1.    #1  
    I'm not a fan of Opera (mini or full), WebPro doesn't always show pictures right, Blazer is slow (though it seems faster lately). So how nice would Firefox be? It's all I use at home. Espically if I could have a conduit between the two. I think I'll email the folks at Mozilla, or maybe someone here could do it. After all it's open sorce. I would pay for that.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Quote Originally Posted by leardvr
    So how nice would Firefox be?
    Very
    Quote Originally Posted by leardvr
    I'm not a fan of Opera (mini or full), WebPro doesn't always show pictures right, Blazer is slow (though it seems faster lately). So how nice would Firefox be? It's all I use at home. Espically if I could have a conduit between the two. I think I'll email the folks at Mozilla, or maybe someone here could do it. After all it's open sorce. I would pay for that.
    A multi-tabbed Mozilla variant is already available for the Treo.

Minimo.
    A Small, simple, powerful, innovative, web browser for mobile devices

0.013 Has Been Released!

You can start using Minimo for Windows Mobile 5.0 today. Simply download the installer, and run it on your desktop computer. Install Minimo for Windows Mobile now. If you do not have a Windows desktop, you can download the CAB installer. This you simply need to copy or download to your device and click on: CAB installer for Minimo.

What is Minimo?

The Minimo has been focused on code-size and runtime footprint reduction, small screen usablity, and porting to small consumer devices. We hope to make Minimo the browser of choice on small devices, or machines with limited system resources; taking advantage of Mozilla's support for a broad and comprehensive set of standards and the variety of content on the web, proven security, international support, and cross platform capability.

Why Use Minimo?

For end users, the same browser you are used to running on your desktop and laptop will be available in a slimmed down form on your handheld, but it will have full support for accessing the variety of content you are used to viewing.
    For content developers, the same set of standards based rich content can now be extended to a number of new users accessing the web over wireless handheld devices.

ScreenShots
    and no, its not coming to POS any time soon.
    When will you port to Palm/Symbian..etc?

There are currently no plans to port to other OS's such as Palm, Symbian, HPC. Check out the Minimo Forums for possible ways to get Minimo running on your older version of Windows CE.
    Surur
    Last edited by surur; 02/18/2006 at 10:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    If you really want FireFox,Opera or any other PC browser it is Possible to use them on the Treo 650.
    There is a work around I've done it. Its called Win-hand. I've used Firefox with tabs and all, its pretty fast too. Here's the problem; Win-hand is a service (kinda like have a remote connection to your home pc using the Treo) and its about 9.00 dollars a month. So, if you are willing to pay per month then yes it can be done and done well http://www.win-hand.com/index.htm
    Last edited by migs; 02/18/2006 at 10:43 AM.
    I checked into this last february and did find some activity with a firefox version for Palm but it was in development phases. It even had interconnectovity with Mozilla Calendar. I didn't follow thru cause I use the Mozilla suite instead of FF. If you serach the Moz development forums , you might be able to find reference to it . However methinks, with their time frames, when OS6 was shelled, they probably stopped devlopment thinking theey will just port from ALP which would be much easier.
    Well i've heard before that the next major revision of Blazer (or some other major browser) will have tabs.

(maybe it'll show up in Cobalt :P )

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I am actually impressed buy Opera Mini, it gave some functionality that I didn't have before with Blazer and WebPro, I would also love to see a Mozilla on the Palm. My only one request is make it not dependant on Java, make it a PRC that runs on its own. I like Opera, but it stinks to have to use it with Java, I think that it would run better and faster without. I use mozilla as my primary browser and haven't regretted making the switch ever. Also to be able to get tabbed browsing on the Palm, that would be a dream. My only other request would be not to lose the page I am on if I have to jump outta the browser to answer a txt or an email..
    the Mozilla for WM5 is great from what ive heard.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    all I want is tabbed EVDO browsing on my next treo and ill be a happy camper
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by leardvr View Post
    Hi, I went on the web to sprint.com and the Sprint Website suggested that I upgrade my current browswer to IE 6 or Firefox. Anyone tried this yet? Does it work? I cannot seem to download Firefox onto my 700P - newbie here.
    Mia
    You're not going to be able to put Firefox (a Windows program) on a 700p (Palm operating system).
    I get a similar message if I go to Yahoo with my Zodiac/phone combo running Novarra's nWeb--Yahoo thinks it's an older version of Netscape or something. I think Picsel Browser had the option to set which browser it would identify itself as to websites--IE, Netscape, and maybe Opera (there were 3 choices, I think). I don't know of any other Palm OS browser that allows that, and unfortunately Picsel hasn't released its browser except as a built-in app on Clie handhelds.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    But it isn't a browser.
    Technically, the browser is also available separately--but not legally.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom LaPrise View Post
    You're not going to be able to put Firefox (a Windows program) on a 700p (Palm operating system).
    I get a similar message if I go to Yahoo with my Zodiac/phone combo running Novarra's nWeb--Yahoo thinks it's an older version of Netscape or something. I think Picsel Browser had the option to set which browser it would identify itself as to websites--IE, Netscape, and maybe Opera (there were 3 choices, I think). I don't know of any other Palm OS browser that allows that, and unfortunately Picsel hasn't released its browser except as a built-in app on Clie handhelds.

Well then boys and girls we need to get our hands on a Clie rom.
    i found a site with some software from the Clie but no Picsel viewer.
    anybody find it pleas pm me with its location. id like to see if i can make it work