1.    #1  
    You know what I am wondering, and perhaps someone here has an answer. I downloaded VeriChat and finally sucked it up and paid for the license as being on the road I needed to provide support to clients, but, how is it Palm charges for a program that everyone else lets you download free?

Did I make a mistake? Are these IM programs available elsewhere and for no charge? It is hard to believe that I have to pay for it yearly, and not quite sure that I will.

Still somewhat of a newbie....so, forgive me if I have wasted a few dollars on a program.
    Craig M.
    Former Treo600 User
    No Longer Using a Treo, but Checking the Forums for Updates and such!
    a free aim alternative would be toccer.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I have my license now, but may wait till the end of the contract. The great thing about VersaChat is it has AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and ICQ. This is quite handy, but to pay yearly seems a bit ridiculous.
    Craig M.
    Former Treo600 User
    No Longer Using a Treo, but Checking the Forums for Updates and such!
    Plam's not charging you, the company that developed VeriChat is. I'm not sure who you're with, but with Sprint, you can go to their home mobile page and go to messenging. I think you can log into all 4 of those, not really sure. It's free, but it's not as easy to use as VeriChat. There are other alternatives out there that many have gone to, mainly because they say VeriChat crashes. I haven't had it crash on me after updating the ROM and doing a hard reset. Although, I don't use it often. During the trial period, I was, but I've gotten too busy with school and work.
    Refer to this post:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=50

There are various individual freeware alternatives out there as listed...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions