View Poll Results: Which OS do you prefer on your GSM Teo?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am in the US and I want PalmOS on my GSM Treo

160 63.75%
  • I am in the US and I want WM5 on my GSM Treo

37 14.74%
  • I am outside of US and I prefer PalmOS over WM

48 19.12%
  • I am outside of US and I prefer WM over PalmOS, but only with a QVGA screen

4 1.59%
  • I am outside of US and I prefer any favorite of WM over PalmOS

5 1.99%
  • Comedy "I waannnt Symbian on my Treo!" option

8 3.19%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    You need to look at actual real world situation. CDMA doesn't support voice and data at the same time so there is POS5 run just fine. And the cheap data plan is from Sprint. I actally pay only 7.5 for unlimited power vision after corporate discount. WM5 doesn't support bt2.0, if you watch the treo750v video interview the Palm engineer said that. Plus bt2.0 is only faster than bt1.2, most of the features are already avaiable at bt1.2.

Multitasking is just a bunch of bs. If I can listen to music and run GPS and receive phone can at the same time, I don't care if it has not "true" multitasking. Do you guys just eat up the buzz words like cereal?
    I have Cingular and like most people in the world (GSM) we can't do true 3G on the POS.

I guess its not really the feature set as much as the fact that Palm has not updated the OS for sooo long. Its basically an OS from th 80's with enough patches and fixes to get it to do what they need. I can't bring myself to buy software for something that will most likely be dead very soon.
    Multitasking is just a bunch of bs.
    hip hip horay.

If I can listen to music and run GPS and receive phone can at the same time, I don't care if it has not "true" multitasking.
    and depending on the clent, get your email.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    You need to look at actual real world situation. CDMA doesn't support voice and data at the same time so there is POS5 run just fine. And the cheap data plan is from Sprint. I actally pay only 7.5 for unlimited power vision after corporate discount. WM5 doesn't support bt2.0, if you watch the treo750v video interview the Palm engineer said that. Plus bt2.0 is only faster than bt1.2, most of the features are already avaiable at bt1.2.

Multitasking is just a bunch of bs. If I can listen to music and run GPS and receive phone can at the same time, I don't care if it has not "true" multitasking. Do you guys just eat up the buzz words like cereal?
    maybe that's all YOU need in order to multitask, but having to ability to multitask with EVERY program without compromises is a great thing.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    maybe that's all YOU need in order to multitask, but having to ability to multitask with EVERY program without compromises is a great thing.
    Then select "WM5" on the poll option and smash "vote". That's what this poll is for.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion View Post
    Ok I realize that many of the people here have serious money invested in the PalmOS. But WHY WHY WHY does everyone want to see it on upcoming Treo's? There is soo much it can't do: Multitasking / 3G / Bluetooth 2.0 etc.. and most importantly it hasn't been updated or developed in what 10 years?? The fact is that this OS has been holding back Palm.
    A lot depends on whether you bare looking for a business tool or adult version of the PSP. I can only comment on the former. The difference between Palm and WM remains that one excells at what one "needs" to do and the other excels in what business bottom line types call "fluff".

Take it with the necessary grains if salt considering the source but one need look no furtehr than the following to see why people love their Palm OS.

http://www.palmsource.com/palmos/whyPalmOS.html

1. Doesn't do Multitasking ? - I am not capable of doing multitasking on a 2" screen while driving or otherwise going about my life so I don't need my phone / PDA to do it. This falls, far more often than not, in the realm of "cause I can" rather than cause I need to. Been using a Treo 650 for almost 2 years now and can count on one hand the times I wished I could mutlitask. In fact if I lost 4 fingers, I could still do that.

When ya get the urge to answer a callers question such as :

a. What's Joe's phone number ?
    b. What's the url for .... ?

Try

a. Call my secretary
    b. Use Yahoo dude.

2. Doesn't have 3G ? - EDGE is 3G

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1770749,00.asp

"The least expensive of the three 3G networks, EDGE was rolled out nationwide quickly because it overlies Cingular's existing GSM/GPRS network. Obtaining the increased data speeds merely required a software upgrade for base stations."
    As for HSDPA, yes when Cingular releases the next Treo phone, it will be HSDPA capable, the fact remains that there is insufficent infrastructure in place to support widespread use of a HSDPA phone at this point in time. Cingular had 20 sites in January and 51 sites in March...then they stopped while wrestling with some merger issues and only now have begun to convert towers again, most recently in Manhattan and "da Hamptons".

For the most part, today, HSDPA is like having the latest and greatest nail gun and not be able to find nails for it. OTOH, most people don't need a nail gun and get along just fine with a hammer. If ya wanna hang a picture up, is setting up the compressor and taking out ya nail gun the best way to do it ? It's not about how cool you look getting the nail in the wall, it's about getting the nail in the wall.

You want / need a nail gun (HSDPA capable Treo), wait for June 07 and save up the $750 when the nails (HSDPA) will be available...if all you need is a hammer, get the 680 for $150 or whatever and spend the extra $600 going out on 5 or 6 dates.

3. Doesn't have Bluetooth 2.0 ? - For what ? The most frequent call for this relates to Voice Dialing. For example, with the phone mounted 2" from my hands on the steering wheel, why would I want to pull my hand off the wheel to tap a button 30" away (on a gadget wrapped around my ear) when I can voice dial quicker and faster by flexing my forefinger without pulling my hand offn the steering wheel ? Now if you feel you must have BT2, can we honestly say that most people "need" this functionality ? Will it change the way I do business ? Will it have a measureable imapct on my job performance ?

4. 10 years ? WM is 11 years old and it has been updated so has the Palm OS.....the 5.4.x designation of the OS version should be clear evidence of that. It's core functionality has remained because it has yet to be improved upon with regard to what a PDA "needs" to do for the business user. I confine my comments to the business user cause I have no interest for fluff on a business tool. The Palm OS excells at getting tasks accomplished in the most efficient manner. WM is catching up but not there yet.

It all comes down to what is more important to you...being able to work in the most efficient manner or, for example, being able to show the dude sitting next to you on the bus that you can download and watch Seinfeld reruns on your phone.

It's time to just let it go and move on to something else. WM isn't much better right now but atleast Mircosoft is committed to working on it. I think it should be the OS of choice until there is a REAL alternative. (ie Linux)
    The 680 like the 700 is "Access Powered" the new logo which PalmSource puts on the Treos which license the Palm OS from Palm Access ?

(see http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8590/)

So When Access comes out with ALP (Access Linux Platform) it will still be "Access Powered". Same thing with Windows.....Win95 and NT4 (32 bit) was not an "improvement" of 16 bit Win3.1/DOS, it was a new thingcobbled together from new and old parts but still called Windows. The successors have been substantially different "under the hood" but for the most part the look and feel is what has relevance to the Windows user and the Windows Logo.

Is is the Palm look and feel, it's efficiency and "zen" if you will that make people cling to it....putting a Linux code base "under the hood" isn't going to change that....no more than putting a 64 bit code base under windows changes the way we use Windows. The things that will be important is can I still make a new appointment in 3 steps on my "Access Powered" device or will I have to do 6 steps like WM ? To me the rare times when I might want to mutlitask, BT capability I won't use and data speed capabaility that is not available to me are far less important than one handed usage, every day user efficiency and saving those 3 steps every time I pick up the device.
    Then select "WM5" on the poll option and smash "vote". That's what this poll is for.
    evidently, you should be taking your own advice.
    The best thing about WM5 is that there really is no need to make excuses for its lack of functionality now that it has surpassed the POS in features. If you don't need multitasking, that's fine. If you don't need BT voice dialing, that's fine. If you don't need UMTS/HSDPA, thats fine. But WM5 users don't really need excuses for why they don't "need" something, because the functionality is there. So if you want that particular functionality, even if it is rare, you have it. Without having to sacrifice anything. This is the end result of having a platform that has basically no real development vs. a platform that has been continuously updated. PalmOS 5.4.xx? Please, that's not a real update, just minor changes.
    The best thing about WM5 is that there really is no need to make excuses for its lack of functionality now that it has surpassed the POS in features. If you don't need multitasking, that's fine. If you don't need BT voice dialing, that's fine. If you don't need UMTS/HSDPA, thats fine. But WM5 users don't really need excuses for why they don't "need" something, because the functionality is there. So if you want that particular functionality, even if it is rare, you have it. Without having to sacrifice anything. This is the end result of having a platform that has basically no real development vs. a platform that has been continuously updated. PalmOS 5.4.xx? Please, that's not a real update, just minor changes.
    Only need to make excuses for WM5's inferior usability. :-)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    Only need to make excuses for WM5's inferior usability. :-)
    you could say simplicity, but useability? Considering that WM5 is far more powerful....
    With regard to "added features" my all time favorite feature bloat claim came soff Office 97 which announced on the packaging and flyers that "now with Office 97 you could put a pie chart within pie chart". OK chalk one up for MS, they had a feature that no one else had .... it was also a feature that no one ever used except possibly the folks who send you a page of text using 14 different font styles, 8 different text colors and 17 different text heights.

Features, useful features and features I use every day are three different things. In the 20 months I have owned my 650, there was one time I wished it could mutlitask more extensively. So if you asked "Do you wish that your 650 could multitask" I'd have to say "yeah sure". On the other hand, I make 3 or 4 appointment entries in my 650 per day. If you are now going to ask would I trade my 3 step appointment entry procedure which I use 4 times a day and trade it for mutlitasking and a 6 step appointment entry procedure, the answer is absolutely not. One opportunity to multitask versus 7,296 extra appointment entry steps....no thanks.

Much of the time I am going to use a Treo over other options, I'm occupied doing something else like driving or, more critically, holding a beer (OK soda) at a sports event , give up one handed useage for ....er....what was that feature you were talking about again ?

How long the feature list is not important to me....having better features I want to use frequently is. Many soccer moms going for the 4WD option on their SUV's in Florida .... what for ? Snow getting deep down there ? If I was a Florida resident if someone tried to sell me one model over another cause it has 4 WD, I'd respond that I didn't think I was gonna keep the car until the next ice age.

You wanna convince me, don't tell me what the feature list is, tell me how my life is gonna change because of it. What extra features you get using one thing or another only is relevant when ya also tell me what I am giving up. With the 4WD, it's up front $ and gas mileage....with WM, it's my life....a few seconds at a time but it keeps adding up to a point, from both a time and money standpoint, where it's not something I am willing to give up.

-MS doesn't like their desktop windows claim being thrown back at them but Palm still has more handheld programs than all other mobile OS's put together.
    -For businesses, the TCO of a WM5 device is 2.5 times that of that of a Palm device.
    -Palm's 3rd party programs for handling MS Office Desktop files are universally acknowledged as superior.
    -Palm devices accomplish tasks in fewer steps
    -Palm devices have superior one handed useability.

These may not be the top 5 concerns for every user but they are legitimate concerns for the business user. For me, until WM can match Palm in 4 or 5 of the above categories, longer feature lists ....especially "ooh wow look at that isn't that cool" features that have no "bottom line" impact , WM isn't going to creep into the realm of what I would consider carrying.

But remember the 4WD analogy......I do drive a 4WD SUV cause I live in the snowy northeastern US, am on muddy construction sites all day, do little league, go off road biking and need it often enough to make the cost (both purchase and ongoing) cost worth it. That doesn't make it a superior choice for everyone, it makes it a superior choice for me. For the business user who wants to get core tasks accomplished in the most efficient manner, Palm rules the roost. One could argue that, for MS exchange users, the e-mail integration is enough to tip the scales the other way but I am kinda "on the fence" on that one.

WM does have its strengths. For example, if the reason you own the device is for multimedia usage....(a case I personally can't understand since even if I did have time too actually view anything I put on it, I wouldn't wanna see it on a 2" screen), then by all means the features of WM5 are more aligned with what your goals are so go get it. But what WM trades off for that capability is what makes it a poor choice for the core business user.
    I just skimmed most of that and I'll just get down to the points you have:

-MS doesn't like their desktop windows claim being thrown back at them but Palm still has more handheld programs than all other mobile OS's put together.

**It may have more programs, but how many of them are still actually useful? How many can you even still use? I owned a Treo 650 for over a year and used it as my only PDA/phone for pretty much the entire time. I found a lot of programs that would have been cool, had they actually been updated within the past 5 years. Most programs are outdated, incompatible with OS5.xx, and don't really look all too great to begin with.

-For businesses, the TCO of a WM5 device is 2.5 times that of that of a Palm device.
    -Palm's 3rd party programs for handling MS Office Desktop files are universally acknowledged as superior.
    **If you want to talk about 3rd party programs, lets talk about TextMaker and PlanMaker, the most powerful MS Office programs for handheld devices. Where's the support for palmos?

**lets see, not really. If by one step you mean one less click here and there, then maybe, but that's negligible in real life useage. And entering in 3-4 appointments a day? You act as if entering in an appointment takes hours to do. 10 seconds and I'm done. Wow, that's a whole 40 seconds spent on inputting 4 appointments, that's rough.

-Palm devices have superior one handed useability.
    **I'll agree that the Treo 650 had pretty good one-handed use. But WM5 has closed the gap considerably since the prior OSes (WM2003), and I rarely use the Stylus now unless I want to use the onscreen keyboard/character recognizer or to handwrite something in the Notes program.

Now let's talk about things PalmOS can't do - and this isn't a list of things that PalmOS can do but not as well, but just plain can't do.
    **Multitasking - yea, you don't use it but many people do. The point here isn't how often you want it/need it, but just having the ability to. The biggest drawback? Using the Treo 650 to open a webpage, exiting to go look at some notes you jotted down, and going back to blazer to find that you have to reload everything again. That's just one example.

**No UMTS/HSDPA support - POS just can't do it, and its a result of not having inherent multitasking capabilities. Let me guess, you don't care for high speed data - well regardless of what you want, there are plenty of folks out there that want/need it and they won't be getting it on GSM carriers if they want to keep using POS.

**No more support - yeap, POS is a dying OS. The next OS that will be released will be significantly different, and probably won't be anywhere near the necessary compatibility to run your POS apps. Enjoy it while it lasts, I'm enjoying my frequent substantial upgrades to the WM OS.

**No support for popular programs/websites: Try programs like Slingmobile or LogMeIn on your POS treo. No support? Looks like more and more developers just don't want to spend the time/money on POS anymore.

**Oh, and how about wifi? Using a sled sounds like fun. And the 680 won't even support the wifi card, and I know the 700p struggles with it too. Try out any SDIO wifi card in a Treo 700w/700wx and it'll just work.

Now about your points for the business user - I'm a business user and I prefer WM5 to the POS. Efficiency? Like I mentioned above, that's not a problem with PIM because both are great (and if you throw in 3rd party programs, POS is beat). I also travel a lot for work, and having things like Sling or Logmein are great for being on the road. Oh, not to mention being able to have 3G data for GSM.

I agree that really, its down to the individual user to decide what's best for them, and its great that there's competition in the market. But arguments for the POS like efficiency or availability of programs don't make sense anymore now with the current crop of devices.
    Last edited by gadgetluva; 10/18/2006 at 02:23 PM.
    It may have more programs, but how many of them are still actually useful? How many can you even still use?
    I have 114 POS apps on my Treo according to TrackerDog.

**lets see, not really. If by one step you mean one less click here and there, then maybe, but that's negligible in real life useage. And entering in 3-4 appointments a day? You act as if entering in an appointment takes hours to do. 10 seconds and I'm done. Wow, that's a whole 40 seconds spent on inputting 4 appointments, that's rough.
    Oh yes, realkly....as in double the steps .... as in 6 instead of 3 as is clearly demonstarted on the referenced website. If seconds don't matter why they heck are people forking over premium $$ for that latest CPU in their desktops / notebooks ?

And I'd have to ask you to time your appointment entry time. Even with half the steps it takes me considerable longer to type anything meaningful. Let's not forget the searching for a common date / time you are both free and typing in:

"Progress Meeting @ XYZ Project Jobsite" with your thumbs.

Why is the TCO for WM5 twice that of the Palm OS ?....Training costs for WM5 are more than 5 times that of Palm....one simple reason...you need to train how to use WM5......using the Palm OS is a thoughtless process....everything is just "obvious" and simple.

Now let's talk about things PalmOS can't do - and this isn't a list of things that PalmOS can do but not as well, but just plain can't do. **Multitasking - yea, you don't use it but many people do.
    To do what ? Browser / notes switching ? That all ya got ? I don't wanna hear what ya "can do".....I wanna hear what people are doing 3 -4 times a day....and would be willing to tell their bosses they are doing 3-4 times a day.

**No UMTS/HSDPA support - POS just can't do it, and its a result of not having inherent multitasking capabilities. Let me guess, you don't care for high speed data - well regardless of what you want, there are plenty of folks out there that want/need it and they won't be getting it on GSM carriers if they want to keep using POS.
    Neither will anyone else until there is a network built to carry the signals. Here in the business capital of the world, they just this month rolled out parts of Manhattan and the Hamptons. Where are these people going to use this hi speed capability ? Cingular has < 5% geographical US coverage at this point in time. How many businesses are willing to invest in something their staff can use 5% of the time.

http://www.evdoforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1841

Number of distinct contiguous MSA metro markets partially or mostly covered by high speed wireless carriers:
    Sprint: 160+ markets (158 million+ population coverage claimed)
    Verizon: 105+ markets (153m+ pops coverage claimed)
    Cingular: 18+ markets (60m+ pops coverage claimed)

Even in Europe.....

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/02/02/emedded_hsdpa/

In reality though, it is likely to be well into 2007 before we see anything other than relatively restricted HSDPA availability.

The obvious question therefore is why anyone would be interested in buying a notebook from Dell with embedded HSDPA as soon as the middle of this year. The answer is to future proof their investment.

Futureproof a Treo ? Peeps are complaining now that an 18 month release cycle is too short.

**No more support - yeap, POS is a dying OS.
    No more dead than WM5 will be when WM6 comes out. Yes, Palm stumbled by selling off its OS division thereby taking them out of the driver's seat as evidenced by Coilligans attempt to buy it back. But in the coming year, we will see the next Palm OS from either PalmSource or Palm itself. Once there is a HSDPA network out there, Palm will have to have something for it or drop outta the game. When there's > 80% geographical coverage, we can talk about this being a real issue.

**No support for popular programs/websites: Try programs like Slingmobile or LogMeIn on your POS treo. No support? Looks like more and more developers just don't want to spend the time/money on POS anymore.
    Palm alternatives to LogMeIn have been around long before logmein existed. As for sling, I want a business tool, not an entertainment device. If I want to be entertained I'll consider a PSP but ultimately decide even its screen is too small for entertainment purposes.

**Oh, and how about wifi? Using a sled sounds like fun. And the 680 won't even support the wifi card, and I know the 700p struggles with it too. Try out any SDIO wifi card in a Treo 700w/700wx and it'll just work.
    Again, all you need is a place to use it outside of college campuses, the infrastructure just isn't here yet. Geographical coverage remains in the fractions of a single percentage point. Again, when there's > 80% geographical coverage, we can talk about this being a real issue. Like buying an HDTV when you live in an area with no cable or satellite coverage.

I agree that really, its down to the individual user to decide what's best for them, and its great that there's competition in the market. But arguments for the POS like efficiency or availability of programs don't make sense anymore now with the current crop of devices.
    My best comparison remains the time I recently attended a hockey game. My 10 year old son was taking pictures and e-mailing them one handed (soda in other hand) with my 650 while in front of us a woman was struggling with her WM5 700 trying to do the same. She asked how he could do that so easily and my son showed her and she was literally aghast at the hoops she had to jump thru to accomplish the same thing in the same time on her WM5 Treo. Turns out she owned a real estate business and I told her about all the Palm based home sales software available. She asked me to e-mail her some links which I did....for both the WM5 and Palm offerings....End of it all was the device she had was a day or so short of the trial / evaluation period ending.....she wound up buying 8 Treo 650's in the end.

A few seconds doesn't matter ? .... think of the impression it leaves on your client while he sits waiting to continue whatever it was you were doing while you take twice as long to enter 4 appointments. Think of twice the number of seconds you took your eyes off the road while looking something up while driving.

That is the primary use for a mobile phone....when you are in a vehicle or on a jobsite / out-of-doors. The efficient business user needs / wants a device that will serve his needs when other more efficient means are NOT available.

If you:

1. Call from a mobile phone when a land line is available ?
    2. Type reports, edit documents etc when a PC is available ?
    3. Answer e-mails or more than 10 words when a PC is available ?
    4. Browse the web when a PC is available ?

If you are doing any of those things, you are doing them "cause you can" and not because it is the most efficient option available. I could certainly edit a file on my Treo but it's far easier / faster to simply walk into the hotel's business center (or a client's conference room PC) and use a full size keyboard and 19" screen then to piddle around on a 2" screen with thumbpoard.

A PDA is for simple / quick things.....like hanging a picture on the wall. I take out hammer a nail and I hang the picture. I could set up my compressor, attach the hoses and hook up my air nailer but by the time that's done I already put my hammer away, made a sandwich and am sitting down enjoying a beer. Of course if I was replacing the roofing shingles on my house, using the hammer would slow me down.....my rule of thumb.....if I gonna be putting nails in for more than 15 minutes, I'll use the air nailer.

Same thing with my PDA.....if I gonna use the PDA to accomplish a task, rule of thumb says I am better off on a desktop or laptop if I gonna be at it for 15 minutes or more. WM5 is like a belt mounted air compressor and nail gun that holds 5 nails. Proponents clain it can be two things but winds up falling short when comapred to the available alternatives. It "can" do very many of the things my laptop can do but almost all of them still fall into two categories....things I can do faster and more efficiently on my laptop or any nearby available PC, things I can do faster and more efficiently on the Palm.

Don't get me wrong......many people use Treos, both POS and WM5 inefficiently......the ole "cause I can" rather than because it's the most efficient way. Correcting a spelling mistake on a report makes sense on a Treo. Adding 4 paragraphs and reformatting doesn't. To me how much time I get to leave it in my pocket is just as important as how much time it is in my hand.

I am conductinga job interview evaluating a prospective sales manager.

First question:

you are sitting in a client's office and he tells you "I have to take this call, I'll be about 10 minutes". Do you answer:

1. "OK, I'll just sit here in front of you and check and answer my messages on my mobile"
    2. "Is there a phone I can use ... I see on my mobile screen I have 4 or 5 phone messages and I'd like to see if I have any fires to put out".

Hint the correct answer is the one:

1. where two people aren't talking to 2 other people who are not in the room.
    2. one is constantly saying "could you repeat that, reception isn't great inside the building here."

Question 2:

I am sitting in a hotel lobby and I get a call that the client I am meeting will be an hour late. You figure you easily have an hour's worth of work to do. Do you:

1. Sit in the lobby and answer e-mails on your Treo and then start editing that report that is due Friday.
    2. Walk into the hotel's business center and do the same thing on a full size PC.

Hint....one answer shows me efficient thinking, the other shows my lazy **** thinking.

If ya woulda answered 1 to either question, ya don't get the job.

I'm not gonna say where Palm will be a year from now...whether it will have a successor OS in place, whether it will be popular.....popular and good are not synonymous.....VHS was no where near as good as BetaMax but people didn't want good, they wanted cheap. Arguments that a device could do this or that if I happen to be within miniscule coverage areas don't impress me. It's like arguing how great a car my MG was .... as long as I didn't want to drive it in the rain, thru puddles or when the humidity was over 60% it was great car.

But today, my time is important to me. And if I can save 10-20 seconds, 4 , 8, 40 times a day that adds up and getting home and spending more time with my kids is very important to me. Getting home alive is important to me and tho I know I shouldn't be doing much on my PDA while driving we must admit we all have done so.....so getting whatever I aint suppossed to be doing like hitting the web for directions, seeing if I have a shot at making the next ferry or whatever while taking my eyes off the road for the shortest time possible is important to me. Watching Seinfeld reruns on a 2" screen is not important to me.

My county is planning on county wide WiFi covergae within 2-3 years. WiFi capability will have significance to me then. When Cingular has 50-80% geographical coverage, HSDPA will be important to me....in the nations 22nd most populous county, we don't have more than token EVDO or HSDPA coverage. When WM5 has a program that can do soemthing that 1) I need to do on a PDA and 2) there's no Palm OS version, then that will be important to me. When WM5's TCO drops to less than half of what it is now and therefore close tot hat it is for POS, then that will be important to me. None of those days have arrived as yet.

If you'll pardon one more analogy, imagine me getting a call from the sales offcie of my local major league baseball team asking why I didn't renew my season tickets purchase for 2007 and arguing that they just traded for the rights to 2 high school phenoms as a reason I should continue. Those kids aren't going to be impact players until at least 2011 and to get them, they traded away their two best starting pitchers. You might have an argument in 2011 **if** those kids turn out to be as useful as the two that were traded....but until 2011 they are just potentialities and potentialities don't add W's to this year's record or add cash to my bottom line.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234