1.    #1  
    Since the TREO is such an excellent multi-function device, aimed at the business user, it is surprising that no one has thought of integrating a simple laser pointer into the design of any of its models. Imagine controlling your Powerpoint presentation with Liberty Control and having a laser pointer handy at the same time.

Power consumption wouldn't be that high with intermittent use and the electronics don't take up much space any more. I can't imagine it driving up the price much if added to every device. Besides, it would make better use of that antenna cone sticking out of the top!

What do you think?
    As long as we find more reasons to retain the sexy Treo antenna, I don't mind.

- mvk
    One more reason for them not to allow me to take my Treo into Courthouses and gov't buildings . Suppossed assault with intent to injure / blind risk.
    I think Palm will never do this - but hopefully someone can make a silo-fitting stylus with laser and pen.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I think Palm will never do this - but hopefully someone can make a silo-fitting stylus with laser and pen.
    Now, that I would consider buying. But there'd have to be a way to power the laser with the Treo.
    Be nice to have a nose and ear hair trimmer built into the antenna as well...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I've got a $4.95 pen with a laser pointer and flashlight - so the cost can't be THAT big a deal
    I want to see a blue laser in my treo.
    i want an ez bake oven, Brownies on the go! MMmm
    It is practially useless 99 percent of the time any way. Except,....for crosswords scrabble game. I am a big advocate of using a fingernail in lieu of stylus.
    Surely that guy who made the extra antenna headphone jack can make instructions for installing a laser pointer in the stylus tunnel. let's disconnect the silly led indicator light and use the power feed for the laser pointer.(if it is compatible) then we could use led off program to control on and off for the laser pointer.
    You can get a lazer point sylus from boxwave:

http://www.boxwave.com/products/omnipenpro/index.htm

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Be nice to have a nose and ear hair trimmer built into the antenna as well...
    Now we are talking!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    how bout someone builds a treo stylus with an integrated laser pointer?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    You can get a lazer point sylus from boxwave:

http://www.boxwave.com/products/omnipenpro/index.htm

a bit too large to fit into my treo
    Last edited by jinx; 02/22/2006 at 04:21 AM. Reason: forgot the "too"