1.    #1  
    I know it's not even officially announced yet but I don't care, it's coming ( see Perry)

I was going to get the TOM TOM bundle but I see they only allow one activation so when I get a 700P and I will be getting a 700P ( See Perry) would this effect my ability to transfer it to the the 700P?

*Side note.... it feels good to stop "incisively" talking about the 700P and get back to actually playing with the 650....
    If you can get a hold of them, you can fax them a copy of the receipt for the new device and they will give you another activation. (or, at least that is what I have read) They did tell me something like that quite awhile ago when I thought I was going to have to get another 650.

You do get 2 activations. After you activate the first one, wait several days, the second one can then be activated. My problem is that I wasted my second one on a Dell Axim that I don't use anymore. I just wanted to see the difference in the screen size and wasn't thinking ahead.
    That is true. I had to get a 3rd 650 which means I ran out of activation codes. I had to fax the sprint receipt, the product code card and a copy of CD#1. They've been pretty slow about it, however. After a week, I'm still waiting. I guess I'll have to call them..... Of course, by the time the 700P, 800P or whatever will become available you'll probably be due for a TomTom upgrade, anyway! Yes, I too, am anxious. Isn't it pitiful?
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I was going to get the TOM TOM bundle but I see they only allow one activation so when I get a 700P and I will be getting a 700P ( See Perry) would this effect my ability to transfer it to the the 700P?.

Actually two activations are allowed.....and the thing that tracks this is on the SD card.....at least according to TT tech support. I was able to reformat my SD card and copy all the files back to it from desktop w/o reactivating. Of course SD card was given identical name after reformatting.
    I tried my SD card in one of my backup 650's and no go. It asked for activation. Based on that, I would say it is not tied to the SD card but to the device itself.
    Was TT installed on that Treo ? Does it have same user name ?

It seems that TT creates a "device code" based upon your authorization code, your SD card name and your user name or something else specific to you Treo and stores that data on the card.

Gonna have to ask TT about that.....seems like if ya wife wanted to use TT in her Treo, a GSM user can just swap SIMS but a CDMA user trying to swap SD cards would be hamprered.
    I believe it's tied to the unique device ID, so if you get a new device (even if you use the same HotSync ID) you'll need a new activation code.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I believe it's tied to the unique device ID, so if you get a new device (even if you use the same HotSync ID) you'll need a new activation code.
    That's exactly how Voicedial by VoiceSignal works. If you get a replacement Treo, it has a different device ID, so you need a new reg. code.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I think the only difference here is that TT, at least according to TT tech support, requires both the same Treo and same SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I think the only difference here is that TT, at least according to TT tech support, requires both the same Treo and same SD card.
    I'm in the same boat trying to move things over to my 700p.

I do recall that I was able to change SD cards previously with my Treo 650 and TomTom worked fine, but I don't recall the exact process. I'm almost positive that I copied the contents of the original 2GB SD card to my hard disk and then back to the new 4GB SD card.

One question: If I am able to succesfully activate TomTom on my 700p, will I have any trouble continuing to run it on my 650? I'm not trying to circumvent their licesing...I'm just trying to make sure I can use the product I paid for in case I have problems with my 700p.
    My guess is both will run fine....but having used up ya two activations, you gonna have to depend upon your powers of persuasion to get a new code if you have to reinstall one of them.
    I am sure that this BS has cost TT one license for every extra it may have sold. Copy protection is a failed strategy but they do not get it.

Orphan applications do not help Palm much either.
    My guess is both will run fine....but having used up ya two activations, you gonna have to depend upon your powers of persuasion to get a new code if you have to reinstall one of them.
    I used up two codes just achieving the first good install. Am I the only one?
    I had to deal with them to get a new code after replacing my 650 via insurance.. Pain in the *** -- probably would not have purchased this software if I knew that's how they handled their licensing. I do not expect to have to go thru that rigamarol for software I OWN.

Next time around, I'll be downloading a warez'd copy. Not waiting on them again...

I actually did that when I got my replacement Treo 650. Basically I see it as a "no CD hack" for the games. I have paid for the program, I am entitled to use the hacked version. (Plus, no more reenter your code screen when you have hard reset.)