Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Uh-oh, if you're gonna start taking bets, TC better move its offices to the Caymans.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    So your in then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    So your in then?
    I'm an upstanding roll model, and pillar of the TC community. And as such, do not indulge in this debauchery.

(Besides, I haven't made up my mind if I want a 700p or not.)

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I change my mind daily but I know enough to know better..........there's something wrong with me,,,,,,,, the buttons,,,,,,the bright colorful screen,,,, the smell of new,,,,,,,,

Im gunna see if Perry and the Viking have room for one more in the padded room.
  5.    #85  
    I can understand now why POS on the 700 platform would be better than the 650 in a lot of respects. If you are a CDMA user, EvDo is the best thing going, and anything to get more ram would be worth it even for a small backstep in screen res.

However, for me, instant push mail on WM5 with my corporate Exchange server is all I need to know. Its seemless, already works, and I don't have to wait for a theoretical BB Connect option that has been discussed and wished for for nearly 2 years with nothing to show for it. I know RIM just settled its lawsuit, and so now its more likely on the horizon then ever before, but its still not here NOW. I need a solution today, and since I'm on and staying on a GSM network, there isn't a Palm product that fits my needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    I change my mind daily but I know enough to know better..........there's something wrong with me,,,,,,,, the buttons,,,,,,the bright colorful screen,,,, the smell of new,,,,,,,,

Im gunna see if Perry and the Viking have room for one more in the padded room.

They are moving us down the hall to the octagon PPR. . . . . . . . . . running out of corners in this one. . . . . . and "The Voice" will not share the empty space it occupys in the right hand corner. . . . . . . . pink, apparently, does not soothe it. . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by awinsberg
    I've been reading on this site for about a week after falling away from it during the great server meltdown, because I am forced into getting a new phone....and I can't tell what about the 700 series is better than the 650 other than more on-board RAM. I know I am missing something(s), what is it (or are they)?
    YOU ARE SOO0 CORRECT THE 700W IS NOT EVEN A FIX FOR THE 650 SERIES. BUT THATS HOW IT IS SOLD AND MOST NUBIES WILL FLOCK TO IT LIKE THE SHEEP THEY ARE.
    I HAVE POSTED REAL WORLD USAGE OF THE 700 SERIES AND AFTER TWO MONTHS THE 700 SERIES IS JUST HYPE AND UNRELIABLE AT BEST. I HAVE UNLIMITED HIGH EV SPEED WITH VERIZON AND IT CHECKS EMAIL AND ONLY SENDS OR GET EMAIL ABOUT 40 PERCENT OF THE TIME. TRY TO USE IT AS A FULL TIME BUISNESS TOOL AND YOU WILL GO DOWN IN FLAMES.
    I WILL BE WIATING FOR NEXT ROUND OF TECH LIES...
    SINCERELY AND ANGREE- MICHAEL
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    EVDO = DSL like data speeds. Once you seen it, it's really hard to go back.
    TRY DEPENDING ON IT FULL TIME AND YOU WILL GO DOWN IN FLAMES. FOR TWO MONTHS AND 3 REPLACEMENTS THE 700 IS NOTHING BUT HYPE. AS A CASUAL LOW RELIABLE DEVICE ITS JUST OK. JUST DONT DEPEND ON IT FULL TIME BUISNESS USE.
    LIGHT USERS BEING USED TO HALF BAKED TECH PRODUCTS WILL NOT BE BOTHERED BY THE UNRELIABILITY OF THE SO CALLED BETTER 700 SERIES. JUST USE IT FULL TIME HIGH SPEED AND TELL WHY YOU LOVE IT THEN.
    It is disheartening to hear that email on the 700w is not good. I could never go to the 700w, because I use Lotus Notes and Domino. The 700w only supports Exchange. I use Xpress Mail on the 650 and have found it to be a very reliable push solution. I tried all the others like versamail and third party aps and even one made specifically for Domino. Express mail has been very reliable compared to the others. I hope Cingular includes this app (Xpress Mail) with the 700p (or whatever it will be).
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm an upstanding roll model, and pillar of the TC community. And as such, do not indulge in this debauchery.

