Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75
  1.    #1  
    I am sick and tired of this guessing game for next palm Treo.
    It is fine not to release the exact date and details of the next model months prior.
    However ,something like , will there be a next upgrade for 650 P , or not ?
    I believe ,this to be our right as consumers to know.
    I find SE and other phone makers to be more responsible in this respect ,as they try to explain the delay and months ahead ,usually indicate that new model is coming .

    Unfortunately ,there is no THINKSECRET for Treo's.
    Seriously ..TC, should consider bribing some palm insider
  2. #2  
    Ummm...Palm execs already said there will be three more Treo models this year and have repeated stated they are still committed to the PalmOS. In addition, there have been leaked pics and specs of the 700p floating around for a while now. What more confirmation do you need?
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Seriously ..TC, should consider bribing some palm insider
    Waddaya think, we're made of money?
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  4. hlazar's Avatar
    Posts
    284 Posts
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    #4  
    Hints but no official confirmations. I've been buying a new treo every year for the last few, and wanted to do the same this year. Palm apparently doesn't want my money.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Waddaya think, we're made of money?

    But you guys have inside contacts with "real information"
  6. #6  
    We're a special kind of breed. We're so hungry for gadgets and new tech that we ***** and complain about it.
    In my dreams, I'm looking for a device with the look of my CDMA Treo 650, without the stubby antenna, and half the thickness. That does everything it does now...OK, maybe a little faster.
    It has to function as good as it looks. As a sales manager, it would be nice to have a sleek design that fits nicely in my jacket pocket without any bulges. I hate wearing holsters or similar accessories on my belt.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hlazar
    Hints but no official confirmations. I've been buying a new treo every year for the last few, and wanted to do the same this year. Palm apparently doesn't want my money.

    They (Palm) may lose out if a competitor comes out with a better product.
  8. #8  
    It's kind of strange. I don't think Palm is too concerened about a competitor.
    It's like no one else has a brain. SE's P990. Isn't available on NA networks, cost $500 more and Symbian OS isn't popular in the USA, otherswise it could give Palm a run. Nokias treo look a like seems not to support Multimedia at this point. BB is about done. Samsung, Motorola and LG........... what are they doing with smartphones? Moto can't make anything anyone actually wants. Have u seen the A1000? You need to remove the battery to instert/remove the external memory.

    PPC is close. But even then as a Palm/symbian user do you really want to use/switch to a OS that requires your full attention for the next 2 months?

    Palm doesn't care they have Microsoft under their belt. Regardless of what happens they are going to get P-A-I-D. IMHO.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Ummm...Palm execs already said there will be three more Treo models this year and have repeated stated they are still committed to the PalmOS. In addition, there have been leaked pics and specs of the 700p floating around for a while now. What more confirmation do you need?
    Speculations .. ,Rumors ... at best, as to ,whether there will be a 700P ,from my limited research .
    No solid proof .
    Last edited by Mtreosexual; 02/26/2006 at 06:25 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Waddaya think, we're made of money?
    2 Mods jumping on my post at once !!
    You guys are so palm protective .
    Hey , what i suggested above, is a smart buisness move.
    It will work however ,small the buisness may be.
  11. TazUk's Avatar
    Posts
    689 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    They (Palm) may lose out if a competitor comes out with a better product.
    And how does making an anouncement change that
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    It's kind of strange. I don't think Palm is too concerened about a competitor.
    It's like no one else has a brain. SE's P990. Isn't available on NA networks, cost $500 more and Symbian OS isn't popular in the USA, otherswise it could give Palm a run. Nokias treo look a like seems not to support Multimedia at this point. BB is about done. Samsung, Motorola and LG........... what are they doing with smartphones? Moto can't make anything anyone actually wants. Have u seen the A1000? You need to remove the battery to instert/remove the external memory.

    PPC is close. But even then as a Palm/symbian user do you really want to use/switch to a OS that requires your full attention for the next 2 months?

    Palm doesn't care they have Microsoft under their belt. Regardless of what happens they are going to get P-A-I-D. IMHO.

    Yes Bill boy has sealed the fate of palm os, the day he put his eyes on Treo.
    And as far as Eddy is concerned he seems to be happy being the CEO of Micorsoft 's smartphone division.

    Seriously Symbian as been out there for years and now there are some good softwares availble , that should not be a limitign factor in choosing a smartphone.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk
    And how does making an anouncement change that
    Knowing about the features of a future product helps in making better informed decision regarding buying a product. Also a compettion to the competing products.
    Last edited by Mtreosexual; 02/26/2006 at 12:53 PM.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    They (Palm) may lose out if a competitor comes out with a better product.
    I think they look at it like this. They OWN the market and today, no one worries about long term stability, the only thing on any corporate mind is this quarters profits. I think the reason they can continue with this course is that 650's are still selling strong and money is still rolling in. Lik a crack addict, we don't wanna wait for the "good stuff" tomorrow when we can get our habds on any stuff today.

    Now if a competitor HAD a product on the market that they saw significantly eating into thier market share, bringing 650 sales to a standstill, Palm stock woud ineveitably slide as profits paled. I think at that point, to keep stockholders and mindshare, then we'd quickly see an announcement to attempt to halt "switherooskis".
  15. TazUk's Avatar
    Posts
    689 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Knowing about the features of a future product helps in making better informed decision regarding buying a product. Also a compettion to the competing products.
    Yes but if a competitor releases a better product then people will jump ship whether Palm announce something or not. It's likely that they can't make an announcement even if they wanted to due to the Verizon/Microsoft/700W deal.
  16. ls3mach's Avatar
    Posts
    659 Posts
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Ummm...Palm execs already said there will be three more Treo models this year and have repeated stated they are still committed to the PalmOS. In addition, there have been leaked pics and specs of the 700p floating around for a while now. What more confirmation do you need?

    Where is the pictures? I saw the specs and they are lame,
  17. #17  
    There ARE no competitors for the Palm 650 (or 700P). Palm is the only game in town still using the PalmOS. I don't think they really see other brands of WM5 devices as competitors for the PalmOS Treo, but rather for the Treo 700W.

    Pre-announcing a 700P (or 800, or whatever) too long before it's ready to market would risk canabalizing sales of the 650, which is a real impact, as opposed to potentially losing sales to some other company, which is a potential impact. If something comes to market that starts eating away at 650 sales, then you might see an early announcement. But not otherwise.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    I am sick and tired of this guessing game for next palm Treo.
    It is fine not to release the exact date and details of the next model months prior.
    However ,something like , will there be a next upgrade for 650 P , or not ?
    I believe ,this to be our right as consumers to know.
    I find SE and other phone makers to be more responsible in this respect ,as they try to explain the delay and months ahead ,usually indicate that new model is coming .

    Unfortunately ,there is no THINKSECRET for Treo's.
    Seriously ..TC, should consider bribing some palm insider
    I feel the same way! Why do other makers have no problem telling us when something new is coming? Maybe there ISN'T anything coming from Palm despite what they were supposed to have said!! Either that or they need some help in marketing!! How and why would you wait so long to announce something that people are going with other products?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    How and why would you wait so long to announce something that people are going with other products?
    Maybe because they know die hard POS lovers won't jump ship?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  20. #20  
    How many Palm OS fans left or are considering leaving for other devices on this board? I like Palm OS too, it's still the best IMO. But WM5 is kicking it's *** right now with devices. Palm is too little, too late, if they don't announce a Palm OS device soon! This makes me think they have little or no confidence in the next Palm OS Treo.

    How much longer can the 650 hold out? I understand they're selling them at low prices. Makes me HOPE they may be about to release something new, but how about just ending the suspense, Palm?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions