1.    #1  
    I'm trying to recycle my Treo 270 for my girlfriend by loading it with stuff she can use for school. I found a lot of SuperMemo educational stuff that would be really helpful for her so I tried to install the latest version of it, 1.1.2. It came up on the 270 stating that for this version of POS I had to go to their site and download v1.1.1. Well guess what? There is no place on MapleTop's site to download it and they've been unresponsive to my email inquiry. I've checked Palmgear and scoured Google and Yahoo for the older version but can't find it.

Does anyone know where I can download it? Or if you have it, could you please email it to me. I am not asking for a hacked version. A normal version that works in demo would be fine. Then if it works well I should be able to at least register an older version on MapleTop's website. I am trying to do this for my girlfriend for Valentine's Day and am damn frustrated. So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all,

Bob
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    ....you've got mail.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    What is the procedure to get SuperMemo in return for writing the material for SuperMemo Library?
    Answer:
    You should do the following:
    Say you like the program and would like to work with it on a permanent basis
    Declare a minor contribution to SuperMemo Library (e.g. 300-items strong learning material with knowledge of your interest, country, culture, etc.). For example, Basic Hungarian
    We send you a password to continue using the program
    You use the program and write your contribution material
    We wait for the material
    You send it to us e-mail
    We decide if it should be added to our offer (on the basis of quality and our priorities)
    Once it is added, you will receive 33% royalties that will first go to cover your $20 fee for SuperMemo and later on will go to your pocket. In the same way you can also upgrade to SuperMemo 99 ; however, you will not get the newest version before we actually can see your material
    For details write to sml(AT)super-memory(DOT)com with FREE SUPERMEMO in the Subject Line

http://www.super-memory.com/sml/freeware.htm

http://www.super-memo.com/supermemo/supforpalpil.html
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Jo. She loved it. Can't believe I'm getting more mileage out of the 270. Not using it as a phone and just loading it up with school apps has shown that it can still be a pretty useful tool.
    That's pretty cool....good to see it go to good use.

I still have my old 270 in a drawer some where...broken hinge. I'm sure I have a couple stylii laying around too, if you ever need them. I also have a holster (one of the hard plastic things), if she would want that (though I don't know many girls who would).
    - Albert Einstein
  6.    #6  
    I got one of those soft holsters that kind of look like a pouch with the Handspring logo on it. I don't think she's gonna want to use that either though. I also have some extra stylii for it as well but thanks for the offer. What I'm really trying to get for it is a charger. I don't think they manufacture the 270/300/600 charger anymore as I have found only 650 chargers in Verizon, Sprint, and Staples stores and even on Palm's website. Luckily I have a friend whose insurance bumped him up to a 650 from a 600 and he's supposed to drop off his old charger next week. Sad to say but I think my 600's days are numbered too.
    I have a Sprint 600 collecting dust in a drawer...with the charger....who's your carrier?

Only have the one charger, else I'd happily give just give you one. I had 2 others, but gave them to friends when i got my 650.

Worst case scenario, I think you can still buy a charge and sync cable...either boxwave or ebay usually has them. And they sell the usb to wall outlet adapter for those. Or seidio has some too... http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=26
    - Albert Einstein
  8.    #8  
    I have Sprint as my carrier. My friend fell through with finding the charger. Guess I'll shop around on the web to find one. I'm not buying a Seidio charger. I had one before and the insulation began coming off the wires a few later. They have great concepts for products but the quality is lacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I have Sprint as my carrier. My friend fell through with finding the charger. Guess I'll shop around on the web to find one. I'm not buying a Seidio charger. I had one before and the insulation began coming off the wires a few later. They have great concepts for products but the quality is lacking.
    I don't disagree about Seidio, i've had terrible luck with them as well. My boxwave sync and charge has lasted nearly a year so far and still going strong for my 650. The one I had for my 600 is nearly 2 years old and my friend still uses that...so i'd check them out.
    - Albert Einstein
  10.    #10  
    I took your advice and shopped ebay. I got a charger for like $1.00 plus $10 delivery.
    Damn, that's a pretty good deal. Congrats!
    - Albert Einstein