Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Check this story I just found on Yahoo posted this morning. I don't think I will ever trust Yahoo! as a news source again!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/gizmodo/2006...o800pconfirmed
    At least they linked the article. I wonder if they bothered to read the red bold type in the first post. . . . .
    morAns!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    What the hell has happened to journalism when it comes to technology these days? First of all, I was shocked to see like half the tech sites on the web pick up Slinky's story, but now Yahoo? Ya-freaking-hoo!? And not only that, but they posted the story today, with a link to Slinky's story, which means that either they're incredibly friggin' stupid, or they completely ignored the whole part in big red text about the story being fake. And their headline is "Palm Treo 800p Confirmed"!?

F**cking idiots
    Last edited by ShannonElements; 02/24/2006 at 02:21 PM.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Thats it, am canceling my Yahoo account.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Thats it, am canceling my Yahoo account.
    If you're serious, I HIGHLY recommend Gmail. I'm a former Yahoo user myself(as well as a multitude of others), and let me tell you, as far as web interfaces are concerned, it doesn't get any better than Gmail. Now if they'd just add IMAP(which I'm sure is coming). I can send you an invite if you want - just PM me.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Yeah, I saw this about 3 hours ago, and almost jumped out of my seat. Then I saw "3.2 megapixel camera" and "March 15" and remembered that those sounded suspiciously familiar.

Then I proceeded to yell "SLINKY!!!" (a la George Constanza with the Twix bar) as loud as I could from my desk at work.

The timing of Yahoo's post is definitely strange.
    I'm back!
    Wow, that is just pathetic.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

They're leeching off a Gizmodo feed, so it's not like "breaking" the story. But still, some a-hole should be watching these things

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    They're leeching off a Gizmodo feed, so it's not like "breaking" the story. But still, some a-hole should be watching these things
    True, they're leeching off Gizmodo, but this became a non-story 2 or 3 weeks ago. So either they're inept at validating their feeds, or just slow to the party.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    True, they're leeching off Gizmodo, but this became a non-story 2 or 3 weeks ago. So either they're inept at validating their feeds, or just slow to the party.
    That's why I said some a-hole should be watching for these things.

Pay attention, Strongbreath!

Or maybe Slinky now works at Yahoo and is just "kidding" with a new audience. . . . . .

He would be saying: "It was obviously a joke, didn't they read the link?"

I suppose they don't have any kind of Q&A department over there at Yahoo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    That's why I said some a-hole should be watching for these things.

Pay attention, Strongbreath!
    **** you, Insertion!

Of course do not tell me of pay attention, fooll!!!11one1!
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    **** you, Insertion!

Of course do not tell me of pay attention, fooll!!!11one1!
    I know of **** you. Fooll<shift>One!11!

If Strongbreath so smart, why not tell Yahoo of 800?

Time Out, 5 minutes each!
    ooga booga
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I am boy
    I gotta have more cowbell
    hi collin!

Hi Thais.
    I'm back!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast