Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Did they tell you when you could have it back? Hint, Hint. . . .
    I wish
    Somehow, I knew that would be the answer. . . . .
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awinsberg
    I've been reading on this site for about a week after falling away from it during the great server meltdown, because I am forced into getting a new phone....and I can't tell what about the 700 series is better than the 650 other than more on-board RAM. I know I am missing something(s), what is it (or are they)?
    In addition to other rumored features, I'm looking forward to BlackBerry Connect.
    My 2˘, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 » Treo 600 » Treo 700P » *** Unmentionable *** » Pre {rooted}
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    TC is too big a distraction sometimes.

You can say that again...............I'm a man of my word so that dinner I promised, the offer still stands.
    I have used WM5 on an 8125 and have seen the light. There is no way I am buying another Palm OS device and go through the "setting" I have had to do with my Treo 650. don't get me wring I love my 650 and have been a loyal Palm person since my first Vx. However, I feel WM5 is is much more stable and better running OS and works PERFECTLY with our exchane server. The form factor of the 8125 is the ONLY reason I am not selling my 650. As soon as the GSM WM5 version of the Treo is available I will be buying it.
    Oh I know, but you won't learn anything if you don't find out for yourself

I'd be a good parent
    Owww,,,, thank you of telling me of search....

I am not fooll........ I now of 3g now http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3G

JK, most know since March of last year I've spent about 2000 post just answering members, helping out, giving info,,,, n about 500 fling'in poo!!!

Someone has to take the heat off Dutch, EvilGhost and Insertion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem

JK, most know since March of last year I've spent about 2000 post just answering members, helping out, giving info,,,, n about 500 fling'in poo!!!

fling'in poo is far more fun though, lets us get back to our primal monkey-man roots
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I feel WM5 is is much more stable and better running OS and works PERFECTLY with our exchane server.
    This may be the most compelling argument to me, stability issues aside. Compatibility is a HUGE factor, and I haven't found anyone who's software can get a POS phone to hook-up to my work's Exchange Server 03 via OWA, which is the only thing they will open for me.

I can tell you this, I am having a hard time with the concept of losing Directory Assistant as a ready program on my phone. I'm mourning that loss already, and I still am using my 600. I love that little app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem

BTW, how'd you manage to post about 2000 times answering members, helping out, and giving info if your post count is only 878?
    BTW, how'd you manage to post about 2000 times answering members, helping out, and giving info if your post count is only 878?
    He has switched identities...

not in a slinky way though...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    My post count is 2400 sumthin, not including the continuous PMs on the custom ROM thread (its amazing the number of members who won't ask for ROM help publicly). The embarrassing truth is I locked myself out of my ID hoping to curb my TC addiction

I PM'ed the MODs to let em know I couldn't stay away Yes, yes I'm pathetic. I missed all the Slinky biz,,,, No, no Merlin don't spoon feed me a link,,,, I'll member search his name and read what were prolly his last posts,,,,,

Is there an alias?
    Heh....I find it humorous how I spell my userid as Merlyn with a 'y' and everyone else responds with Merlin with an 'i'. Obviously none of you have read T.H. White's The Once and Future King...hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    You can say that again...............I'm a man of my word so that dinner I promised, the offer still stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Here's how it's going to play out...........Sprint...

1st Q- 700w
    2nd or 3rd Q- 800P

Which falls into Sprint's ............."More Choices"!

I prepared to put money on it.
    Remember this? We're still waiting for you to pay up on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeReaction
    Remember this? We're still waiting for you to pay up on this.

What? Nobody put there money up....they were all scared......good thing they were scared. ................. Dam Slinky!
    Well back on topic "why are we excited about the 700p".

I think the only real handicaps of the 650 are the lack of RAM and the slow data connection. So the 700p gives me almost everything I want

The lack of wifi isn't a biggie since EV isn't that much slower than wifi.

I DL the TC frontpage in approx 50 seconds on 1xRT (if that's how you say it), 20 seconds on EV and 10 seconds with wifi.

As far as the difference between WM5 and POS.

WM multitasking lets you quickly switch from 1 running app to another but the initial launching of an app is slower that POS.

The today screen is pretty awesome though, all the important info staring you right in the face.

As far as stability goes, rarely my 650 reset. and rarely my PPC freezes.

I miss Chatter, DirectoryAssistant and Kmaps, but I couldn't give up SPB Finance, PocketBreeze (calendar) and Pocket Internet Explorer (PIE).

However all my reference materials were more feature rich and easier to use on the Treo (total 5 way support).

And you just can't beat palms user friendly interface, its snappy fast operating system and the Treos quick EZ one handed form factor.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I think I have to agree with Tem, the browsing would be great with EVDO and getting some more memory on the device would be awesome, as far as that from personal experience and having thought about it more, multi-tasking would be nice to have say mail, a browser and a chat client open, but they all open slower at first than palm does, also the more apps that you try to multi-task with, the more ram you use and the slower your device will start to run. I think the biggest thing for me in multi-tasking would be, able to browse and recieve and reply to either txt or IM without having to restart the browser. On the other side of that, I can get pretty close to that using Xiino.

I think for most Treo-addicts out there, it would be nice just to have a newer update device. Some of us are so addicted that its not so much of doing something amazing, but just an updated device that is newer and a different color or something. I dunno, I just enjoy offering my $.02
    The problem with the data speed as far as the web goes is Blazer and the lack of a good browser.

I DL a page with PIE at "Xiino speed" with "Blazer looks" with 1x since there is no EV in this one horse college town. Maybe "Fast Blazer" will take care of that.

I agree with iramike, I'm siked about something new. I upgraded to the 650 from the 600 just for high res. Jumping to the 700 for more RAM makes more sense than the jump from the 600 to the 650.
    I completely agree, the speed and ram alone will be worth the upgrade. I played with a 650 today at the store and Blazer's speed left a lot to be desired.

my town gets EVDO this summer
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
    GOT EV-DO, just need the device !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Perry hows about a contest? Lets start a thread and all who enter agree to paypal the winning member 5 bucks who first posts a pick of their 700p. Sounds like fun...... but then again I am a PDA obsessed Treophile. The first post could be edited to keep a running list of all who submit their promise to pay.

Waduya think?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast