Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So yeah...everytime i see POS as the short form for PalmOS, i always get a good snicker. And I mean, if you use the other meaning, anti PalmOS users would have a field day ^_^ Don't you think we need a new short form of PalmOS?

How about PMOS?

I would say PMS, but yeah I don't think that would fly either LOL
    LOL
    I only see Palm OS in that abbreviation.. . . . .

(Selective interpretation based on perspective.)

Cheers, Perry
    Hahaha...yeah. I'm in the military, so 'POS' has always stood for "piece of sh*t" in my mind. Actually, when I started frequenting these forums, it took me a while to realize that people weren't just talking smack...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Hahaha...yeah. I'm in the military, so 'POS' has always stood for "piece of sh*t" in my mind. Actually, when I started frequenting these forums, it took me a while to realize that people weren't just talking smack...
    I have the same feeling...and Hofo...it's kind of FUN calling it POS.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I have the same feeling...and Hofo...it's kind of FUN calling it POS.
    And then their is ALPO(S).
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    And then their is ALPO(S).
    I guess I might be naive, but what does that stand for?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Besides dog food. . . . . Access Linux Platform

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=8388

Cheers, Perry
    How about PalmOS, or is that just too long..........................
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff
    How about PalmOS, or is that just too long..........................
    It is but....its not as FUN.

It is but....its not as FUN.
    Yeah, it's become almost a tongue-in-cheek joke to me anytime I see that abbreviation. Because the POS is obviously so behind the times and unstable
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Yeah, it's become almost a tongue-in-cheek joke to me anytime I see that abbreviation. Because the POS is obviously so behind the times and unstable
    I agree but you gotta like how 'clean' the OS is.

Yeah, I get a good snicker out of it too. But, like T2, I enjoy the double entendre. It has a sort of symbiotic quality. I mean, the thousands of third party apps, hundreds of forums and user groups and countless hours of frustrated enjoyment are all at least partly driven by its POS-ness. No?
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    I'm glad im not the only one
    Misery loves company

Misery loves company
    There we have it. . . . .the reason TC Discussion exists!

(Couldn't resist.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    There we have it. . . . .the reason TC Discussion exists!

(Couldn't resist.)

Cheers, Perry.
    In a way its very true...we can carry on because we know we aren't the only ones.

I have to look at the thread every time, I see POS exactly as Piece Of S### and for some odd reason my brain will refuse to see it as something else until I actually read the thread. I think go "Oh...they're talking about Palm OS, not the other" and go about life as usual.
    POS is a fitting name for the operating system, because that's exactly what it is...A PIECE OF S**T!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast