Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Palm never pre-announces new products, especially since the M515 fiasco it endured a while ago. In any case, it always seems some one will leak pics and specs of the next Treo a couple months before the official launch anyway. This is exactly what happenned with the Treo 700w, 650, 600, and even now rumored 700p. If the past is any indication, these leaks always occur during wireless network beta testing phases when some one get his/her hands on the next treo and posts a pic or tries to sell on of ebay/craiglist etc. Since it normally takes a few months to fully beta test a device like the Treo on a wireless network, it would make sense that some info would eventually leak through regardless of NDA's which almost everyone almost had to sign. It would be my guess that Sprint etc has been beta testing the rumored "700p" for at least a couple months now and that a late March-June period would most likely fit the testing-to-launch time frame that it normally takes to bring a device like the treo to market...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Perry's Palm could be also be used to push Palm's new service "Perry Connect" .... allows you to track your children's movements on your Treo via their Treos.

BTW, Perry, my son had his 16th birthday party today at Hooters. I think his face is still a bit red from all the girls fussing, hugging and kissing him. I tried to tell the girls it was my birthday too but they wouldn't go for it.

Nice try.

So where do I take a 16 year girl for her birthday?

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    You didnt tell those girls that you just turned 16 did you?
    I tried.....and it's true, I just turned 16....for the third time ....48 sounds about right
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    My new restaurant chain geared to the opposite gender when their men are at Hooters.....think I'll call it Honkers. ou wanna be my food and beverage manager....I hear you good at inventory.
    Also a good short order cook -- 4 years at HoJo's during High School.
    Nice try.

Cheers, Perry.
    Hmmm...allow me think about this one.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    With Verion advertising their Treo with tons of people outside (they refer to it as the network of people who come with their service) I think Sprint should advertise that Perry will mow your yard if you buy a 700P...or make you a stack of pancakes since we just found out he is a former Hojo's cook.

And I am not touching the 16 year old girl line...nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Hmmm...allow me think about this one.
    You and I have already discussed this . . . . . .
    Gfunk, I recall Palm announcing the Treos all about a month before they were available (at least since they bought Handspring). Not sure how you can claim they do not pre-announce. Apple is the one who announces and has it in stores that day or the next. I consider when Palm takes pre-orders for a product for 30 days before shipping that is pre-announcing. Am I missing something here?
    There WILL be a Treo 700 on Sprint in May or June. I don't know if will be the P or the W.

I'm praying it will be the P.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    There WILL be a Treo 700 on Sprint in May or June. I don't know if will be the P or the W.

Oooooo. You said the "J" word. I can live with the "M" word, But, Oooooo, you said the "J" word. Go wash your mouth out with soap RIGHT NOW!

Cheers, Perry

You just had to tell me that D-Man, didn't ya? Now it is off to my PPR to cry and speak to that voice in the corner of the room.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/05/2006 at 10:52 AM.
    I owe a few brave souls an apology. They insightfully predicted the release of the Treo 700P and I figured they were no where near correct. For those who projected December I have to take it forgranted ,since we are up to June, those who predicted December meant December of 2006 and not 2005. Amazing how those "reliabel inside sources" can be 7+ months wrong.
    Oooooo. You said the "J" word. I can live with the "M" word, But, Oooooo, you said the "J" word. Go wash your mouth out with soap RIGHT NOW!

Cheers, Perry

You just had to tell me that D-Man, didn't ya? Now it is off to my PPR to cry and speak to that voice in the corner of the room.

Forget the "J" word ..............He said the "W" word.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Forget the "J" word ..............He said the "W" word.
    Ain't even goin' there. The Shadow knows.
    I sincerely hope it's the P word in the M word, but I just haven't seen any documentation.

The Shadow knows there will be a 700P. Unfortunately he doesn't know when. (May... Oh please let it be May!!)
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    I sincerely hope it's the P word in the M word, but I just haven't seen any documentation.

The Shadow knows there will be a 700P. Unfortunately he doesn't know when. (May... Oh please let it be May!!)

Hey Dragonman! Do you Sprint frontline folks get the same notice as to the availability of a Treo as the public does -- about 5 days? That has to be frustrating!

When I worked for a bank, a customer brought in a full page ad on a new product we were offering. It was news to all of us at the branch. I explained the product as best I could (soley based on what I read in the ad they handed me) took the deposit, gave the customer a generic reciept and took down all the appropriate customer info. I then called to the Main Office and said "What the . . . . .! And BTW, "How do you set this freakin' thing up!"

Gotta Love corporate America.

Cheers, Perry.
    I think I can save up enough change from the couch to meet the May ETA

Along with the proceeds from my PPC
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Gfunk, I recall Palm announcing the Treos all about a month before they were available (at least since they bought Handspring). Not sure how you can claim they do not pre-announce. Apple is the one who announces and has it in stores that day or the next. I consider when Palm takes pre-orders for a product for 30 days before shipping that is pre-announcing. Am I missing something here?

They don't preannounce, The only reason they announced the 700w was b/c it was severely leaked on the web via engadget etc and their hands were forced. Secondly, it is NOT Palm's job to announce the Treos in the first place. That is up to the wireless carriers and it is up to them when and if to announce certain handsets according to their requirements, lets make that clear. There are many reasons why a wireless carrier may want to preclude the annoucement of a handset and Palm has to be very careful and mindful to that sensitivity in this regard. In fact, just ask the TC admins how serious this sensitivity can be by revisiting all the trouble they faced when the published their Treo 650 article a couple years ago!

Finally in regards to Palm pda releases, if you review their history you will see that the never announce a device until almost the day before the offical launch...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    This is wishfull thinkin but what are y'alls thoughts on the likelhood of a T-mobile Palm 700p (anytime soon, anyways). I sure hate to hafta switch to Sprint, lose the SIM card and the pretty decent CSR's I've dealt with on t-mobile, altho I understand some nextel phones use SIMS cards(?).
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

I just spoke to a Sprint Advanced Tech Support person named Eric. After an escalation ticket was written for an ongoing issue, he asked me if there were any other questions. So, I asked him what we all suspect but can't seem to get a confirmation on. I asked when the Treo 700 was being released. He stated,
    " As early as April and no later than early summer. " He said that there are some software compatibility issues with the network which are currently being resolved. I asked if it was about the handoff issues of switching from wi-fi to EVDO and vice versa. He stated that that feature works with no problem. Hmm. He said that the Treo 700, that is the number he used, will be hardware wise almost like the Verizon 700, but........there will be 2 700's being released by Sprint. He stated a Windows version AND a Palm version are going to be released within the previously stated time frame.

He did go on to say that he too is excited about the 700 and will get the Palm version when released. That is all he would say and I thanked him for the information. We can take this for what it's worth but I just wanted to share what I was told.

--------------------------------
    EVDO Merlin S620
    Treo 650 Sprint
    Still rockin' 1.12 !
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast