1.    #1  
    I was in my local Verizon store today, and I nearly walked out with a 700w.

tell me again why I'm waiting for the 700p?
    Because Bill Gates has enough money already......
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    Because Bill Gates has enough money already......
    hahahahaha..good one!
    because you want threaded SMS, simple intuitive OS, and mac compatabliity out of the box.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Because you want:
    1. More memory
    2. Beter screen res
    3. Threaded SMS
  6.    #6  
    but do I want Sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    but do I want Sprint?
    They do have wicked low price on data rates, $15 for all you can eat. Verizon's is $45 if i'm not mistaken.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    They do have wicked low price on data rates, $15 for all you can eat. Verizon's is $45 if i'm not mistaken.

Timmay
    but they may change that with Treo and DUN!

btw how does the 15$ plan vary from the $30 SERO plan, mentioned elsewhere on this forum?
    I was in my local Verizon store today, and I nearly walked out with a 700w.

tell me again why I'm waiting for the 700p?
    Because you and your 700w's pitiful screen don't want to be made fun off when we get our shiny 700p.
    Sprint's Vision Access is actually $10. It's $15 if you want those other bells/whistles like picture mail, etc. A lot don't know that and Sprint won't always tell you directly unless you specifically request it.
    My friend at work got a 700w. I beamed him a picture from my 650 and we did a side-by-side comparison of the screens. Big difference, very noticable. He was bummed. Still likes his phone, but he had his first "what the f***" moment when he realized his screen resolution was so much lower than an "older" model Treo.
    What was it that did it for you?

Also, do you prefer Palm OS or WM5?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    and do you want push email. I bought the 700 and may go back just for Chatter!!!
    Kill Bill, buy POS and Penguins!
    but do I want Sprint?

That all depends. If you currently have them now and you are happy with it, then go for it. Otherwise, I would sugg3est moving to another carrier that gets the Treo 700p. But it looks like Sprint will be getting the 700p first. If you want to be first, than sprint is your choice. I personally hate sprint, and I sell them.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I got a buddy that is a hardcore Windows nut, and he had been waiting for ever for Palm to release a WM Treo, and so far he says its great. He is coming from a BB so the screan doesn't really bother him all that much. I guess my big issue with WM is the memory handling, I don't like that when you click close a program doesnt close. Thats just me. I have been tempted to get the 700w for the little things like multitasking and EVDO, but when I think about it that is all I really want and to be honest I can live without both, I have gotten to comfortable with the 650, it runs well it is stable and always does what I need why make a change. Its been my experience that when Windows gets involved it seems like a good thing at first and then it just steam rolls into a whole lot of other useless stuff. I am getting a little carried away, I honestly think it is great for Palm to have a Treo of each now, and we are going to get more "treo flavors" in the coming months, I believe that if Palm starts giving us more choices they will come out with more and better alternatives and updates more frequently. So its a good thing. Wow sorry got off topic! Go 700p!!
  17. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eimajuno
    I personally hate sprint, and I sell them.
    The hating Sprint part I get--so why sell them? Or do you work at a multi-carrier cell shop?
    The reasons I would consider a change to WinMo:

Slingbox compatability
    multitasking
    Outlook and Office integration
    Seems to be more interested in innovating the smartphone experience rather than living on an old OS and milking it for all it's worth.

Cons are of course sreen res and losing my apps. Threaded SMS is a must but I imagine this difference will be eliminated before too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Q
    The hating Sprint part I get--so why sell them? Or do you work at a multi-carrier cell shop?

I sell them but not buy choice. Yes I do work for a Multi-carrier shop and to be honest, none of us like sprint. We carried them in the past and were never paid for any of the acts that we did. They kinda left a bad taste in our mouths.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future