Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Regarding the 700p, I have it on good authority that I have no authority to cite any authority that Palm even has the authority to release any authority pertaining to any authority regarding the 700p.

There you have it. The final word.
    On who's authority did you make this statement on authority?
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Strictly the highest authority. :-D
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    My point was, I can't think of one app that the 700 would run that the 650 can't. MantraGroup's VOIP app would qualify if it works. Streaming media would definitely change my opinion. Otherwise, it'll be faster, but without a good stable compliant browser, the speed is not fully utilized.
    EVDO does very little for upstream bandwidth, so dont count on the 700p being VoIP ready. The other EVDO handsets out there on both Sprint and verizon's network are no good.

What I meant was 'streaming video'. Yes, Shoutcast is great and it will be greater when we have support for streaming WMAs.
    I think that you will find once you can stream WMA files shoutcast will become a thing of the past.

(That doesn't mean I won't be at the front of the line at the Sprint Store).
    Ha!, that really says it all doesn't it. We all will!
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    Im calling this the 700B - B for BORING.
    Or the TREO 651, since it really isnt much else than 1 step away from a 650.

I think the specs for this phone are a MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT. This isnt a new device, just a basic update of an old device that was plagued with problems. There is very little here that would make me switch from my 650 which finally works and which I am finally very happy with (but only because I have a modified ROM - which in itself is ridiculous):

Form factor - for a 'new' device, its basically the same as the 650, except that it looks far uglier. I think the 650 looks more sleek than the 700W. More than a year later, this should have been a smaller device. AND GET RID OF THAT UGLY ANTENNA!

OS - what a bore. another non-multitasking operating system. Come on Palm, this isnt 1995!

Memory - Zzzzzzzz. Most basic celpphones will have more than this in 2006. The flash memory is the same physical size whether is 64mb or 1GB. its a cost issue (if i could buy it with 1GB I would - perhaps give us options).

Camera - Ok, better than the 650, but should be 5MP to make it a real alternative. I wonder if it will be able to take high definition video too?

Screen - definately the highlight of the 650 (no other device is as good) but wouldnt it have been more interesting to have 320x320 but expandable to 320x480 with a slidedown keyboard for wtaching video? That would be nice.

EVDO - OK, thats a start.

WiFi...? NO WIFI??? Absolutely ridiculous.

Flashing asterix replaced by a bell - wow thats innovative.

Button remap - Whats the difference? I liked the fact that I could map all my buttons on the Treo 600. Give us 8 buttons and let us decide what we want to do with them.

I want a thinner, smaller device with a bigger screen, wifi, real memory, no antenna and a multi-tasking OS. GPS would also be a real advantage. This device is just a 650 with go-faster stripes painted on.
    Meennnnnnn. I'm so sick and tired of all these fake a** NORSTRADAMUS we have on treocentral. The phone isnt out yet! No one knows the specs. Everyone is just guessing. Cant we just wait till the phone comes out and then criticize it then? ssssheeessssss!
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Quote Originally Posted by hova
    Meennnnnnn. I'm so sick and tired of all these fake a** NORSTRADAMUS we have on treocentral. The phone isnt out yet! No one knows the specs. Everyone is just guessing. Cant we just wait till the phone comes out and then criticize it then? ssssheeessssss!
    Oh, that's a given!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I shall be upgrading. Regardless of how long I've had my T650. THe improved camera (I realized how often I use it)... but I've not upgraded my PalmOS device in so long... I'd love to have the latest gadget out there... (I am GSM so I'll be waiting a while longer than most of you here)

THO, i come from Sony Clie's... where ONCE they were the vanguard of the PalmOS devices... and we all know what happened to that line...

AND we all criticized and were greatly disappointed in the Pa1m devices for their seemingly conservative new devices...

THEY cornered the low end market (we as PalmOS users lambasted them BUT they were great sellers)... and their TREO line gave many of us something to salivate for... AND Now they have the long-rumored WM5 version?

They are STILL in business, and hopefully will STAY in business...

So that hi-res+ version of a TREO (pipedream)... may become a reality.
    Prob not...

But I hope if ever so incrementally slow... that our they'll get closer to that ideal POWER-user PalmOS device we have all be hoping for... lol
    (they DO NOT focus on OUR needs)

Yeah right... I'll stick around with the OS for the long haul... (assuming APPLE does not release my ideal iphone or iPDA... lol)
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts

I think the specs for this phone are a MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT. This isnt a new device, just a basic update of an old device that was plagued with problems. There is very little here that would make me switch from my 650 which finally works and which I am finally very happy with (but only because I have a modified ROM - which in itself is ridiculous):

Form factor - for a 'new' device, its basically the same as the 650, except that it looks far uglier. I think the 650 looks more sleek than the 700W. More than a year later, this should have been a smaller device. AND GET RID OF THAT UGLY ANTENNA!

OS - what a bore. another non-multitasking operating system. Come on Palm, this isnt 1995!

Memory - Zzzzzzzz. Most basic celpphones will have more than this in 2006. The flash memory is the same physical size whether is 64mb or 1GB. its a cost issue (if i could buy it with 1GB I would - perhaps give us options).

Camera - Ok, better than the 650, but should be 5MP to make it a real alternative. I wonder if it will be able to take high definition video too?

Screen - definately the highlight of the 650 (no other device is as good) but wouldnt it have been more interesting to have 320x320 but expandable to 320x480 with a slidedown keyboard for wtaching video? That would be nice.

Button remap - Whats the difference? I liked the fact that I could map all my buttons on the Treo 600. Give us 8 buttons and let us decide what we want to do with them.

I want a thinner, smaller device with a bigger screen, wifi, real memory, no antenna and a multi-tasking OS. GPS would also be a real advantage. This device is just a 650 with go-faster stripes painted on.
    I'm not dissappointed, but I'm not excited about it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete

Well then, you are in the wrong place. People here tend to be one or the other.

How do you feel about the Budget Deficit? Excited? Angry?
    What about the drug prescription conspiracy?

The Treo 700x is right up there.

At least that is how this forum reads...
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!

Funny, a dude who doesn't know how to format a SD card, or make a custom ROM or can't figure out simple Treo related things has the b@11s to start a thread saying that he is dissapointed with the Treo 700p. What's next Paris Hilton saying that the Treo sucks...! Seriously.... Who gives a damn... Now if it was Jeff Kirvin or Ed Hardy saying it I would care.

What a waste of disk space for TreoCentral..

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    I feel the same way you do. As soon as I heard there may be no wi-fi option, but the 700w has one, pissed me off right away and took away some of the excitement! Add to that not knowing who or what to believe exactly, and that also dampens some of the excitement.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11.    #51  
    Hey Treolo, no need to get nasty. For a guy who has posted over 1,000 times, I think you need to get out more.
    For those that are familiar with the Sprint Sero offer I found the 700W product page. I noticed that when the images are viewed individually it has the Verizon logo. It is not currently offered but nonetheless the Sero plan is a great deal for the phones offered-

http://www.inphonic.com/PhoneDetails...ayCarrierLogo=
    Last edited by Gman1000; 02/11/2006 at 10:40 AM. Reason: mis type
    Hey Treolo, no need to get nasty. For a guy who has posted over 1,000 times, I think you need to get out more.

1000 over 5 years- that isn't bad. It is 8500 in 13 months that worries me...

I dont know why people are always so suprised that the new treos are not bleeding edge???? Has a treo ever been bleeding edge???

The new treo will build on the prior model- offer more- still come up short to all us geeks but will sell like crazy. That is the essence of the treo...
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    The 600, minus BT and lower res screen, rocked the cellphone world.

But ever since then each treo has continue to follow the pattern of offering upgraded features that should have been offered the previous release. I have not even looked at the rumored 700p specs, but by the reaction I bet the rumors are not showing at least 128 mb, WIFI, EVDO, etc...that have been offered in the competition for up to 18 months now.

I am interested in see the final production model and will make my judgement then, but if history proves to repeat itself I am going to be forced to stay with WM devices as I will not buy a device that is 18 months behind on it's release date with specs and features.

Sad....but until Palm actually takes a step to lead the market again, Palm is Palm's worst enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Funny, a dude who doesn't know how to format a SD card, or make a custom ROM or can't figure out simple Treo related things has the b@11s to start a thread saying that he is dissapointed with the Treo 700p. What's next Paris Hilton saying that the Treo sucks...! Seriously.... Who gives a damn... Now if it was Jeff Kirvin or Ed Hardy saying it I would care.

What a waste of disk space for TreoCentral..

Al
    FWIW, I'm very excited about the 700p.
    After using a Treo 700w I am looking so forward to the 700p. Palm did an amazing job with the 700w, the hardware is amazing. I actually prefer it to my Treo 650. The keyboard is roomier, and EV-DO in soooo fast. The 700w is very impressive, but if you're a Palm OS fan like me you are going to LOVE the 700p.
    Jimmie Geddes
    With the Treo 700p not even being announced yet, how does anyone know it won't support Palm's wifi card? I was very impressed with the Treo 700w's EV-DO it felt like wifi. Does anyone know for fact that the 700p won't support the Palm wifi card?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    This is not how the wireless industry operates. I don't know any manufacture that offers big step upgrades.
    Samsung: i700 to i730 - big difference physically and functionally.

HTC: PPC-6600 to PPC-6700 Big difference physically and functionally.

Now you know two manufacturers.
    i'll bet a day's dollar that the Hollywood GSM phone will have Wifi, UTMS, 64mb, same crappy OS, and will kick the 700p's *** up and down the rating charts. If the Hollywood is going to be big in Europe it'll have atleast these features. BOOO CDMA!!!

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Agree with every single word you said. Palm only has themselves to blame for the losing of market share to PPC. They never changed. Why called 700W with so minor changes ? PPC are florishing, with so many vendors pushing out innovative design. I hope the rumour of Apple taking over them is true, at least they are INNOVATIVE !
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast