1.    #1  
    OK, so, I know from experience that the speaker on the Treo600 is horrible, and sometimes it makes me want to go back to my old cell phone since from time to time I have missed calls, and I was not even in a loud eviroment.

Now, I was reading a review of the 650 and it says the Speaker still isn't any good. Now, from reading the review I am not sure it is the speaker where one hears people talk, or the one for Speakerphone / Ringer.

Any thoughts from the forum?
    Craig M.
    Former Treo600 User
    No Longer Using a Treo, but Checking the Forums for Updates and such!
    Can't sepak for the 600 but the Speakerphone on the 650 is in the back of the phone, headset in the front. The speaker volume on the early 650's was not too good and Jeff Gibson's Volume Care fixed it right up. But by the time Cingular's version came out the problem was greatly lessened and ROM upgrades since made it even better. I find the Volume on the 650m to e just fine at level 6 or 7 but may add VC anyway if i run into a need to use speakerphone in noisy environment.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks...I do not really use the speakerphone to talk, more to check VM from the car, however, I can barely hear this thing ring!
    Craig M.
    Former Treo600 User
    No Longer Using a Treo, but Checking the Forums for Updates and such!
    Yea is it possible to install better speakers ? Would it help much? How bout a tiny tiny power amp?
    The speakers are the same in the two phones as far as I can tell (and from what I remember).
    i have a problem with the volume too.
    Quote Originally Posted by byronchurch
    Yea is it possible to install better speakers ? Would it help much? How bout a tiny tiny power amp?
    Yeah...class a tube type preferred won't have to wear coat in winter