1.    #1  
    Looking for suggestions. I am currently loading my new Treo 650 with all the basic apps. I need to know where I can get a good music ripper and which media software to use as far as playing music. Willing to pay for software only if its worth it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I think there is a thread on this...but I use audiograbber. It's free and compresses at a pretty good rate.

On my treo, I used ptunes. It was free with registration of treo. You might also use orb or tcmcp.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    Thanks t2, I downloaded audiograbber and it works great. However, I didn't get ptunes with my registration of my treo. I do have Real Player that came installed. Is that any good or will it be worth it to purchase ptunes? Thanks.
    If you don't have ptunes, then I would just download TCPMP. It plays pretty much anything and its free. Here is a link to download the latest POS version (0.71)

I personally never used realplayer...ptunes did great and played in the background while I was working on a word doc and such.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve