Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Stumbled across little stroke of genius while trying to re-download Java...

Try this out:
    1) Use Blazer to go to www.palm.com.
    2) The mobile version is loaded. Scroll down and click on the "desktop edition" link at the bottom.
    3) Repeat until insanity ensues.

You used to be able to access the full version of palm.com from Blazer, but now you can't get there from here. Palm's brilliant decision to choose the web site version for you prevents their own device using their own browser from reaching any meaningful content. I understand defaulting to mobile.palm.com, but what the $?#@! is the point of the desktop link at the bottom of the page if it doesn't override the default?? Nice design, guys!

Ready for the kicker? Xiino pulls up the full version just fine!
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    So the full version will detect the phone and send you to the mobile version? Make sense to me.

I wish treocentral.com is this smart and not send me the full version whenever I access the forums from an outdated referrer!!
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    It makes sense to you that a link labeled "desktop edition" takes you to the mobile edition? Not me. I'm fine with it defaulting to mobile, but I'm not fine with having no way to override that default.

As for TC, I'm not sure what you mean about an "outdated referrer." I love the fact that you can switch back and forth between full and mobile on any page by simply adding or removing "treo." in the beginning of the URL. That is genius!
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Helix Holster
    I recall there actually is a hack that disables the identifying feature of blazer that allows webpages to detect that it is a mobile browser and thus auto-transfer it to mobile formated versions of those web pages. It is purposefully designed this way to make mobile web browsing easier which imo makes sense, but I agree it would be nice to have a feature to "turn-off" this functionality. There is a hack or workaround I recall that disabled this on blazer though. I'll try to post a link to the thread later...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    browser detection is not an exact science,

so you mean there is a ppc version of treo central? where?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    treo.treocentral.com. Like I said before, putting a "treo" node in front of the URL gives you the mobile version.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Helix Holster
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    treo.treocentral.com. Like I said before, putting a "treo" node in front of the URL gives you the mobile version.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Doesn't always work. That was my point. If I visit the mobie version of the forum page a few hours eariler, come back, pull the forum main page from the blazer cache, the link I hit ( say the 650 forum page) will point to the regualer version. I have to refresh the main mobile page and click links from there in order to get the mobile treocentral version consistantly.