Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1.    #1  
    I've read on different thread that Palm is offering the Treo 650 at a ridiculus cheap price in all markets including Europe:
    http://euro.palm.com/uk/en/privatesales/index.html
    I think on the Treocentral front page it was posted that Sprint was selling it for $99?? Wha'ts next Free after rebates?? Any way it is pretty clear that they are making room for the 700p. Has anybody else seen signs from Palm that makes you believe that Palm is making room for the Treo 700p?

    Al
  2. KMac's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    #2  
    I think they are clearing them in preparation to launch the 700w on other networks than Verizon in March or April.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmac
    I think they are clearing them in preparation to launch the 700w on other networks than Verizon in March or April.
    Well, Shadowmite has said they have not even begun testing a 700W on the Sprint network, whereas a 700P is in testing on the Sprint network. So, if they are clearing the decks at Sprint of 650s -- then indications would be that it is for the introduction of the 700p.

    Cheers, Perry.
  4. #4  
    Split personality today?
  5. iramike's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    #5  
    Which I wonder would most people like to see a 700p or a 700w show up on more networks. I am sure it is split down the middle on what people want. I am also sure there are a lot of die hard POS fans that just want some small features like EVDO and such. The next several months will be interesting.
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict


    The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike
    Which I wonder would most people like to see a 700p or a 700w show up on more networks. I am sure it is split down the middle on what people want. I am also sure there are a lot of die hard POS fans that just want some small features like EVDO and such. The next several months will be interesting.
    Not quite down the middle.....88.4% of the US peeps picked Palm OS in this poll....87% outside of US.

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?p=910473
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I've read on different thread that Palm is offering the Treo 650 at a ridiculus cheap price in all markets including Europe:
    http://euro.palm.com/uk/en/privatesales/index.html
    I think on the Treocentral front page it was posted that Sprint was selling it for $99?? Wha'ts next Free after rebates??
    You can get it for "free" now:

    http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?...artner=palmone

    (not really free of course because you have to sign a 12-month contract)

    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Any way it is pretty clear that they are making room for the 700p.
    If your theory is right then the reduced price in Europe implies a GSM device is coming
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol
    You can get it for "free" now:

    http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?...artner=palmone

    (not really free of course because you have to sign a 12-month contract)



    If your theory is right then the reduced price in Europe implies a GSM device is coming
    What is with this?

    Monthly Rental/Charge


    You don't own the phone? like you have to turn it in when you end a contact?

    I've never hear of that one in the states b4

    Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  9. #9  
    As for the 700w, I already have Bill in all my computers. I definitely DON'T want him in my smartphone, TOO!!!

    ez
  10. #10  
    Has anyone heard the rumor that Verizon won't carry the 700P at all and has its eggs in the 700W market. If so I am out of Verizon as soon as Cingular or unlocked GSM 700P are available. Knowing Verizons track record I believe this to be true. Please someone tell me it isn't so if you have real info.

    Thanks

    Marv
  11. #11  
    That would be a major-league bummer... I hope that is wrong.
    I stayed with Verizon, waiting patiently forever for them to finally get the 650.
    Even pay the inflated $45 a month non-EVDO data costs, despite Sprint being cheaper.
    If they are that in bed with Bill G that they won't release a 700P if one becomes available... even after Sprint or somebody has had an exclusivisity period, I'd have a hard time finding a reason to stay with them.

    Now, I gotta get 2 years at least out of my phones. I just can't justify getting one any sooner. So, I will not be getting the 700P right away. But when I am ready, Verizon better have one (or an 800P or whatever). And I hope they will have EVDO data at the same $45 a month price, or less.
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by marvw
    Has anyone heard the rumor that Verizon won't carry the 700P at all and has its eggs in the 700W market. If so I am out of Verizon as soon as Cingular or unlocked GSM 700P are available. Knowing Verizons track record I believe this to be true. Please someone tell me it isn't so if you have real info.

    Thanks

    Marv
    This is not real information -- but the leaks have said that (1) Sprint and Verizon would get the 700P at the same time or (2) that Sprint would get it first and then the two companies would swap getting the other version.

    Either way -- I would be very surprised if Verizon went "W" only. W was supposed to be the item to break into corporate IT departments, not a replacement for the Palm version. Verizon has sold alot of 650s -- I cannot see them walking away from that Palm user base.

    Just one man's opinion.

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/20/2006 at 10:11 PM.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by marvw
    Has anyone heard the rumor that Verizon won't carry the 700P at all and has its eggs in the 700W market. If so I am out of Verizon as soon as Cingular or unlocked GSM 700P are available. Knowing Verizons track record I believe this to be true. Please someone tell me it isn't so if you have real info.

    Thanks

    Marv
    Look at it this way. If Verizon has the 700w; Sprint gets the 700p; Cingular gets the GSM 700p; and the oversea market gets the wm5 "Hollywood", then Palm would have a Palm and a WM5 solution for each mobile radio type. Yo can pick whatever OS and whatever radio you like. Plus PalmOS gets the business friendly BBConnet. That does sound very good on paper.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike
    Which I wonder would most people like to see a 700p or a 700w show up on more networks. I am sure it is split down the middle on what people want. I am also sure there are a lot of die hard POS fans that just want some small features like EVDO and such. The next several months will be interesting.
    Considering a buddy of mine bought a 700W had it for a week and was so frustrated with the sync not working and the user interface being much less user friendly and efficient than my 650. I'd say more people would like a 700p on Sprint than the 700W on more networks.
  15. iramike's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    #15  
    I think that would be a neat idea, have basic blank hardware and you can say well I like the hardware of the 700w but I wan POS or you know I would rather have WM5. Just like with computers, buy a barebones system and you are able to choose your OS. Yea like that would ever happen. I doubt highly that VZW would stick with only the W, that would be a mistake on their part cause as I have already been corrected, it isn't down the middle as far as POS to WM5, there are a lot of POS users out there and most of them from what I have seen are like me, and would love to has POS with certain other features like EVDO and maybe some sort of multi-tasking abilities. I just bought all this software that makes my life easier I don't want to have to switch the WM5 platform and have to buy it all over again.
  16. #16  
    does any one know if the palm offer is coming to Australia
    bill
  17. TazUk's Avatar
    Posts
    689 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I've read on different thread that Palm is offering the Treo 650 at a ridiculus cheap price in all markets including Europe:
    http://euro.palm.com/uk/en/privatesales/index.html...
    The offer linked to is only for one week, 20th Feb - 26th Feb, and seems to be for current Palm owners only as it requests your current Palm's serial number. Price wise they show it as being £170 less than the standard Palm Store price, which is probably the most expensive way of buying it. Compared to other online resellers it's about £100 cheaper. Still a pretty good deal if your after a T650
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    What is with this?

    Monthly Rental/Charge


    You don't own the phone? like you have to turn it in when you end a contact
    No, you get to keep the handset. Carriers in the UK (I think most of Europe is the same) generally subsidise the handsets pretty heavily (they're often free a few months after being introduced). They tie you to a contract which gives you some number of minutes for voice calls but really get you when you use the device for things not included in the contract bundle. Take a look at the data prices on the page linked above: 25 MB £25 ($43)!

    Whether the European or US system works best for you probably depends on your usage pattern. Personally, I'd prefer a system where I paid a bit more for the handset and could get data cheaper. One upside to the European system though: since you probably need a contract anyway (it's the cheapest way to by voice minutes) it doesn't make a lot of sense not to get a new handset every 12 months or so
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Has anybody else seen signs from Palm that makes you believe that Palm is making room for the Treo 700p?
    Expansys UK have dropped the price (can't say exactly when) and report 650 stock as '10 In Stock - 3 Days'.

    http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=125420

    I haven't been following their Treo inventory very closely, but I do know they've often had several hundred in stock (and immediately available) in the past. Could indicate stock is being run down...

    EDIT: Just read the page I linked above It does include the words 'While stock last, when you purchase a Treo 650 you will receive a free three-in-one Cradle kit'.
    Last edited by marcol; 02/21/2006 at 07:11 AM.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    Now, I gotta get 2 years at least out of my phones. I just can't justify getting one any sooner. So, I will not be getting the 700P right away. But when I am ready, Verizon better have one (or an 800P or whatever). And I hope they will have EVDO data at the same $45 a month price, or less.
    lol making demands of verizon?? I thought we all know better by now. Best thing to do is to never get a 2 year contract..with anyone. And never trust verizon.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions