Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I went to buy one yesterday while the sprint rep was there but the best buy guy told him that they have run out of stock and when we asked for when they would restock I was told best buy have discontinued it. I asked further and apparently during the first week of April a new TREO will be available...but not a plam version..it will be a windows version !
    Any comments fom anyone ?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Slinky is that you.....................
    I think his exile is up today. . . . . .

Comments. . . .plausible but they got their Ws and Ps crossed. My Sprint stores have been saying for two months that they were getting the 700 -- but it was the W. Finally, in the last week they are starting to say "P" -- but still with no day or month.

Gotta Love Sprint. They soooooo un-inform their front line troops. I talked to 10 different phone CSRs 2 weeks ago about a certain plan on a new line of service I was investigating and got 10 different answers spread across a 180 degree spectrum.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Be nice to the n00bs, they know not what they do.
    I'm back!
    Me n00b!
    It's still on bestbuy.com
    Why would the first post someone made be in the Future Treo threads and reporting that Best Buy no longer is selling the 650 for Sprint?

Everyone sing with me now.
    C'mon down to the fishing hole...
    http://aging.als.uiuc.edu/2002%2007%...ings,%20VA.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by master1m
    It's still on bestbuy.com
    Just to play the Devil's advocate roll. . . . . . I could still buy into the story with that information . . . . their dot com is probably just one warehouse, where the stores are probably supplied by several regional ones ---- if the product is truly discontinued and one warehouse is out -- those stores will dry up first -- while other stores will still have it and can still get it -- for their warehouse still has them. Retailers do not often cross ship between their own warehouses, at least that has been my experience -- if one warehouse is overstocked -- they still want product from me to fill the empty one. . . .

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    Why would the first post someone made be in the Future Treo threads and reporting that Best Buy no longer is selling the 650 for Sprint?

Everyone sing with me now.
    C'mon down to the fishing hole...
    http://aging.als.uiuc.edu/2002%2007%...ings,%20VA.jpg

Devil's advocate roll again. . . . . because they have lurked as a non member for 6 months and don't feel like a first day student in a new school -- because they know I have Treo slippers on and am confined in a PPR guarded by Viking.. . . .
    Perry, didn't these two already play The Devils Advocate?

http://cinema.gothic.ru/moviestills/..._advocate5.jpg
    I have NEVER seen a Best Buy around my area carrying a Treo 650. The last Treo I saw them carrying was the 600.
    However, I did find it under Best Buy Cellular Solutions at BestBuy.com when I keyed in my zipcode for phones availble in my area.. . . . . . .

But (non Devil's Advocate Roll), it was a first post that raised my eyebrows and my grain of salt meter.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    Perry, didn't these two already play The Devils Advocate?

http://cinema.gothic.ru/moviestills/..._advocate5.jpg

I am doing a one day moonlighting cameo appearance in the roll. . . . .
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Take it for what its worth but, I was at the Sprint Store Thursday in Escondido Ca. because my Treo 650 was bricked from attempting a FAT32 ROM flash.
    Anyway since I have the protection plan they normaly exchange it for a refurbished or new one if they have one on hand. The Sprint rep looked at her inventory list on his screen and had a puzzled look on her face. She immediatley asked her supervisor for help, he came over and also looked at the screen and wispered to her there is no more new Treo 650 coming in.
    Luckily they had a new one in the store so they gave it to me. I didnt bother to ask about the 700p because the reps dont normally know any info or care to share.
    I just got back from McDonalds. The barely legal tart at the drive thru window said they didn't sell any 650's, but the McRib would be back.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    mmmmm.......mcrib
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I just got back from McDonalds. The barely legal tart at the drive thru window said they didn't sell any 650's, but the McRib would be back.
    Mmmmmmmm.....pressed pig parts.
    I'm back!
    If you guys don't stop I'l start "An Open Letter to Palm" and demand a status update of the Treo 700p.
    This one time ......at the sprint store................
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast