Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Okay so i'm a High School kid whos been drooling for a treo since i can remember. I have 2 T300s ready to activate and i'd love to switch from my bogus LG 325 (SPRINT only, btw), however my dad won't allow me to use either smartphone, as hes convinced that i wouldn't charge it often enough for him to be able to call me and get me to answer.

ANYWAY, quesiton is: shud i push for buying a used T650 on ebay or wait it out for sprint to get something new, and pounce on a potentially lower priced treo?

I've deduced that at least on ebay i could pick up a "Like New" t650 for ~330 shipped. But will i regret this later? I'm eager for something within the remainder of the month.

Any insight would be very much appreciated. I would have been content with my LG325 and an old pocket pc i've got with a bluetooth card, BUT the LG doesn't have full on OBEX, which really is a killer.

Cheers,
    Shaan.
    I would not buy off eBay unless it was brand new by a REPUTABLE seller. Too much chance to get ripped off. I've seen posts here of people who bought off eBay and regretted the problems. Like the ESN number not being cleared for re-use, defects the seller "forgot" to mention, etc.

The 650 has gone down in price. You could buy from a Sprint carrier or a cellular store that sells for Sprint for $300-$350(it may even be lower in those stores not tied to one carrier) with extension of your contract. Then at least you can return the phone if it turns out you can't use it. Within the test period, of course.

Sprint MAY release a new phone before June, too many rumors to be sure. But 650s can be found cheaper than they were a year ago. But again, BE CAREFUL if you buy off eBay!!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    You could wait, but there are some pretty good deals right now:

http://www.splashwireless.com/offers...f87a212625c9ef

I would search around the web and compare prices.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Now is a good time to buy as a new subscriber or as one with a loyalty discount. I bought mine from sprint a couple of weeks ago and got it for 200. with the Palm rebate, 150. Thats a good price. I got 150 for handset loyalty, plus an extra 100 for being a sprint business customer. Then I sold my IpaQ on ebay for 200. which will put 50 in my pocket once I get my rebate.

So, I would say now is a good time to buy. If a new model comes out, I will sell mine to a friend or on ebay and possibly get a 700p (if it comes out and works well)
    Quote Originally Posted by rshaan
    Okay so i'm a High School kid whos been drooling for a treo since i can remember. I have 2 T300s ready to activate and i'd love to switch from my bogus LG 325 (SPRINT only, btw), however my dad won't allow me to use either smartphone, as hes convinced that i wouldn't charge it often enough for him to be able to call me and get me to answer.

ANYWAY, quesiton is: shud i push for buying a used T650 on ebay or wait it out for sprint to get something new, and pounce on a potentially lower priced treo?

I've deduced that at least on ebay i could pick up a "Like New" t650 for ~330 shipped. But will i regret this later? I'm eager for something within the remainder of the month.

Any insight would be very much appreciated. I would have been content with my LG325 and an old pocket pc i've got with a bluetooth card, BUT the LG doesn't have full on OBEX, which really is a killer.

Cheers,
    Shaan.
    I would wait 6 weeks.

See if it is the 700W or 700P that is announced for Sprint.

Then make your choice based on price and specs.

Cheers, Perry
    Over the holidays, Staples had Treos for $99.....Buy.com was selling them for $99 a week ago, albeit with a data and voice plan committment. Cingular was selling refurbished ones, with warranty, for $139......with these deals around, why risk e-bay.

My 16 year old wil inherit my 650 when I get an 800.....well assuming it has HDSPA3.6 and soem other goodies enuff to make me spend moola.