1.    #1  
    As my clock radio went off this am I caught the last minute of an interview with Hawkins on NPR. Seems he's promoting his new book on intelligence.

Since I didn't hear the bulk of the interview, I don't know what else he had to say. I kinda doubt he got into whether the 700p will have wifi or not, or other pressing questions we'd like answered.

An extended version of the interview will be posted at www.npr.org. He's a brilliant guy, so I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the story, and maybe even reading the book.
    Last edited by NJ Dog Doc; 02/27/2006 at 07:43 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Here's the link: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5232103

You can hear the story as aired, or the "full interview". As soon as my day slows down a little I'll listen.
    That book isn't particularly new (at least a year old) and other than receiving a paycheck, there hasn't been any sign over the past year that Hawkins is actively engaged with any activities at Palm.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Oooh! NPR !!!
    What kind of biased liberal left wing pinko propaganda is this?
    And why is the Govt. subsidising this trash?
    I hope this interview is not too long, because I cannot afford to spend many minutes listening to anything nuanced in this day of easily digestible sound bites...

(this is tongue-in-cheek. I'm pretending to be a patriotic right-wing conservative Republican) obligatory smiley follows

:-)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    That book isn't particularly new (at least a year old) and other than receiving a paycheck, there hasn't been any sign over the past year that Hawkins is actively engaged with any activities at Palm.
    He is engaged....he is working on the "third business" at Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    He is engaged....he is working on the "third business" at Palm.
    Palmistry?............
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Oooh! NPR !!!
    I hope this interview is not too long, because I cannot afford to spend many minutes listening to anything nuanced in this day of easily digestible sound bites...

(this is tongue-in-cheek. I'm pretending to be a patriotic right-wing conservative Republican) obligatory smiley follows

ACTUALLY PRETTY FUNNY, YOUR COMMENT THAT IS NOT THE INTERVIEW, I DID NTO HAVE A CHANCE TO LISTEN TO IT...., TAKE CARE, JAY
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Oooh! NPR !!!

Free speech, thats why the Govt. gives them grants.

I am with ya however... Its totally biased liberal "free lunches for losers" propaganda.. Not news.
    Im sure he knows what's going on even if not there every day. So....

I emailed him care of NPR so he could email me the exact specs, release date, price, user manual, photos, accessory list, planned discounts, new software upgrades of both the 700p and Hollywood. Also gave him my physical address so he could send me beta test devices.

Ill let you know as soon as he replies
    LOL, yes and you to can have a corner of my PPR.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Im sure he knows what's going on even if not there every day. So....

I emailed him care of NPR so he could email me the exact specs, release date, price, user manual, photos, accessory list, planned discounts, new software upgrades of both the 700p and Hollywood. Also gave him my physical address so he could send me beta test devices.

Ill let you know as soon as he replies
    If you really want him to take notice, you should send him a complimentary pair of JakeEJeans.
    NPR can be annoying, lot of times.
    At times,i am ashmed to admit the simple fact that our tax money funds such programs.
    How does it compare to the billions in pork and earmarks? The Cowboy Hall of Fame? The bridge to nowhere? Funding by NEA?

I prefer NPR/PBS to be funded privately, but we could do a lot worse with spending our tax dollars.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    If you really want him to take notice, you should send him a complimentary pair of JakeEJeans.
    how many ppl here will get this comment?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    I've been waiting to see. So far you make one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    Maybe Jake Ehrlich himself?

http://67.19.190.212/showthread.php?t=35399