00b, and I'm not exactly looking for a specific answer (otherwise I would have used the search feature). I'm moreso looking for what people's opinions are on what the essential things are to have for your treo, and also what are some things that you should do to get started; applications I should definately install, etc.

Thanks for any advice!
    Might want to look at the sticky at the top of this page. Lots of good, basic threads there.
    Google Local is a Great Web Bookmark. Put in What and Where
    Ex: Pizza and your City, State. It is quick and no pop ups.

Second is Dir Assist by Rick Whitt. Free 411 and great for driving distances and times. Look up all your Neighbors with Revere feature. Do a search to find his doenload page.
    FastFrank
    1. RTFM and Intrall Palm Dessktop
    2. Install the ROM ugrades if not already done.
    3. Install Northglide's Uninstall Manager as very first program. If ya didn't, suggest Hard Reset and start over.
    4. Install Software on Palm CD including VoiceDial 14 day trial.
    5. Use for a week.
    6. Get a backup program and an SD Card (if you don't get a 2 Gigger now, you will later).
    7. Start looking at accessories....cradle, car mount, BT Headset, case or e-grips

Come back in a week and we'll go from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    1. RTFM and Intrall Palm Dessktop
    2. Install the ROM ugrades if not already done.
    3. Install Northglide's Uninstall Manager as very first program. If ya didn't, suggest Hard Reset and start over.
    4. Install Software on Palm CD including VoiceDial 14 day trial.
    5. Use for a week.
    6. Get a backup program and an SD Card (if you don't get a 2 Gigger now, you will later).
    7. Start looking at accessories....cradle, car mount, BT Headset, case or e-grips

Come back in a week and we'll go from there.
    My god, no wonder this OS is obsolete.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I think I would recommed you ask yourself what you want out of your Treo. This is what I did, I said why do I want this device. I wanted portable web acess, I wanted instant email and I wanted to be able to chat with friends and family while out and about. I am not home enough to use either my notebook or my desktop so thats why I wanted a treo. I also wanted to be able to take my collection of books anywhere I go. You never know when you are going to be out some place reading your book while waiting at the Dr office or your car to be worked on and need something to read, and its just terrible to finish a book and have nothing to read. So with that said I bought Chatter, for my instant email, I bought Xiino for web browsing, I also use Webpro,Blazer and Opera Mini. All depends on what I do. I bought Verichat to chat on AIM, Yahoo,ICQ,and MSN, so I am never out of contact no matter who I talk to, I also use text messaging. The Treo comes with eBook reader so that was good there. Thats just what I did, but after I asked myself what I wanted to do I knew where to start, coming to TC was the best place to begin, but then after you ask yourself what you want, then you will be able to download or purchase what you need. Good Luck and Have fun with that Treo !
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    My god, no wonder this OS is obsolete.
    Cause it works ? or that you don't need a registry editor ?

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=108865
    Dont feel bad, if that's true, it wont be the first or the last superior technology that gets gobbled up and sent the way of the dinasour by microsoft.

"Negotiation is irrelevant, resistance is futile.", The Borg Collective
    You mean like Intel who has just 18% of CPU sales in 2006 ????
    Get profile and keycaps! They are free.
    Intel getting its **** kicked in 2006....AMD CPU's outsold Intel 4:1 in first 2 months of 2006. The giants do fall once and a while.