Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2
    I just spoke to a Sprint Advanced Tech Support person named Eric. After an escalation ticket was written for an ongoing issue, he asked me if there were any other questions. So, I asked him what we all suspect but can't seem to get a confirmation on. I asked when the Treo 700 was being released. He stated,
    " As early as April and no later than early summer. " He said that there are some software compatibility issues with the network which are currently being resolved. I asked if it was about the handoff issues of switching from wi-fi to EVDO and vice versa. He stated that that feature works with no problem. Hmm. He said that the Treo 700, that is the number he used, will be hardware wise almost like the Verizon 700, but........there will be 2 700's being released by Sprint. He stated a Windows version AND a Palm version are going to be released within the previously stated time frame.

He did go on to say that he too is excited about the 700 and will get the Palm version when released. That is all he would say and I thanked him for the information. We can take this for what it's worth but I just wanted to share what I was told.

--------------------------------
    EVDO Merlin S620
    Treo 650 Sprint
    Still rockin' 1.12 !

The ground swell is growing. . . . . .

Please let "P" stand for April and "W" is for JUne.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/06/2006 at 08:33 PM.
    Good to hear the WIFI is working.... LOL.

I think this is all setting up to be a release and sell immediately scenario, so will you be ready? Will you have Sprint Reps telling you the 700P is for new accounts only? will you use telesales or bum rush the store?

The last hot phone to hit Sprint stores was the A900 and it was mayhem, reps hiding phones for new accounts only, stores getting two phones and the reps buying them for themselves. Will you be on the phone calling every Sprint store within a 100 mile radius? Will you venture out to the store in your foam slippers? Will you blow red lights to get to the store? Will you promise sexual favors for a 700P? Will you spend the first night awake till the dawn with your new 700p? Will you come to TC and start a thread announcing " I got my 700P"? Will you show PICS? Will you scream if it resets in the first hour?

How about everyone having to upgrade to Power Vision? How about all those lost grandfathered data plans? Will you buy 3 of them and sell them for a profit on ebay? Did you already order a screen protector for it? These are questions you need to ask yourself..................

So are you ........................READY for the 700P?

Perry move over, am coming in......................
    Got a spare pair of slippers just for you. . . . .they are in the left had corner . . . . all furry with little horns . . . .the right hand corner is where "The Voice" comes from. . . . .
    I have been working with my Sprint store for 6 months now --- I will get the first 700P they get. . . . . or Grand Rapids, MI just might make the national news that evening. . . . . .

(Nothing Postal . . . . .just a major hissy thrown by a grown man . . . . . . and I have studied with the best. . . . . . . .(refer to avatar when she was a three year old).
    Owwww boy
    I did research it and they generally announce then take preorders then get around to shipping 3-4 weeks (read 25 to 30 days) after announcingastaring with the Treo600. So your term for launch is when it is announced? Then in your world there can be no such thing as a preannouncement, just a leak.
    I'm bringing my winchester to the store with me. Either I get a 700P or the bill pay machine gets it.
  8. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by screwtinize
    This is wishfull thinkin but what are y'alls thoughts on the likelhood of a T-mobile Palm 700p (anytime soon, anyways). I sure hate to hafta switch to Sprint, lose the SIM card and the pretty decent CSR's I've dealt with on t-mobile, altho I understand some nextel phones use SIMS cards(?).
    Nextel phones may use SIM cards (i.e. same physical size); they're not compatible with GSM SIMs, though. Your best bet is to get an unlocked GSM Treo, unless T-Mo picks up the 700 after all. Considering that they were the only national carrier to just say "pass" on the 650 (counting Sprint/Nextel and AT&T/Cingular as one each), I'd be surprised to see them opt for the 700. We'll see.

I'm holding out for a new Palm OS model on Cingular, so I can relate.
    Last edited by Q; 03/06/2006 at 10:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I'm bringing my winchester to the store with me. Either I get a 700P or the bill pay machine gets it.

Just hissy fits will do -- they do not allow inmates to have 700Ps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Just hissy fits will do -- they do not allow inmates to have 700Ps.

The hissy thing doesn't go to well with the Viking helmet.
    I will only be able to visit you on Thanksgiving. . . . .
    The hissy thing doesn't go to well with the Viking helmet.
    Just For You viking boy.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Hey Munk!

46.679892636% of your posts!

In your honor . . . . . . . I submit #4,000.

I think Perry deserves some kind of munk medal doesn't he?
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Just For You viking boy.

ROTFLMAO..............That was great...... Could you hook it up as a avatar for me?
    ROTFLMAO..............That was great...... Could you hook it up as a avatar for me?

Then you will have to put a link in your signature line . . . . . for the full sound and action version . . . . . .
    Does ANYONE know anything about any type of treo to be released by Cingular. I keep hearing April/May (not gonna say June so that Perry won't get upset again) for 700p from Sprint and SeptemberISH for 700w for Spring but what about Cingular? Any news? Maybe a new Hollywood rumor?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    Does ANYONE know anything about any type of treo to be released by Cingular. I keep hearing April/May (not gonna say June so that Perry won't get upset again) for 700p from Sprint and SeptemberISH for 700w for Spring but what about Cingular? Any news? Maybe a new Hollywood rumor?
    Nothing new on the Cingular front -- other than what has already been posted and summarized here at www.treonauts.com under February Archives about 5/6ths of the way down under Treo 700P First Pics:

"This particular Treo 700p is branded for Sprint and as such is a CDMA smartphone which is great news for Sprint subscribers but sadly means that there is still no clue of a next generation GSM Treo… According to previous rumours (below) of new Treo releases in 2006, the first GSM Treo is likely going to be offered by Cingular in the US and other carriers in Europe around April/May while a Treo 700p GSM version will have to wait until September.

January 2006: Treo 700w (WM 5.0, EV-DO) currently available exclusively from Verizon (CDMA) until June 2006 and from other carriers (CDMA & GSM) thereafter
    March-April 2006: Treo 700p (Palm OS, EV-DO) exclusively from Sprint (CDMA) for 6 months and from other carriers (CDMA & GSM) thereafter
    April-May 2006: "Hollywood" - rumoured to be called Treo 800p is expected to be offered primarily by Orange and/or Vodafone in Europe and in US likely to be launched by Cingular
    April-May 2006: "Lowrider" - a sub-$300 device and entry-level smartphone, compatible to previous-generation network radios (like those found on the current Treo 650) "

And it appears that these dates are already beginning to slip.

Cheers Perry.
    Here call in to ED and tell him we need release dates..........

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060307/20060307006033.html?.v=1
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    In fact, if Palm doesn't make money, there won't be another Treo. I share the frustration of LT and others over Palm "keeping us in the dark", but must respect their need to continue moving product. Most people in world are NOT geeks like us :-) who hang every nuanced word from anyone who could potentially have a clue about release dates.

If There were a better Treo I would buy it! I wish there were a worthy competitor. But right now we have no other choices.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast