1.    #1  
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03...bile_data_cap/

'The suicide of a young South Korean boy who racked up a huge phone bill playing games on his mobile has prompted local operators into revising their call plans. The unnamed 16 year-old student from the south western Korean town of Iksan toped himself on 15 February after running up a bill of 3.7m Won ($3,830), according to local police.
    Exactly !!!!!!! These charges are criminal ! Probably if he could afford a$20.00 higher plan it would have been free. These money grubbers pillage the poor because they can !!!.......... Bless there hearts.
    Last edited by byronchurch; 03/03/2006 at 02:34 PM. Reason: spelling
    Maybe he should have asked fir a re-rate.
    I would bet the carrier didn't make that option clear!
    I feel his pain. well not all of it. I had a dedicated phone line for internet with mci. My aol called a local # and i left it on line for a month. It was one call. my pnone bill was $3000 plus. again It was a local call months before,but now its a local TOLL call . What the F !
    Those Jokers really do not know what they are doing. It took me about 3 hours total on the phone to order my treo 650, but I refused to pay the 59 dollars per month for the unlimited plan when on line I could get it for 44. The support person then advised me to buy my plan on-line because they can offer diff. specials. I took her advise and to be sure I contacted cingular, prior to using data, and made sure that I did in fact have an unlimited data plan. I was advised that the computer (which depending who you talk to) stated that I did have a unlimited data plan. Well it has been 3 weeks and I have been using data like crazy. I recently had to contact tech support and I was advised that I did not have an unlimited plan (I went postal) needless to say I am emailing you during an earned break from the state hospital. Well Cingular has advised me that they will accept my soul in return for the bill and forgive me for making the error
  7.    #7  
    can't you just add and subtract or check what features you have via the my account page on the web site. I got bumped up to a $24.99 plan twice and had my caller ID dropped once and fixed them myself via the web site.

Here's "My Features" page

CALL FORWARDING N/C $0.00
    CALL WAITING N/C $0.00
    DIRECT BILL CHARGES N/C $0.00
    DETAILED BILLING N/C $0.00
    LONG DISTANCE ACCESS $0.00
    VOICE MAIL ALERT $0.00
    NETWORK ACCESS $0.00
    CALLER ID N/C $0.00
    BASIC VOICEMAIL-N/C $0.00
    /ANYTIME MIN ROLLOVER $0.00
    /850 ANYTIME MINS $0.00