View Poll Results: Is the Treo becoming the iPod of the business community?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    33 67.35%
  • No

    16 32.65%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    What is interesting is the common experience and parlance of the Treo user: I was sitting in the airport in Chicago th eother day and overheard a Treo user complaining to what I guess was his secretary that twice that day he had a reset on an incoming call.. Seems resets are an expected, annoying and unavoidable aspect of the Treo's penetrance into common use.


    14 months.


    Not one reset on an incoming call, maybe three during the whole period.

    (People do not come to this forum to praise Ceasar.)

    Cheers, Perry.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    You have to be young and hip to own an iPod?
    Yes. Isn't that what the commercials are telling us?

    I'm back!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    14 months.


    Not one reset on an incoming call, maybe three during the whole period.

    (People do not come to this forum to praise Ceasar.)

    Cheers, Perry.
    You've never used Lightwav, mRing, or Ringo, have you Perry?

    My 650 resets all the time, and like Gasmeister, I've come to accept it as part of the burden of owning a Treo. The only time it truly bothers me is when it resets on an incoming call, which, even after uninstalling the above software, it still does from time to time, although with much less frequency.

    I just about threw my 650 out of the car window once when it reset on an incoming call. That's about the only behavior I find truly intolerable.
    I'm back!
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    What is interesting is the common experience and parlance of the Treo user: I was sitting in the airport in Chicago th eother day and overheard a Treo user complaining to what I guess was his secretary that twice that day he had a reset on an incoming call.. Seems resets are an expected, annoying and unavoidable aspect of the Treo's penetrance into common use.

    my treo 700w has never reset. never. unbelievable, but true.
  5. #25  
    I'm 24 and at one time I had a Treo 650 and a 2nd Gen Ipod 10gb...

    Shame i had to sell them off... now i have a Tungsten T2 with a 1gb SD card... not horrable but def a down grade...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    my treo 700w has never reset. never. unbelievable, but true.
    Reason enough for me to make the switch when it comes to Sprint.
    I'm back!
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    You've never used Lightwav, mRing, or Ringo, have you Perry?

    How'd you know?

    I run with the basic PIMs, DTG, Pocket Quicken, eReaderPro, HandMark Express, VersaMail, Voice Dial, Real Player, TS Mobile (main frame access to work) and many other apps that have been battled tested for over three years or more on the PDA side.

    I don't have as much fun as y'all living on the bleeding edge with software, but, on the flip side, not as much pain either.

    Cheers, Perry.
  8. #28  
    The Blackberry is the ipod of the business world, period. Treo use is but a nit cmpared to blackberry.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Yeah, like she's the person in her avatar...
    That's a photo from 2 years ago. I think I'm going to put up a newer one soon.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Yes. Isn't that what the commercials are telling us?

    The Wynton Marsalis ad speaks differently though. I'm not sure too many young people know who he is! I could be wrong though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Your disdain for the Treo is so thick it can be cut with a spork...
    Well, he's got a point though... you don't get a nickname like Crackberry and a RSI condition named after you without some recognition of your status in the market. []

    I also think their disdain for more or less crappy OS stability is warranted. Palm/PalmSource/whoever should have resolved that a LONG time ago. It is, quite frankly, inexcusable.
  12. #32  
    To me it is! I just purchase my Treo 650 the other day. Previously, I had been considering getting an iPod, but when my Palm T3 died the other day, I thought I should give the Treo 650 a look. Well, I'm glad I did! It's my phone, PDA, and iPod all wrapped in one device...sweet! I just signed up on this forum and look forward to learning a lot about this cool device I have.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    You've never used Lightwav, mRing, or Ringo, have you Perry?

    My 650 resets all the time, and like Gasmeister, I've come to accept it as part of the burden of owning a Treo. The only time it truly bothers me is when it resets on an incoming call, which, even after uninstalling the above software, it still does from time to time, although with much less frequency.

    I just about threw my 650 out of the car window once when it reset on an incoming call. That's about the only behavior I find truly intolerable.
    Mine almost never resets. I'm guessing once a week or so. The occasional soft reset is healthy, in my opinion. I guess it's just a matter of what apps you have on your Treo and how you use it. Also, my Treo has NEVER reset during an incoming call.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    Well, he's got a point though... you don't get a nickname like Crackberry and a RSI condition named after you without some recognition of your status in the market. []

    I also think their disdain for more or less crappy OS stability is warranted. Palm/PalmSource/whoever should have resolved that a LONG time ago. It is, quite frankly, inexcusable.
    Well, if you guys really dislike the Treo so much then what the hell are you doing here? Just spreading dissent or what?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  15. #35  
    I own the 650 and the 60GB Video Ipod. I hope you don't have to be young or hip, I'm no longer young, and soon I will worry about breaking my hip. I plan on collecting gadgets for my great, great grandkids, age has nothing to do with it.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Your disdain for the Treo is so thick it can be cut with a spork...
    Truly there are times when I want to slam the f&#*@r into a wall, especially when it resets when an incoming call or message comes in, but my "disdain", as you call it, is mostly held in check by the realization that, despite its many shortcomings, there is no better convergence device out there. So there!
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Well, if you guys really dislike the Treo so much then what the hell are you doing here? Just spreading dissent or what?
    Oh, so if one wants to criticize the Treo, ther's no place for one here? What kind of koolaid you drinking, Shannon?
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    Truly there are times when I want to slam the f&#*@r into a wall, especially when it resets when an incoming call or message comes in, but my "disdain", as you call it, is mostly held in check by the realization that, despite its many shortcomings, there is no better convergence device out there. So there!
    Well, it's good to see that you haven't been completely lost
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    Oh, so if one wants to criticize the Treo, ther's no place for one here? What kind of koolaid you drinking, Shannon?
    Grape mainly...


    I'm not saying you can't criticize the Treo; on the contrary. It's just that I'm surprised that some people here even still own one, with as much complaining they do about it.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    You have to be young and hip to own an iPod?
    My Uncle is 63 and is on his second iPod. My step-father is 62 and has an iPod mini.

    I think the Blackberry is still tops in the business community, but the Treo has higher potential.............
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions