Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi LT!

Palm does not pre-announce like Motorola and has said so. The Treo is a single horse show. Kill existing sales with an announce and you hurt profits. Palm learned this 5 to 7 years ago by pre-announcing one of their new PDAs. Heck, Moto had a whole Web site set up for their 600 for months before release -- It's their advertising of the brand. They got xx phones out there.

Palm restated in yesterday's webcast that sale would follow shortly after announce. The "four Treos on 06" statement is the best you are going to get. I do not blame them. If you are a savy buyer -- you do your research and kinda know if the "next" model of whatever is out there by how long the item has been on the market, what "sales" are going on and what the market magazines/web sites are saying about upcoming products in that particular industry.

This is a fact of consumer life I learned early on.

Cheers, Perry.
    man you are quite the plam aficionado - does this make you a palm groupie?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Why does the Sprint rep has more grammar errors than a AOL user?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreth
    This is kind of funny...
    It's especially funny because it contains numerous grammtical errors itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    man you are quite the plam aficionado - does this make you a palm groupie?
    A Palm PDA has been on my hip for 10 continuous years now. Only exceptions: when wearing swim trunks or pajamas.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Yeah, that's what I was commenting on. At some point, I may seek Federal funding to examine why critical posts by spelling and grammar Nazis almost always contain some sort of error.
    And re: the actual topic of this thread, I'm hoping that the 700p gets pushed out a year. Mainly because I just picked up a Sprint 650, so that's the earliest I'll be eligible for any type of discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreth
    snip
    And re: the actual topic of this thread, I'm hoping that the 700p gets pushed out a year. Mainly because I just picked up a Sprint 650, so that's the earliest I'll be eligible for any type of discount.
    Hi Kreth!

(PPR door slams shut. . .)

Well, there would be one side benefit to that torture -- we would then only have to wait one year for the ALP/Treo vs. 2 years. . . ..

See Lady T !! They have announced the next Palm-ish Treo -- it's 2008, is that enough notice?

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/03/2006 at 12:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    A Palm PDA has been on my hip for 10 continuous years now. Only exceptions: when wearing swim trunks or pajamas.
    I thought it was curious that HappyPappy kept his Treo under the pillow, where do you keep yours when.....well...you know...take off the cowboy boots
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    I can understand the Speedos, but surely your jammies have belt loops.

I found your Palm ALPO release on a different website (attached). Maybe release is imminent and not 2007?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dstrauss; 03/03/2006 at 12:27 PM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever7

Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man

Maybe, I'm giving whatever7 too much "humor credit", but I presumed the grammar issues were intentional for emphasis and satirical purposes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I thought it was curious that HappyPappy kept his Treo under the pillow, where do you keep yours when.....well...you know...take off the cowboy boots
    Treo is on it's own then baby . . . . . . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedatreo
    palm has done plenty and every new release they have given the people who care (power users) a glimpse of what is coming through "alternative" channels. every new release has been preceded by information leaks and prototypes being "acquired" by forum members. this is not at all coincidence. it gives power users the information they need to hang on while keeping average consumers buying current treos. we have already seen the 700p, we know (roughly) its features and we know its coming to sprint. now be patient and wait. honestly, they could be like apple and people would have no clue what was coming down the pipe.
    No.

Honestly, I won't be waiting for much longer.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Any idea on the date for a Verizon 700P?
    Quote Originally Posted by marvw
    Any idea on the date for a Verizon 700P?

Not a clue.

Speculation is Sprint get's the 700P April/May and the 700W Sept/Oct.

Another rumor says Sprint and Verizon will get the 700P at the same time, another would say Verizon would get the "P" when Sprint gets the "W".

Pick your poison!

Cheers, Perry.
    Palm Pilot(1996ish)-->Palm III-->Palm Vx-->Palm 515-->Tungsten T3 paired w/ a BlueTooth cell phone -->Sprint Treo 650 (Best Yet)
    Every time I look at these I try and remember what I had.

2005 - Present - 6 oz Treo 650 CNG
    2001-2005 - 6 oz Nokia 6061 w/ Palm Vx
    1998-2001 - 0.5 pound Nokia thing w/ outside antenna and booster kit
    1993-1998 - 0.8 pound AT&T thing
    1988-1992 - 1.5 pound AT&T thing
    1985-1988 - 2.5 pound AT&T thing
    < 1985 - 4.5 pound AT&T thing

I got mugged (well atempted) once when I had the first one.....hit the guy in the head with the phone.....er.....more than once.....he told the police to arrest me for assault with a deadly weapon. I hit him once to get him off me and then once more when I saw he scratched my car.

I can still picture it.....thing looked like a wall phone from the early 1960's....with one of those coiled cords that look like you could jump start a car with it.
    I am starting a campaign to convince PALM to award Perry the first new Palm based Treo off the lines and that they should plaster his mug all over in their ad campaign.

They can call it "A Palm for Perry" and build the entire launch around how dedicated Treo users are. Sort of a cult-like group of users.

Join me and write, email, call Palm and Sprint and make this happen. We will be heard.
    Fell off my chair, glad I was not drinking anything when I read that!

Thanks, gharrod -- but I am not sure they will want to wrap their campaign around a guy that has been in the Pink Padded Room guarded by Viking for the last month.

As far as the mug shot -- we can stick with the avatar -- titled: "The Joy of Palm."

Cheers, (still laughing) Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/03/2006 at 10:23 PM.
    Post #152 on page 11

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...&page=11&pp=15

This guy is supposed to have a contact with sprint, who said the EOL for the treo 650 was listed as April.

I'm not on howard much but from the post he has a lot of credibility there and his name is in red so I guess hes a mod/admin.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki
    Post #152 on page 11

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...&page=11&pp=15

This guy is supposed to have a contact with sprint, who said the EOL for the treo 650 was listed as April.

I'm not on howard much but from the post he has a lot of credibility there and his name is in red so I guess hes a mod/admin.

Cruz does have creditability, but he is also claiming the 700w is coming first. I think there is alot of Sprint employess who like usual are misinformed.

I still stand behind merlyn's 700p, shadowmite's word and the convincer being that web cast with the SVP Ken Wirt, which the interviewer stated Sprint recieving the "Palm Version" of the 700 and Ken never correcting him.
    Perry's Palm could be also be used to push Palm's new service "Perry Connect" .... allows you to track your children's movements on your Treo via their Treos.

BTW, Perry, my son had his 16th birthday party today at Hooters. I think his face is still a bit red from all the girls fussing, hugging and kissing him. I tried to tell the girls it was my birthday too but they wouldn't go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Right you are. I mean, who uses "Ish" in an email to a customer. Specially if he is business manager for Sprint.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Perry's Palm could be also be used to push Palm's new service "Perry Connect" .... allows you to track your children's movements on your Treo via their Treos.

BTW, Perry, my son had his 16th birthday party today at Hooters. I think his face is still a bit red from all the girls fussing, hugging and kissing him. I tried to tell the girls it was my birthday too but they wouldn't go for it.
    You didnt tell those girls that you just turned 16 did you?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast