Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    now that they are a hardware company exclusively, does palm have more time and resources to devote toward development of larger numbers of new devices with each successive release deadline? in order to appeal to several different niches in the marketplace, this would make sense to me.

instead of one or two new pdas and one new treo year, is it reasonable to expect to see around 3 new types of pdas and 3 new types of treos per release in the coming years? maybe even 1 new pda per year and 5 new treo models at a time since the marketplace is shifting interest from pdas to smartphones.
    I'm just curious as to what direction people think palm will go in now that they have been divorced from palmsource for quite some time.
    as for the department responsible for developing the blazer browser software, I'm also curious as to how palm will improve on its browser application. personally, I'd love for palm to combine the speed of webviewer or xiino, with the interface of blazer - they'd have a killer web browser. add ev-do to that, and we're really talkin.
    treonauts' latest article mentions revolutionary new memory chips which are being developed - 4 to 8 gigabit chips designed for multimedia.
    I know palm's ability to innovate is, to a large degree, limited by the level of technology available today - (capacities of current memory chips, processing speeds, screen res, etc. and the costs of the components so they can sell products for profit at competitive prices ) - but is palm advancing their plans for future devices ahead of what will be available or do they simply design products based on what is available today, or at the time?
    I'd like to believe that palm would begin to develop blueprints for devices that will take advantage of these future memory chips or processors now, rather than waiting a year or two after they've been introduced to the market.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    oh man! sorry mods! my treo got seemed to freeze up as I tried submitting the thread, so I kept hitting the "submit" key to get it thru and I accidently send duplicate threads through. damn!
    sorry about this.
    It's not your fault. I guessing at certain point in time at night, TC servers start the backup which momentarily freezes the system. Unfortunately, impact to you is that your Treo froze or cannot connect.

All dupes deleted.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    thanks ronbo!