1.    #1  
    First off, I'm new.. and I apologize if this has been spoken about, but I searched first and couldn't find anything related. I just got a Treo 650 and am looking to take pictures off my digital camera, and put as contacts. I don't want to freeze up the treo. I bought a 2gig SD card so size isn't a problem in that aspect, but I don't want it to take forever to load. So pixel size, and memory size what do you think would be best? Thanks
    Be right back, Palm has a page on this. Whether you take pictures with your camera, or assign a picture from the SD card -- all that is kept on the Treo (within the contacts app) is a very minimal size thumbnail of the original picture. . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ontact+picture

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/21/2006 at 09:31 AM.
  3.    #3  
    thank you
    My two year old Sony k700i dumb phone let me assign animated gif as the contact avatar. I wish any of these smartphones let me do it.

I downloaded so many hilarious gif on that phone.
    Would be nice tho if peeps know what size those thumbnails are so they could reduce the photo down to that size.....can't imagine utting 1500 photos on my SD card. Personally, I have no real use for the feature but if someone wanted to do it, size could be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Would be nice tho if peeps know what size those thumbnails are so they could reduce the photo down to that size.....can't imagine utting 1500 photos on my SD card. Personally, I have no real use for the feature but if someone wanted to do it, size could be a problem.
    The thumbnail stays in the Treo's contact database . . .even if you remove the "parent" picture from the SD card. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .