Different is not always bad. I am very, very different from your Mom, but am still a cool person.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    still looks basic and old.
    I really hope they don't move to hard key driven menus (as the audio player pic seems to imply). To my mind the on-screen focus ring navigation is the best thing about the Garnet UI. Not worried about the looks so much (the Garnet look is pretty dated at this point anyway) but I hope they retain the usability of the current POS GUI.
    Gotta love those automated translations:

'ACCESS Linux Platform - porridge from the axe'

Be nice to have an OS with a touch of surreality
  5.    #6  
    The screen appears to be 240x320. Wonder what this means for POS software compatibility.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    The screen appears to be 240x320. Wonder what this means for POS software compatibility.
    If the PIC caption is to be believed the memo app is running in the ALP emulator. Seems to be 240X240 with a big blank bit (240x80) at the bottom. I'd imagine Access are hoping that the major POS software developers move their apps to MAX and will run at whatever resolutions are supported.
    the first screen shot makes me think the new pos will be really geared towards a younger crowd, like in the 5-10 year old crowd
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    As hard as it is for me to be saying this... it doesn't look good
    at all. It appears to have to worst of it... the UI complexity of
    WM with a toylike interface.

- mvk
    A plan cell phone looks better than that crap. This looks like what some of those assembly games people used to play on their graphing calculators.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Shouldn't someone have considered an icon that did not read "POS"?

Why give the haters a softball like that?

I don't hate, but I don't love either... How very "elected official" of me.
    wow, I never thought when I bought my 650 that a year later we would actually be further backward in technology.
    Oh wow! Even more screenshots of MAX appear. Now this could get very very interesting.

Even More ALPOs Screenshots
    Patrick Horne
    surur, I think there's still some question as to whether any of MAX was demonstrated. It sounds like MAX = Rome = still in brainstorming mode.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    This is the first release the public has seen... I hate what I see but I understand that it'll be a year until this is ready for prime time. Though I think I see one thing clearly. There is no more Palm OS. there is just an emulator for programs that were written for a OS that is 5 years old...

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith
    Oh wow! Even more screenshots of MAX appear. Now this could get very very interesting.

Even More ALPOs Screenshots
    This couldn't get any better if we were writing the script:

POS is replaced by ALPO......

Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    thanks but no thanks, i will not wait for 2007 to get this, and wait for 2008 for them to get it right.

looks like i am closer and closer to getting a 700w.