Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    MJSgl, thanks a lot, now my wife is asking me why I am sitting here reading my treo, laffing my *** off.
    I say we invoke the "Santa Clause" and pass the torch from Tim Allen to theBlaze74.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Man, the trolls are out in force this weekend.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Insertion, Eric Meyer is the authority on CSS. http://www.meyerweb.com/

I dont remember calling anybody a hick or a rube.
    Never said you did. It was an analogy. So that's the guy who forced me into taking meyerweb.net, huh?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5.    #65  
    Yeah, I've got some of Eric Meyer's books.

You know I wonder if there is a thread somewhere where those that did not believe slinky are cast off as trolls?

That being said, i sure hope these rumors are true because i pretty much use my treo as an "ipod killer" for listening to radio shows and music in my car & at home. I bought a stereo bluetooth reciever only to find out that the 700w does not have "stereo over bluetooth" ability, and one of the top secret images shows bluetooth 2.0.

Of course I guess bluetooth 2.0 does not mean POS will necissarily support the profile. I know it's scheduled to come out later this year in a Windows Mobile Patch.
    Yeah, I've got some of Eric Meyer's books.

You know I wonder if there is a thread somewhere where those that did not believe slinky are cast off as trolls?
    Not that I recall. There was a lot of skepticism about that post, and a lot of wishing and hoping. And, if you've gone back and looked at the 700P thread, you saw there was a lot of skepticism about that phone (including mine) until Shadowmite reported on his findings. Nobody flamed or criticized the the doubters, however.

It wasn't your skepticism that got you flamed, it was your attititude. You came in here as an admitted newbie and started making fun of people's online ids (at least that's the way it came across), and questioning the credibility of almost everyone. When coming in to a new place, physical or virtual, it's generally better to start off cautiously and politely, rather than antagonizing everyone in sight (or in the site).
    Bob Meyer
  7.    #67  
    with all due respect, spare me the lecture, we all have the same right to come here and share our opinion, sorry if mine offends you
    with all due respect, spare me the lecture, we all have the same right to come here and share our opinion, sorry if mine offends you

Absolutely!

And others have the right to feel you were rude. Sorry if that offends you.

At this point, I think we just have to agree to disagree and move on.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/27/2006 at 08:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar
    Trolling or not, theBlaze has a point that we often forget how we sound to "outsiders". And we shouldn't get defensive when they question the information dug up on this site or the sources.

Speaking of information on this site, what do you guys think about the new pics of the 900P? That Shadowmite really knows his stuff
    I agree completely. Although, they don't have to come off as condescending like we're a bunch of children talking about the Tooth Fairy
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  10.    #70  
    lol, Santa Clause, not the tooth fairy
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    lol, Santa Clause, not the tooth fairy

Me thinks Slinky doth miss the limelight!

Anyone ales notice the theblaze74 went out of his way to misspell Slinky's name and also misnamed Shadowmite all while asking "apparently" innocent yet skeptical questions?

If someone does an IO check I bet it will lead back to our old frined.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    You really don't f'ing get it, do you. It's not your bloody opinion that anyone cares about. It's your bloody f'ing arrogance. **** off, I'm adding you to my kill list. When you've proven you actually have some information worth sharing, as opposed to opinions to preach, maybe people here will take you more seriously.
    Bob Meyer
    What's an IO check?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    You really don't f'ing get it, do you. It's not your bloody opinion that anyone cares about. It's your bloody f'ing arrogance. **** off, I'm adding you to my kill list. When you've proven you actually have some information worth sharing, as opposed to opinions to preach, maybe people here will take you more seriously.
    yikes, i think i've stumbled on some kind of underground cellphone religion
    I didn't believe Slinky, I took it for the joke that it was, and I have yet to be cast off as a troll.

As meyerweb said, the flames headed your way have nothing to do with your opinions, God knows we've put up with some real whackjobs in OT, the flames are for your attitude.

You're a noob. Show some respect to those that have come before you. Know your role. And STFU.

And Slinky, if this is you, this is really pathetic.
    I'm back!
    Time to cool things off. Thread closed.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234