Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    Please don't tell Perry that it may be imaginary. I don't think he's prepared for that!

If 700P is imaginary. . . . . so am I.

BTW -- I thought we had moved on from "IF" to "WHEN?"
  2.    #22  
    "I thought we had moved on from "IF" to "WHEN?""

Lol, Perry, this is why i started the thread, it seemed to me this board had moved on from IF to WHEN based on conjecture, rumors, and evidenced gleaned from links to other threads of members making more rumors and conjecture.

Yes JackNaylorPE, i agree with your post. Given the popularity and brand loyalty of Palm Treo there most certainly WILL be future palm treo models. And 800 IS 100 higher than 700. That much we can agree on.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    And 800 IS 100 higher than 700. That much we can agree on.
    Last night I was a little high myself .... via Grand Marnier
    "I thought we had moved on from "IF" to "WHEN?""

Lol, Perry, this is why i started the thread, it seemed to me this board had moved on from IF to WHEN based on conjecture, rumors, and evidenced gleaned from links to other threads of members making more rumors and conjecture.

Yes JackNaylorPE, i agree with your post. Given the popularity and brand loyalty of Palm Treo there most certainly WILL be future palm treo models. And 800 IS 100 higher than 700. That much we can agree on.
    Shadowmite was able to pull files off of Merlyn's 700P.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Shadowmite was able to pull files off of Merlyn's 700P.
    And Ed C. was quoted as saying they would deliver one more PalmOS Treo (this year) for that loyal consumer base while PALM/LINUX (ALP) is delivered.

IF is no longer a question !!!!

Let's talk about the flashing Gold Bell thingie.

Cheers, Perry

(BTW -- do you honestly believe that this forum of collective skeptics would move en mass from IF to WHEN unless the scales had not truly tipped in that direction?) Yes - I was an army of one in my 700P belief for awhile -- this is no longer the case, the legions have arrived.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/25/2006 at 04:28 PM.
  6.    #26  
    So now we have ... We know a 700p exists because IsLNdbOi has reported that Merlyn told him that Shadowmite got files from Merlyn's 700p.

Do you also have a link to another thread where Merly is telling this to Shadowmite? Or perhaps a thread of somebody else talking about the files he got? Or maybe an article at blog.treonauts.com summarizing our talk about the files that IsLNdbOi told us he heard Merlyn got from SHadowMites 700p?
    So now we have ... We know a 700p exists because IsLNdbOi has reported that Merlyn told him that Shadowmite got files from Merlyn's 700p.

Do you also have a link to another thread where Merly is telling this to Shadowmite? Or perhaps a thread of somebody else talking about the files he got? Or maybe an article at blog.treonauts.com summarizing our talk about the files that IsLNdbOi told us he heard Merlyn got from SHadowMites 700p?
    You missed the Friday night live chat where they dissected the poor little critter. If you doubt Shadow -- I can stop typing now. He posted several times in the below thread and others on the topic of the 700P.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106268
    This was the TC thread -- the live chat happened elsewhere.

Cheers, Perry

Andrew at Treonauts believes . . . . . check his site and scroll to the bottom, it is the last article currently available on the main screen at the moment. . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/25/2006 at 03:44 PM.
  8.    #28  
    "And Ed C. was quoted as saying they would deliver one more PalmOS Treo (this year) for that loyal conumer base while PALM/LINUX (ALP) is delivered."

Ok, now that would be a little more concrete, but all i see is some more articles on engadget about an email that Ed Colligan sent to some developers, however its not an open letter, and its not posted on the palm site.

The most legit thing I've found so far is, him telling PalmAddicts "We [Palm] are committed to Palm OS, and we believe WiFi is critical technology for future products. Both technologies are on our roadmap."
    You are correct. There has been no official announcement of the 700P. That is an undisputable fact.

Cheers, Perry.

Sorry you missed the IRC chat that Friday night.
    There are always people out there who won't believe in a product's existence until they're holding it in their hands; these are the same kind of people who don't normally do well in the stock market...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Perry, you are wasting your breath on a person who's skepticism borders on trolling.

Blaze, please do some searches before expecting everyone else to deliver evidence to yourself. I suggest this 1000 post thread. Should keep you busy for the weekend.

Surur
    Thus, Post #29.

Hi Surur!

Your first post, and you start out by questioning the credibility, and the knowledge, of people you know nothing about. Cojones yes. Smarts, no. I hope you put more effort into understanding the requirements of the software you write than you did into forming your opinions about the 700P.

If you knew even a little bit about Shadowmite's background, and his contributions to the Treo community, you'd understand why we consider his posts to be so credible.

Think about some of the most respected members of the .net community, and the respect you'd give their statements. That's Shadomite. He's got more credibility with his guesses than you have in your best moments. Especially after starting this thread.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Thanks NJ,

honestly if this device comes about, i would be interested in the bigger screen, and as long as i could still use terminal services, edvo, active sync, and divx video, streaming sirius, i would see about selling my wife's 700w, and get her the 800p so that i could compare. As i said, these things are really cool. I think im hooked.
    Well on Palm OS forget about the Sirius as in it's current form the Palm OS doesn't stream. Also Active Sync is really HotSync on the Palm side but basicallyt the same function.
  16.    #36  
    Sursur,

Yes i saw the thread. 1000 posts, yes I admit i did not read it all before posting. You got me.

Meyer,

I see. No disrespect to Mister Shadow. I am sure hes a very accomplished ....... palm .... fan? expert? developer. I just wanted to see if there were any objective facts that dont involve what the shadow thinks about Merlin's secret photos.

Furthermore i see now that the title of this section of the board is "Rumors and speculation on future Treo models". In reading through the posts more, this makes a little more sense. Also, as i said, far from being here just to stir S up, if what im reading about this treo is true, ill be the first one to buy.

By the way, Meyer ... you are not Eric Meyer are you?
    Actually, I think a sticky at the top of this forum laying out the current facts as we know them would be highly beneficial. We can't expect everyone out there to be as obsessed as we are.

Here is the current state of reliable info...

A Palm OS next-gen Treo which looks just like the 700w (and may be called the 700p but may be called something else) with OS5/Garnet and a 320x320 screen but otherwise identical hardware features as the 700w is currently in testing with Sprint (per reliable source Shadowmite).

Whether it will ever be released by Sprint is not a definite (note that the Sony-Ericsson T608 was almost never released by Sprint but they had already bought a boatload of them and decided to sell them rather than lose their money altogether).

My hunch is that it will be released. When? No idea. Here we're lacking in definitive info.

Beyond that? Who knows. But I personally think it would be foolish for Palm not to release additional Palm OS devices because: a) There's a loyal following and WM still has significant UI issues, b) Palm has the Palm OS market to itself whereas they're just one among many in the WM economy.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    One more point of clarification, Shadow was not just looking at a picture, he actually got to see what files were in ROM and given that he also has had a 700P beta in his hand, as well, convinced him and the TreoCentral community that the 700P that Merlyn had was a legit beta.

Cheers, Perry
    Also the Fat32 SD driver for the Treo 650 released by Shadowmite a day or two after he was involved with the Treo 700p most likely came from there, although for deniability he also said it could also have been from the LD (but no one believes that).

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Also the Fat32 SD driver for the Treo 650 released by Shadowmite a day or two after he was involved with the Treo 700p most likely came from there, although for deniability he also said it could also have been from the LD (but no one believes that).

Surur

I do!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast