Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I could see Sprint getting the 700W anytime now ----- they don't have to test it

Verizon runs much more rigorous tests than Sprint ---- if the 700W passes the Verizon test, then it can easily be phased into Sprint, as far as I'm concerned
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    So it seems Sprint will probably get the 700w aroudn Feb/March while the 700p will be released April/May with Verizon carrying the 700p later this summer?

What about GSM versions? Is the Hollywood rumor only for Europe or will there be a GSM version of the Treo700w/p for NA market? Also, there was discussion before debating whether the Treo 700p was actually the "lowrider" rumor. If true, then that would mean there is an entirely separate high end PalmOS Treo model that is completely unknown...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I still go with Shadowmites zero testing on Sprint for the 700W thus far. If they had it in the works -- I think Shadow would know -- they have to do at least some testing.

I still go with Verizon having a 6 month exclusive on the W and this scenario for Sprint:

700P = April

700W = July

Cheers, Perry.
  4.    #44  
    Yea, What he said ....... Grabs Horns.....
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Folks, I can safely say, the 700p will debut on sprint (I believe they'll be first, but can't promise this). Sprint is only testing ONE new palm device. And that IS the 700p. But it's pre-pre testing only. This is not the final testing phase. It's a ways off.

How long Shadowmite??? Hopefully their testing will be short!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    If Cruz from HOFO said a Palm rep stated a Palm 700W is coming to Sprint then I believe it.End of story. I further believe that a Sprint 700w has already been tested and that leaving us with ONE still in testing, of course that being the 700P. Like Shadow mentioned.

I just don't see them crowding the shelves with a 700w and a 700P around the same time so this leaves me at.........

Sprint 700w ........Q1/2
    Sprint 700P..........Q3/4

Wish it was the other way around but I think this is the way it's going to be.........
    Mr. Viking,

I do not see Palm waiting that long to release the 700P for Sprint. What would all the customers say after seeing "Hollywood". Why can't I get the Hollywood Version???? Maybe Access is going to surprise us by getting another Phone mfg to release a device that we all would love. Our eyes somtimes cannot see far into the future. It's hard to think what could be better than the Hollywood?
    With my T-Mobile service I feel like I'm betting on a horse that's still in the starting gate while the Verizon horse and the Sprint horse are passing the grandstands on thier way to the finish line. Where's my GSM unlocked anything?
    We GSM users gotta wait.
    But the MDA should keep T-Mobile users busy until either of the 700s go GSM(only if you can stand WM5, though).
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123