Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    One way to get an employee email address is to go to a Sprint store and ask an employee for their business card...
    I agree that 1xEvDo is huge...but really what the heck is the advantage if you can't stream anything worth while on decrepit FrankenGarnet? Furthermore there's very unlikely to be any support for 3rd party apps like VoIP clients (skype etc) for such an obsolete OS...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    One way to get an employee email address is to go to a Sprint store and ask an employee for their business card...
    Now that's a good idea! Thanks! Now the real question is can I handle Sprint's horrible customer service and support, again. I left them for T-Mo 4 years ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by awinsberg
    Now that's a good idea! Thanks! Now the real question is can I handle Sprint's horrible customer service and support, again. I left them for T-Mo 4 years ago...
    Dunno how their customer service was 4 years ago. I became a Sprint customer less than 5 months ago and so far my experiences with their CS have been very positive.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I agree that 1xEvDo is huge...but really what the heck is the advantage if you can't stream anything worth while on decrepit FrankenGarnet? Furthermore there's very unlikely to be any support for 3rd party apps like VoIP clients (skype etc) for such an obsolete OS...
    So, I take it you like WM5 as the option, then?
    I am just happy that I can get a updated phone with 1) SD slot 2) EVDO without making myself talk on a brick phone a la HTC Wizard/Apache twins.
    Anyone know what flavour of 3G the 700P will have for those of us in Europe who have the other kind of 3G?
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyMacaroni
    Anyone know what flavour of 3G the 700P will have for those of us in Europe who have the other kind of 3G?

I suspect it will be Windows Mobile -- as Palm has stated that they will release ONE PalmOS based Treo this year. If that is the speculated 700P on Sprint and then Verizon on CDMA . . . that makes the other 3 of the promised 4 -- Windows Mobile devices. (The 700W being the first of those 3.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    again, speculation aside, its very simple... 700 and newer will be 3g, its night and day
    I dont want to google it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, whats 3g?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    I dont want to google it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, whats 3g?
    google it
    Quote Originally Posted by awinsberg
    So, I take it you like WM5 as the option, then?
    I use WM5 now on my x50v and it works well. I would prefer to have PalmOS on my Treo though, but I fear that FrankenGarnet just cannot fullfill all the needs. I'm not sure which Treo (WM or palmos) I'll upgrade to once Sprint launches it models (assuming they will support both)...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyMacaroni

Perry, I believe the question was about the radio, not the OS...

For GSM, the upgarde evolution is towards EGDE and then UMTS which also referred to as HSPDA:

http://www.3gnewsroom.com/3g_news/de...ews_5314.shtml

However, I don't believe there is much widespread EDGE adoption in Europe and most carriers instead will support HSPDA directly. The CDMA carriers in the US will follow the CDMA2000 upgrade path and institute 1xEvDo (it now seems 1xEvDv has been abandoned for now)...

Having used WM5 on the 6700 I would take anything close to the current version of Palm OS. EVDO is the only thing missing from the Palm Treo to make it VASTLY superior to WM5 devices. I mean think about it...superior number of tested, proven applications...a fraction of the device/OS issues WM5 has...I regret every wasting the money I did on that 6700. I will stick with the 650 until the Treo with Palm OS and evdo capability comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by originalminds
    VASTLY superior to WM5 devices
    Ah, another level headed fair and balanced TC comparison.
    Hi Blaze!

From other posts, you seem to be very technically savy and helpful (the music streaming thread). In other posts you seem to be hostile. Is there a reason?

Was there a specific rebuttal you wish to offer on originalminds post?

(As in: "I beg to differ, the PPC6700 has these fine qualities and or abilities that differentiate it from the Treo 650 or the proposed Treo 700P . . . . . ..)

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/06/2006 at 11:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    google it
    You don't know what it is,,, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex
    EVDO is a CDMA thing right? - mvk
    EVDO = CDMA phones. EVDO has 1 Mbps average d/l speed

UTMS / HSDPA = GSM phones. HDSPA 1.8 has average 1 Mbps d/l speed. HDSPA 3.6 has 2 Mbps average d/l speeds.
    Merlyn ? How did you get out? I thought Palm put you into the room next to Perry's with a sock in your mouth. J/K. Good to hear from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by treosolomon
    Someone showed me their 700w this week and wow... the voice dialing and other voice capibilities was sweet! !
    That you can do with the 650....just they included the software capability in the WM5 Treo. With the 650, you had to use the Software CD to get the 14 day trial of Voice Signal's Voice Dial. Voice Signal's update to VD (Vsuite2 which some of us are using beta 3) methinks is going to be timed with the 700p announcement or release.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    What aboiut http://www.mobivoip.net/
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast