Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    How the hell is Sprint going to release a Windows and Palm OS 700 around the same time?
    They're not, Shadowmite says there ONLY testing one 700 right now, the P.
    (Post 9)
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    They're not, Shadowmite says there ONLY testing one 700 right now, the P.
    (Post 9)

If Cruz from HOFO said a Palm rep stated a Palm 700W is coming to Sprint then I believe it.End of story. I further believe that a Sprint 700w has already been tested and that leaving us with ONE still in testing, of course that being the 700P. Like Shadow mentioned.

I just don't see them crowding the shelves with a 700w and a 700P around the same time so this leaves me at.........

Sprint 700w ........Q1/2
    Sprint 700P..........Q3/4

Wish it was the other way around but I think this is the way it's going to be.........
    I think Shadowmite would have known thru his Sprint contact, whether they had previously tested a 700W.

You say two may toe,
    I say ta ma toe.

Cheers, Perry

4.    #24  
    I think Shadowmite would have known thru his Sprint contact, whether they had previously tested a 700W.

You say two may toe,
    I say ta ma toe.

Cheers, Perry

LOL...............Am so confused .......am going to bed...night, night, sweet dreams, see you tomorrow..............
    I hate to add this, but I was at a Sprint store this evening - problems with my bill.

I asked when the Treo 700 would be out, the sales rep simply stated this Spring or sometime this Summer.

Not that a sales rep is a reliable source, but this is consistent with the speculation stated in this thread so far.
    At my local store she said, "They haven't made one yet."
    Not till May for a dot-point revision to the aged Treo 650? Sigh. Considering how lackluster the 700w reviews have been, it really depresses me that all of the other Palm OS licensees have dropped out and we're stuck waiting on Palm to deliver. Surely there's a market for more Palm OS smartphones? With zero competition on the Palm OS front, they sure can take their sweet time with things.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Greetings all!

I had to join Treocenteral to first say this weekend was a real first class ride. I have always lurked here because I do not have a Treo and honestly not likely to get one However, slinky has infested PalmInfocenter now and was trying to spread the Sprint rumor over there. (Still in denial I might add<G>)
    Just thought you might want to know.
    "Many men stumble across the truth, but most manage to pick themselves up
    and continue as if nothing had happened."
    - Winston Churchill
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Folks, I can safely say, the 700p will debut on sprint (I believe they'll be first, but can't promise this). Sprint is only testing ONE new palm device. And that IS the 700p. But it's pre-pre testing only. This is not the final testing phase. It's a ways off.
    But how much testing would they need to do on a 700w considering it's already functioning on a CDMA network?
    Quote Originally Posted by rcartwr
    Greetings all!

I had to join Treocenteral to first say this weekend was a real first class ride. I have always lurked here because I do not have a Treo and honestly not likely to get one However, slinky has infested PalmInfocenter now and was trying to spread the Sprint rumor over there. (Still in denial I might add<G>)
    Just thought you might want to know.
    Welcome!

Slinky's a piece of work....
    They have not tested any other palm phones I'm sorry to say. The 700w is VZW's ONLY for 6 months. That is fact. The sprint people who believe otherwise are mis-referencing the 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Umm, I would say around May, but that's purely a guess with almost ZERO knowledge factored in.
    I was told by a Palm rep (to Verizon) that Verizon expects the 700P to be released in the Summer and all but said Sprint would release it well before Verizon. So, May sounds realistic. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see it sooner.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    LOL...............Am so confused .......am going to bed...night, night, sweet dreams, see you tomorrow..............

You may now be unconfused.
    (Posts 32 & 33)

Hang with me bud, do not succumb to the fear of not knowing a firm date.

55% of poll respondents think it will arrive between Mar 30 and Apr 30.
    80% voted for arrival dates on or before May 15.

(The 13% out there in August, at least in part, have been voting as to a GSM arrival.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/08/2006 at 06:55 AM.
    While I share your optimism, Perry, the poll has absolutely no bearing on when the 700p will actually arrive.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    While I share your optimism, Perry, the poll has absolutely no bearing on when the 700p will actually arrive.
    So true, but it does provide a good representation of what conclusions people have drawn from all the rumors, chatter and speculation.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/08/2006 at 07:12 AM.
  17.    #37  
    You may now be unconfused.
    (Posts 32 & 33)

Hang with me bud, do not succumb to the fear of not knowing a firm date.

55% of poll respondents think it will arrive between Mar 30 and Apr 30.
    80% voted for arrival dates on or before May 15.

(The 13% out there in August, at least in part, have been voting as to a GSM arrival.)

Good morning..........I feel better now......... 700p in April
    Shadowmite, I don't suppose you could dig up a little more info about the 700p's camera? Based on the few sample photos I've seen from the 700w, I'm worried that they may be giving us more megapixels but worse overall PQ.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    shadowmite,
    how certain r u of this? analysts have been reporting verizon & sprint r getting both.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    shadowmite,
    how certain r u of this? analysts have been reporting verizon & sprint r getting both.
    They will be getting both.. But Sprint is getting the 700P first... Verizon has 700W now and will be the only provider for 6 months... So in the meantime Sprint is Pre-testing the 700p...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast