1.    #1  
    I would like to use my Treo 650 as a modem for my laptop. I currently have the 39.99 monthly PDA connect unlimited package with Cingular. Will this be sufficient or will I end up with a huge surprise/bill the first month? I have called Cingular service reps and have gotten two different stories. One said yes and another said I would have to upgrade to the $69.99 plan. Should I download the software from Cingular website, which is free or use the PdaNet software download on the JuneFabrics website which is 34.00? Help.
    PDANet and your plan will work for what you need.
    PDANet and the $39 plan is what I have been using. It works well and no extra charges from CING.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, guess I am a little hesitant.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Yeah, but check that there's tons of people who have no issues at all with massive data usage... read past the initial post before freaking out.
    Treo 755P
    I have the 39.99 plan.
    When I first got DUN working (06/2005) I got charged extra for Data.
    I called Cing, they took the charge off.
    The next month they billed me extra again (per kb usage).
    I called again, they took it off again.
    Next month, same thing again.
    This time they told me that I didn't have the right plan, that I needed laptop connect. 69.99
    I told them forget it, and I just quit doing DUN.
    Now a couple of months ago I decided to try DUN again.
    I haven't seen an extra charge for it for 2 billings so far.
    Time will tell. I will post back if it happens again.
    Hopefully they decided to let us just do it w/ the pda connect plan.
    Just call me Berd.
    Your in better shape than most....Cingular is the only service outta da big 3 that doesn't specifically warn about termination of servcie.
    Ive used DUN, though not heavily, and I have the $20/mo unlimited plan. No problems/extra charges. BTW, what Cingular software are you talkin about sthresher
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.