Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,
    I just emailed a Palm.com Rep. on the treo 800p and the lack of information given to us (the public) on all of its specs and all of that crap. I am currently waiting for a response, and will post the response as soon as I receive it (if I do...).

This was the message that I sent:

Hi,
    I am emailing you on behalf of everyone on the www.TreoCentral.com forums. We are all very frustrated with the lack of information released to the public on upcoming Treos, mostly the "Treo Hollywood". We are frustrated because we buy every Treo that you come out with and love every one of them, but when it comes time to release a new one, you say a little sentance of information on the new Treo in a press release, and don't release any technical specs or anything else such as pictures until just a few of weeks before the release, and leave us stranded in the darkness. We would all love to find out a little bit more information on the Treo codenamed the “Hollywood”, such as information on what month it will come out in, any technical specs other than “it’s a higher end treo with a sleeker design and no external antenna”, like its memory, its dimensions, how many MegaPixel camera does it have, whether or not it’s a GSM phone, its battery life, and other USEFULL information on the product. We all would also like to know approximately how much it will cost, and what will come in the box. We all would especially like to know what service the Treo Hollywood would start off being offered by (I am personally hoping for Cingular!), and how long after its original release date will other service providers be carrying this phone?

From everyone at the TreoCentral.com forums (me included), we all hope that you will email me back with what we all want to hear.

Thanks ahead of time.

-Corey

I hope I get a response...
    Who did you e-mail that too?
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    First Post?

Hi Slinky.
  5.    #5  
    I emailed it to Erin Freeley, hes in charge of all of the smart phones according to palm.com. Hopefully he will respond soon.
    Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    First Post?

Hi Slinky.

LOL
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by CorigamiC
    I emailed it to Erin Freeley, hes in charge of all of the smart phones according to palm.com. Hopefully he will respond soon.
    he may respond but not with any real or useful info. i guarantee it.
    - ag47
    Oh yes, I'm supprised he hasn't contacted you yet. I'm sure he'll send you a candy gram too.......................
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    So you made a thread about emailing a 'rep' without even getting a significant reply let alone a reply at all?

I honestly do not understand.
  10.    #10  
    I just sent him an email only like 6 hours ago. I'm sure he checks emails often, since he is one of the main people in charge over at Palm.com, thats why I made this thread, to tell people that I am trying to get the inside scoop, and post what he says on the forums.

-Corey
    I just sent him an email only like 6 hours ago. I'm sure he checks emails often, since he is one of the main people in charge over at Palm.com, thats why I made this thread, to tell people that I am trying to get the inside scoop, and post what he says on the forums.

-Corey
    this cant be serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    this cant be serious.
    Sure it is. And I'm sure that, since Mr. Freeley is a polite young man, he'll ignore Palm's official policies on information release and let the nice Corey know all the details we've been hoping for.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  13.    #13  
    Thats what I'm hoping
    How often do execs answer consumers? You know those people often believe they're "above" everyone else. I wouldn't expect a reply.

But if you're lucky enough to get one, let us know!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    How often do execs answer consumers? You know those people often believe they're "above" everyone else. I wouldn't expect a reply.

But if you're lucky enough to get one, let us know!
    For once I agree with LT. That email you sent was an ENORMOUS waste of time. As was my commenting on it
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    If they respond -- it will be with whatever the "corporate line" is at the time. That would be the last e-mail that employee sent if they divulged anything different.

Cheers, Perry.
    I don't remember signing my name to anything saying that you could speak on my behalf. Who elected you the Treocentral community representative?

Being completely serious...wouldn't it be sad and pathetic if Palm was willing to give us all sorts of details but hadn't just because no one asked?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I don't remember signing my name to anything saying that you could speak on my behalf. Who elected you the Treocentral community representative?

Being completely serious...wouldn't it be sad and pathetic if Palm was willing to give us all sorts of details but hadn't just because no one asked?

I think we forget that Palm confiscated the only piece of information we had...Merlyn's 700P.

Maybe they will ship Merlyn's 700p to the OP.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I think we forget that Palm confiscated the only piece of information we had...Merlyn's 700P.

Maybe they will ship Merlyn's 700p to the OP.

No, he wants slinky's 800P, didn't you read the title to the thread. Gosh, no wonder rumors are so bad here
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    No, he wants slinky's 800P, didn't you read the title to the thread. Gosh, no wonder rumors are so bad here

Hi,
    I am emailing you on behalf of everyone on the www.TreoCentral.com forums. We are all very frustrated with the lack of information released to the public on upcoming Treos,
    He is talking about information on any Palm OS related Phone, . What's the problem?

I think rumors start with MISINTERPRETATION, you misinterpreted a obvious joke.
    Last edited by vikingjunior; 02/27/2006 at 10:44 AM.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast