Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    thais??!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I know of **** you. Fooll<shift>One!11!

If Strongbreath so smart, why not tell Yahoo of 800?
    YAHOO, NO 800P!!!ONE11ONE@!!
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    hey, oliver, are you there?!!11. check out da 800p!!!1
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    If you're serious, I HIGHLY recommend Gmail. I'm a former Yahoo user myself(as well as a multitude of others), and let me tell you, as far as web interfaces are concerned, it doesn't get any better than Gmail. Now if they'd just add IMAP(which I'm sure is coming). I can send you an invite if you want - just PM me.
    I actually have a Gmail account, but haven't used it due to the ads. Are they still using ads on e-mail? I am fed up with yahoo especially how they charge you for POP access and Forwarding which you can't use both features at the same time. Furthermore if you forward messages they will NOT leave a copy on there server. It's hard giving up a 10 year old account but I see it coming.

I actually just got a IMAP account with fastmail, but am not crazy about how it handles deleted messages from Chatter, it puts a black line through the email.

I think the set up is to have gmail forwarded to Fastmail IMAP and view messages on Gmail interface and get push mail to chatter.

OK am done hijacking the thread.............Sorry
    Now we just need BusinessWeek to "comfirm" it then Palm will have no choice but actually produce it.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I would not be surprised to see 60 minutes run an expose on the 800
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    This thread just made me sign up for three Yahoo accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I actually have a Gmail account, but haven't used it due to the ads. Are they still using ads on e-mail?

[snip]

I think the set up is to have gmail forwarded to Fastmail IMAP and view messages on Gmail interface and get push mail to chatter.
    Gmail has ads, but only on the side of the window, not in the emails themselves. The ads are quite unobtrusive - I don't even notice them.

Regarding the Fastmail IMAP and Gmail set-up, that's how I use it with Chatter. Works great.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Gmail has ads, but only on the side of the window, not in the emails themselves. The ads are quite unobtrusive - I don't even notice them.

Regarding the Fastmail IMAP and Gmail set-up, that's how I use it with Chatter. Works great.
    Like Heberman says, the ads are quite unobtrusive. I had to actually go back into my account and look just to confirm that there were ads there, if that tells you anything about just how unobtrusive they are. And sometimes they can be pretty helpful anyway. I use the same Chattermail set-up as Heberman, and it's awesome.

Anyway, don't wanna hijack this thread TOO much: Yahoo sucks.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Well at least they linked to the original thread with the big bold red text!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The next place to see this thread.......................The Onion.............
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Hi Thais.

kisses
    It's not the only one. ALL the "news" about future treo's that run Palm OS link back to this board as a source, then some of the board members post links back to the "news" stories.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12