Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    According to PCWorld:

"...according to a Palm spokesperson, no new Palm-based Treos are due before mid 2006."

Link: http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,124549,00.asp

The rest of the article is pretty good. Talks about replacing a laptop with a 650.
    Palminfocenter states that they are trying to verify PCWorld's claim about mid 2006.

I hope they are wrong and Perry is right!
    That seems consistent....there's a bunch of other threads postulating dates after "July 1st"
    LOL, he actually got the Versamail auto sync to work. Give it a few more weeks.

I could live with July 1 but not a day later.
    If you divide a year into three parts, the "mid" part is May, June, July, and August. . . . . . . .

If they are going to release 4 Treo's this year and are "spreading" the manufacturing, cash flow, sales and releases out evenly:

The 700W was the first week in January. . . . . . .

So what is coming out the 1st week of April?

Cheers, Perry

(Of course, my "announce" date prediction of 2/22 was right on target.)

I still believe in APRIL !!

Geez -- I have lost track of how many times I have saved and spent my 700P $450 during this Silly Season.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/23/2006 at 10:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    OK - you call a "Palm spokeperson", identify yourself as a writer for PCWorld doing an article on Treos as substitutes for laptops.

"So, Mister/MS spokesperson, how soon do you think we will see a new Palm OS Treo to replace the 650? There have been many rumors. What can you tell me?"

Palm Spokeperson thinks: (SH*T! I better be careful what I say to this guy. I am under orders to not reveal the release dates. And I don't want to cause a mass migration to the W side because we DO have a P side model coming out. That would be my a**! Better be safely conservative and vague (that's what I am good at, being a spokeperson and all).

Says: "Uh...cough...cough...Uh..not before mid-year. Yeah, that's it! Not before mid-year."

Perry, I think your guess is as good as the PC World writer's statement.
    Shadowmite was leaning towards May -- given that they were in the initial stages of testing when he made that speculation. . . .
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Thank God.
    I read this as good news and confirmation that there will indeed be a Treo 700p or whatever it will be called (my bet is on 750). We've gone beyond the plausible deniability stage to the bickering about release dates stage. It will happen. My Treo 600 will hold out until then. Perry will wait for his just reward.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    By then I may have switched over to WM5.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    By then I may have switched over to WM5.
    If you only knew, the power of the dark side...........
    Contemplating...contemplating...

I'm excited that there is some sort of news, but I'd hate to wait and find out there is no wi-fi.

Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    Contemplating...contemplating...

I'm excited that there is some sort of news, but I'd hate to wait and find out there is no wi-fi.

Hmm...
    Let me just say, palm is NOT going to have wifi in this 700p built in that we know of. I seriously doubt they would add it either after a few test models have not had it, nor the 700w.

Palm has in the past released a 600 and a 650 model saying they would be capable of third party sdio devices... They never have worked with wifi.

Would you really trust that if they came out with a 700 and said that it would work?
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    My Treo 600 will hold out until then. Perry will wait for his just reward.
    I think my 600 will hold out too. But I want something new soon. Meanwhile, Perry will probably have another 1000 or so posts until then, so we won't get bored. Who knows how many times VKjunior will put him back in the PPR by then.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Let me just say, palm is NOT going to have wifi in this 700p built in that we know of. I seriously doubt they would add it either after a few test models have not had it, nor the 700w.

Palm has in the past released a 600 and a 650 model saying they would be capable of third party sdio devices... They never have worked with wifi.

Would you really trust that if they came out with a 700 and said that it would work?
    Oh so very true - good point.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    This is terrible news. I too am still on my treo 600. As much as I love this thing, I really love the beautiful screen on the 650. I wanted to wait until the 700 came out so I could upgrade, skipping the 650 all together. Now I don't know if I can wait that long, but as soon as I buy the 650, you KNOW they are going to release the 700 exactly 1 month after. Just long enough that I can't return my 650! What a dilemma....
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    They better pray Apple don't come out with an iPhone, becuase I don't think I can wait 5 more months.

The god for saken audio jack on my replacement 650 is dying again.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    If you divide a year into three parts, the "mid" part is May, June, July, and August. . . . . . . .
    Have you met a PRPRPR $guy$ $who$ $gives$ $pessimistic$ $estamate$? $If$ $the$ $phone$ $come$ $out$ $at$ $May$, $they$ $would$ $have$ $said$ &$quot$;$coming$ $out$ $early$ $2006$.&$quot$;
    Last edited by whatever7; 02/23/2006 at 02:07 PM.
    Anybody else listening to the conference, some juicy stuff
    Shadowmite was leaning towards May -- given that they were in the initial stages of testing when he made that speculation. . . .

Perry will need more "P" in his "PPR" if it's July 1
    So what is coming out the 1st week of April?
    VikingJr an Perry will be allowed to come out of pink rubber room for some fresh air

I think Palm Execs are having too much fun torturing Perry and VikingJr.....
    The only think that could possibily lure me away from a Treo, is a true smartphone that works with iTunes. But my money is a Palm OS Treo winning the race, assuming nothing is being introduced by Apple on February 28th..............
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast