1.    #1  
    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/ZDM/story?id=1684572

"Of course, the Oscars' ceremony isn't the only show in town this season. There's also the Independent Spirit Awards, where like-minded high-minded celebs go to celebrate the year's best in indie film-making. We hear the gift "lounge" at the show will feature a Palm Treo 650 that will be studded with Swarovski crystals (which sounds more painful than it is to use). And at the 48th Annual Grammy Awards this year, presenters and nominees found a little something snap-happy in their gift baskets from Casio. It was the uber-slim Casio Exilim EX-S600 digital camera, which the company had just unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Association's 2006 show in Las Vegas in January."
    arent presenters in this years oscars getting a treo?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    The ehadline I read said all were getting but then in teh story it wasn't even Oscar but the Spiri awards......this year's swag bag was only worth $110,000 ....geez, not even worth dry cleaning the tux anymore so I didn't go.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    this year's swag bag was only worth $110,000 ....geez, not even worth dry cleaning the tux anymore so I didn't go.

And now Uncle Sam wants his cut of said goodie bag

"Winners of Sunday night's Oscars goodie-bags, typically valued at over $100,000, had better not try any stunts or costumes to avoid paying income tax on them, warns the IRS. The gifts, often valued at over $100,000 are taxable income and must be reported, warns IRS Commissioner Mark W. Everson."
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    And now Uncle Sam wants his cut of said goodie bag

"Winners of Sunday night's Oscars goodie-bags, typically valued at over $100,000, had better not try any stunts or costumes to avoid paying income tax on them, warns the IRS. The gifts, often valued at over $100,000 are taxable income and must be reported, warns IRS Commissioner Mark W. Everson."

What a bully
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?