1.    #1  
    Hi y'all:

Treo 650 owner. I have a huge issue with my SMS. For whatever reason, the phone only labels some text threads with the CONTACT NAME in my phone book, and yet the majority only list the phone numbers. There's no rhyme or reason for the labeling of the threads!

ALL of the contacts are in my goodlink and palm desktop contact files! Does anyone have a clue how to resolve this? It would be a great help.

Jeeps rule,
    Jake Jones.
    Last edited by JJones80; 03/01/2006 at 01:39 PM.
    The only time I don't see the names is whenI send to an email address, rather than a number. Also, all the people I SMS, I have their numbers categorized under mobile in my address book.

Don't know if that helps you or not.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  3.    #3  
    lamentably no. i just can't seem to figure out why certain messages have the person's names while the vast majority show the phone number. again, this is despite the fact that all of these numbers are in my contacts list! i thank god on days like this i have an emotional rollover cage.

-jj
    Last edited by JJones80; 03/01/2006 at 07:35 PM.
    Wow! I've also had the problem you're talking about Jake, if I'm reading it correctly. With my Treo 650, when I get a text message, sometimes the alert shows me the contact's name... but a lot of times, the alert just has the contact's phone number. I can't figure out why that happens either. Anyone, PLEASE, got the answer?

~Tommy Toms
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommytoms
    Wow! I've also had the problem you're talking about Jake, if I'm reading it correctly. With my Treo 650, when I get a text message, sometimes the alert shows me the contact's name... but a lot of times, the alert just has the contact's phone number. I can't figure out why that happens either. Anyone, PLEASE, got the answer?

~Tommy Toms
    Check how you add the number in your Contacts. Usually, text messages from carriers will be sent with a plus sign (+), then the 10-digit number. If that's the case, trying changing the mobile numbers starting with a "1" then the 10-digit number after. Hope this helps.
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
  6.    #6  
    ugh...still lost on this -- any luck for you, tommy t?