(Besides, I haven't made up my mind if I want a 700p or not.)
    IF YOU DID GET THE 700 SERIES LET ME KNOW IF IT HAS ALL THE REAL WORLD PROBLEMS WE HAVE FOUND. JUST DONT USE IT FULL TIME AT HIGH SPEED AND YOU MAY NOT EVEN NOTICE THAT ITS NO BETTER THAN THE 650 SERIES. THE HYPE IS TRASH AND THOSE POOR COMPANIES MICROSOFT, PALM, AND VERIZON STILL CAN NOT MAKE A RELIABLE BUISNESS DEVICE.
    STAY CLEAR FOR YOUR OWN BUISNESS SANITY
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcbob
    It is disheartening to hear that email on the 700w is not good. I could never go to the 700w, because I use Lotus Notes and Domino. The 700w only supports Exchange. I use Xpress Mail on the 650 and have found it to be a very reliable push solution. I tried all the others like versamail and third party aps and even one made specifically for Domino. Express mail has been very reliable compared to the others. I hope Cingular includes this app (Xpress Mail) with the 700p (or whatever it will be).
    YOU SHOULD BE ANGREE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE UNRELIABLITY OF THE NEWER BETTER 700 SERIES. BUT BY THE TIME WE FIGURE IT OUT WE CANT RETURN THESE TOYS.
    I AND MOST OTHERS NEED RELIABLITY BUISNESS TOOLS AT HIGH SPEED NOT PROPED UP TOYS THAT ONLY WORK 50 PERCENT OF THE TIME IF YOUR LUCKY. I AM ON MY THIRD 700 SERIES DEVICE WITH VERIZON AND ALL THE PROBLEMS ARE STILL THERE. THEY MAYYYY COME OUT WITH A VERY MINOR FIX FOR SOME PROBLEMS IF ENOUGH PEOPLE COMPAIN OR NOT.
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND THE REST OF US. THE LIES JUST KEEP ON BEING SOLD. ITS SUCH A COMPLETE SHAME.
    SINCERELY AND BURNED AGAIN,
    MICHAEL
    Could you speak a little louder please?

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Could you speak a little louder please?
    Nice one

I assume we will get yet another variation on the "universal" Palm connector.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Nice one

I assume we will get yet another variation on the "universal" Palm connector.

Not this time around.

700W is the same.
    I am not POS basher nor WM5 apologist, but what about all the random crashed on POS5? I've only got the 600, but my phone goes into various loops all the time, and for no particular reason. I'd have thought that the 650 would have fixed this, but it seems like the reading I do around here reflects the same old problems of soft and hard resets for weird and unexplainable reasons. On my 600, its seems resets occur mostly related to to many interrelated programs trying to access scant memory at the same time and taking down the whole OS in the fight.....
    My half ton pick up truck is like that....if I load it up w/ 1,800 pounds of stuff in the back and then pull 4,000 pounds in a trailer, it tends to grunt and groan.

The device is not designed to run "many interrelated programs trying to access memory at the same time" as it's not a multitasking OS. he Palm is a minimalists device.....a device intended to get tasks done quickly without much fluff. Trying to turn it into a windows desktop .... well that's something even windows can't handle.

Want to take a call while using your GPS, no problem.....but add ringtone managers, pull mail every two minutes, listen to MP3's, all while asking it to do, 9 things in the ackground is asking for trouble.
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    My half ton pick up truck is like that....if I load it up w/ 1,800 pounds of stuff in the back and then pull 4,000 pounds in a trailer, it tends to grunt and groan.

The device is not designed to run "many interrelated programs trying to access memory at the same time" as it's not a multitasking OS. he Palm is a minimalists device.....a device intended to get tasks done quickly without much fluff. Trying to turn it into a windows desktop .... well that's something even windows can't handle.

Want to take a call while using your GPS, no problem.....but add ringtone managers, pull mail every two minutes, listen to MP3's, all while asking it to do, 9 things in the ackground is asking for trouble.
    Sure, I agree with you on that. However, if you are doing something simple like playing Klondike or just looking at emails that were pulled down or reviewing something in documents to go, with nothing else on or running in the background, and call comes in and resets the whole phone, that is not stablility in my book. This very thing happens to me all the time, and its frustrating as all get out.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    However, for me, instant push mail on WM5 with my corporate Exchange server is all I need to know. Its seemless, already works, and I don't have to wait for a theoretical BB Connect option that has been discussed and wished for for nearly 2 years with nothing to show for it.
    The 650 includes ActiveSync right? Assuming that's true then I would imagine the 700p would include it as well...? The main thing drawing me to a WM5 device is the ability to wirelessly sync to my work's Exchange server for calendar, contacts, email, etc. But if I can still do all that on the 700p then I've got some tough decision to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Ah, another level headed fair and balanced TC comparison.
    I would say it's a fair comparison. I mean he did get to use BOTH units right?
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    The 650 includes ActiveSync right? Assuming that's true then I would imagine the 700p would include it as well...? The main thing drawing me to a WM5 device is the ability to wirelessly sync to my work's Exchange server for calendar, contacts, email, etc. But if I can still do all that on the 700p then I've got some tough decision to make.
    I could be wrong, but I thought this was a WM5 exclusive deal.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Thanks! Now I need to find a referring employee.....
    Luckily john . smith @ sprint . com (spaces added to keep poor mr. smith from getting spam) works, at least for me. If not try some other combination of common names and I am sure you can find on that works at sprint.

Or try a google search for @sprint.com for some other good choices.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast